Subscribe
    Jun 25, 2014, 6:27 PM - Looking for reasonably cheap jet pack harness ideas #1

Well since the jp and harness are the last big pieces that I need for my suit, I was wondering what are some options for the harness (that would be 501at approvable). I know about the harness that toolguy makes and it looks good, but since I would have to sew the straps and seeing how I can't sew, that's not an option right now. I was wondering about the mow harness and if anybody has one. What other harness options are available that isn't too expensive?
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Jun 25, 2014, 6:35 PM - Re: Looking for reasonably cheap jet pack harness ideas #2

I have a MOW harness. It fits very nicely. Still need to test it with the jetpack, but with the right rigging, it should be comfortable. Toolguy's harness looks awesome, and if I didn't have a MOW already, I probably would have gone with him. I wouldn't worry about sewing when there are liquid sewing solutions that do just as good a job.
    Jun 25, 2014, 7:04 PM - Re: Looking for reasonably cheap jet pack harness ideas #3

Also have to consider your size. Aren't you like 12 feet tall JC? I'd find out what chest size the MOW are recommended for.
    BKBT makes a harness, but it costs more. But he may be able to adapt better to your size, if it's an issue.
  5. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jun 25, 2014, 7:10 PM - Re: Looking for reasonably cheap jet pack harness ideas #4

Justin you lose my #? You know just cause I have a little one now doesnt mean Im done with helping ya

Thing with the JP and the harness are if you dont do a rig your going to have sagging issues think about not spending tooo much on this budget one...and upgrading to a rig down the road if you can.
    Jun 25, 2014, 7:22 PM - Re: Looking for reasonably cheap jet pack harness ideas #5

No Dom I still have it. I just figured you were up to your eyeballs in poopy diapers lol. And no in not 12 foot tall, just 6'4" lol.
    I was actually thinking of taking one of my bug out backpacks and seeing what I could do with it since it has the strap across the chest and stomach.
  7. Jun 25, 2014, 7:48 PM - Re: Looking for reasonably cheap jet pack harness ideas #6

Hey JC..if you can swing the toolguy harness, and the webbing/straps, i can sew them on for you
    Jun 25, 2014, 8:16 PM - Re: Looking for reasonably cheap jet pack harness ideas #7

Thanks Lou, if I go that route I will definitely give you a heads up.
    Jun 25, 2014, 8:18 PM - Re: Looking for reasonably cheap jet pack harness ideas #8

Sort of in the same boat - have a JP, no harness. Emailed RS Props about one and they said they did fabricate them but had no idea of a date for availability. Sure wish BBF would come back. May have to go the MOW or toolguy route (and nothing against that / just was trying to get something more screen accurate)