Looking to Purchase Armor

From
    Hickory Hills, IL

Hi all,

I'm new and I am interested in joining the 501st as a Boba Fett. I just getting started and I'm looking to buy armor. Bobamaker won't have any time until December and Fett's Pride isn't emailing me back. So I'm looking for other options. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks.

Paul

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Re: Looking to Purchase Armor

FP, and the other people here who do work are NOT Amazon.com....its not ready made ready to ship hundreds of guys answering emails its 1 guy maybe he has time to check email maybe he doesnt. Your new and I get that you might not know how it works but please be patient....a Fett is not built in a week let alone a month
    Last edited by Fett 4 Real; Apr 29, 2013 at 10:10 PM.

FP is a busy guy but I know he'll definitely get with you. I've had replies from him recently, but he's been playing catchup I think, so I'm sure you'll get a reply soon.

From
    Pennsylvania

Before you decide to buy armor, do some research to make sure you buy some that will fit you. BM armor is on the smaller side so if you are 6' or more don't bother with it because it will be too small. FP stuff fits taller people, but like others have said, he is very busy so be patient. As a newer member I would recommend doing a lot of research before commiting to buy anything. Many people (myself included) have been burned by quick purchases. Be patient and you will be fine.

From
    Hickory Hills, IL

Thanks Jc, I didn't even think of size. I'm tall so I guess BM is out.

Sarlacc, email replied to. I usually have a 48-72 response time through the con season.

Thanks.

Chris
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

From
    Hickory Hills, IL

I just emailed you back Chris. Looking forward to hearing from you.

From
    Albuquerque

PM replied bro

From
    Pennsylvania

RKD, how is everything? Good I hope. Like FP says, it's con season and anyone that can make parts is going to be busy. Hopefully you will be up and running soon. Side note I found that Luke figure from your collection vids. It is pretty cool.

From
    Albuquerque

Hi Jc, yes thank you brotha. I got some great news back from the doc and will slowly start up the shop again (I'm currently on vacation and recovering from surgery). I'll post up in the sale thread all the info soon Thanks again for your and everyone else's concern, it really means a lot
    Which Luke figure??

Glad to hear you're ok RKD!

From
    Albuquerque

Thanks again buddy!!

From
    Hickory Hills, IL

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm off to a great start!

Not to take any thunder away from any of the fine builders of armor here (still working on my armor from you, RKD ), but I think WickedBeard still might be making metal armor... find him on FB.

From
    Pennsylvania

It was the Ralph M. Luke concept with the scuba mask. Glad to here you are doing better. Enjoy the vacation, I bet you needed it.

Necronaut said: View Post
    Not to take any thunder away from any of the fine builders of armor here (still working on my armor from you, RKD ), but I think WickedBeard still might be making metal armor... find him on FB.
    I added him on FB and it took over 5 months for a reply.

From
    Pennsylvania

Deleted post
    Last edited by Jc27; May 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM.

Interesting, I originally sculpted my armour around me, I'm 6'2". My existing Boba mannequin is around 6'1" and it fits fine.

DAZ

Jc27 said: View Post
    Before you decide to buy armor, do some research to make sure you buy some that will fit you. BM armor is on the smaller side so if you are 6' or more don't bother with it because it will be too small. FP stuff fits taller people, but like others have said, he is very busy so be patient. As a newer member I would recommend doing a lot of research before commiting to buy anything. Many people (myself included) have been burned by quick purchases. Be patient and you will be fine.

From
    Ohio

I'm 5'10 1/2. 160 pounds. Boba Makers armor fits me perfectly. I can vouch for the quality of DAZ (Boba Makers) armor/paint job. Mine is over 6 years old and still looks great. If ya don't believe me, you can ask the guy standing beside me. LOL

From
    Pennsylvania

I am not saying that Daz's stuff isn't good, it just didn't fit me correctly. I'm 6'4" and around 240 and it looked small on me.

I am 5'6" and Bobamaker fits me perfect
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

Jc27 said: View Post
    I am not saying that Daz's stuff isn't good, it just didn't fit me correctly. I'm 6'4" and around 240 and it looked small on me.
    I can see that, Jc. Most Boba replica stuff is actually significantly larger than the screen used stuff in order to average out for costumer size. You're a bit of an outlier as a Boba Fett costumer. This rule, of course, does not apply to things the the GMH or other props that are sourced to ILM props or sized accordingly.

From
    Dunnellon, FL

Yeah, definitely do a buttload of research when it comes to getting ANYTHING in your building process. I made a few erroneous purchases that were a waste of my time, and I wish I would have known better or I wouldn't have bought it. So definitely be careful and make sure you are getting what you want and need.

And JodoKast, sucks that it took so long to get a reply from Jeff (Wickedbeard). I asked for information and got it the next day, had my armor in work from him the past month.

From
    Orange County CA

Dude you should be a Vader if your 6''4