Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price.Subscribe
    Oct 8, 2015, 5:20 AM - Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #1

Hey troopers!

I'm trying to find some screen accurate boots that wont burn a hole in my wallet, I'm from Australia so I may not be able to find certain things people might send me. But if they are available in store I can also work something out via paypal, at the moment I have a boot in choice but I feel like they don't just hit the mark.
    Does anyone know the specific specs to the movie Fett? What kind of military boots were they.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. Oct 8, 2015, 5:46 AM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #2

Man of war studios in the for sale section....best boots you can get and so well made,

there are folks making the boots them self using boot shoes from a regualr shoeshop or on ebay etc ones with the elasticated sides and relying on the toe spike frame to make up the front of the boot to look more accurate in terms of its wedged shape, then its a case of gluing the piping on the boot its self....there is a few methods..... but I would invest in MOW and get them things they are sweet,

depending on what the exchange rate comes out as for the aus doller to the us doller you may get them for cheep...I think they are something like 250us $ that worked out at Ģ150 for me....
    Oct 8, 2015, 7:32 AM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #3

That may break the bank for me, I'm aiming for around 150 AUS for my boots, has anyone thrown up a good tutorial? I follow TK409 a lot but I feel like his build for his boots are lacking.
    Oct 8, 2015, 7:51 AM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #4

You could try to contact Landher. I got my boots from him, made to your size. Top quality! Fantastic price, but shipped from Mexico with some waiting time. He hasnīt been around here in the last time. You better contact him at facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Landher.shoemaker?fref=ts
    You can see his work here: https://www.facebook.com/Landher.sho...4805390&type=3
    Or here: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/m...46/index4.html
    Oct 8, 2015, 9:14 AM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #5

Quote ObitomoFett said: View Post
    That may break the bank for me, I'm aiming for around 150 AUS for my boots, has anyone thrown up a good tutorial? I follow TK409 a lot but I feel like his build for his boots are lacking.
    Although this is for the original CA boots, it's a good write up for boot weathering, if that's what you're after:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/c...thering-13136/
    Oct 8, 2015, 12:32 PM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #6

Boba Fett boots were not an off the shelf item. They were special made for the movie. There is a picture of the receipt floating around somewhere that shows they were special made by a shoe company in London. So there is no found item that you can start with and alter it to screen accurate. There are some that you can make to the point of good enough, but that wasn't what you asked for in the first post.

I think you may be asking for an impossible. That is "screen accurate" and "low cost". Those two thing rarely go together unless you are able to fabricate it yourself. I would recommend the MOW boots. If you are trying to save money then I would look for a used pair and try to pick them up at a discount.

Good luck, I know getting things down under seems to be an issue.
    Oct 8, 2015, 3:47 PM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #7

Hey mate, I'm in Australia too and I went with Man of War boots. I figured that as I'd potentially be trooping in them for hours at a time, comfort was a big factor so I felt it was worth spending a bit more on really comfy boots, which MOW boots certainly are. You'll be able to save money elsewhere. As anyone in the military will verify, you have to look after your feet.
    Oct 8, 2015, 6:13 PM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #8

Hey all thanks for your contribution. Well by cheap I mean nothing exceeding a heavy amount, like 300 AUD is something I want to stray from.

200 isn't so bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Notlewis said: View Post
    You could try to contact Landher. I got my boots from him, made to your size. Top quality! Fantastic price, but shipped from Mexico with some waiting time. He hasnīt been around here in the last time. You better contact him at facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Landher.shoemaker?fref=ts
    You can see his work here: https://www.facebook.com/Landher.sho...4805390&type=3
    Or here: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/m...46/index4.html
    Does he still make them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Mullreel said: View Post
    Boba Fett boots were not an off the shelf item. They were special made for the movie. There is a picture of the receipt floating around somewhere that shows they were special made by a shoe company in London. So there is no found item that you can start with and alter it to screen accurate. There are some that you can make to the point of good enough, but that wasn't what you asked for in the first post.

I think you may be asking for an impossible. That is "screen accurate" and "low cost". Those two thing rarely go together unless you are able to fabricate it yourself. I would recommend the MOW boots. If you are trying to save money then I would look for a used pair and try to pick them up at a discount.

Good luck, I know getting things down under seems to be an issue.
    Do you know where I could look for second hand boots?
    Or is eBay the only goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Oberon said: View Post
    Hey mate, I'm in Australia too and I went with Man of War boots. I figured that as I'd potentially be trooping in them for hours at a time, comfort was a big factor so I felt it was worth spending a bit more on really comfy boots, which MOW boots certainly are. You'll be able to save money elsewhere. As anyone in the military will verify, you have to look after your feet.
    When I searched him up I couldn't find any boots to look at, so I wasn't able to really have a proper look.
  10. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Oct 8, 2015, 9:14 PM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #9

Oct 9, 2015, 12:07 AM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #10

You can search the Cargo Hold here on the site. Now due to your post count and your newness you can not post, but you could PM the seller if you find a set listed in the Cargo Hold.
    Oct 9, 2015, 1:36 AM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #11

Hey all thanks for your contribution. Well by cheap I mean nothing exceeding a heavy amount, like 300 AUD is something I want to stray from.

200 isn't so bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Does he still make them?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know where I could look for second hand boots?
    Or is eBay the only goal.

- - - Updated - - -

When I searched him up I couldn't find any boots to look at, so I wasn't able to really have a proper look.
    Yes, Landher (Aaron) still makes them.
    Oct 9, 2015, 4:08 AM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #12

Yes, Landher (Aaron) still makes them.
    Is his Dented Helmet name Landher? I'll search him up
    Oct 9, 2015, 9:01 AM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #13

Is his Dented Helmet name Landher? I'll search him up
    Yes, thatīs his TDH name, but he hasnīt been online here for a while. But you can contact him at facebook, like I did. He is really fast in responding.
    Oct 9, 2015, 9:57 AM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #14

"propjobs" on ebay makes good and cheap boots, very similar to MOW but if you are European you can save money in shipping and custom
    Oct 9, 2015, 10:47 PM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #15

Yes, thatīs his TDH name, but he hasnīt been online here for a while. But you can contact him at facebook, like I did. He is really fast in responding.
    Same for Facebook?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote emme3 said: View Post
    "propjobs" on ebay makes good and cheap boots, very similar to MOW but if you are European you can save money in shipping and custom
    I'll give them a look thanks
  17. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Oct 9, 2015, 11:32 PM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #16

I'm also new to TDH so I can't post in the Cargo Hold area. Can anyone PM me info on how to purchase MOW ROTJ Fett boots and MOW ESB Fett boots? I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Jess
    Oct 10, 2015, 3:16 AM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #17

On the Ebay link for his boots he gives instructions for how to contact him. You do so by email and then he lets you know the rest of the steps. Christian is super easy to deal with and delivers what he promises.
    Oct 10, 2015, 6:27 AM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #18

[QUOTE=ObitomoFett;669272]Same for Facebook?

Take a look: https://www.facebook.com/Landher.shoemaker?fref=ts
    Oct 12, 2015, 1:26 AM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #19

Hey all! I found some Champion Attitude boots of their website, are they American/do they ship internationally?

Champion Attitude Boot Company Boba Fett Ankle Boots Cowboy Boots to Wear, Cowboy Boots to Admire.
    Oct 12, 2015, 9:35 AM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #20

website says Mexico as far as where.........just send them a email and ask about shipping.
    Oct 13, 2015, 4:12 PM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #21

Unfortunately, in this hobby, you only get to pick two:

CHEAP
    FAST
    ACCURATE

Good luck in your search.
  23. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Oct 13, 2015, 5:13 PM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #22

Quote bzb said: View Post
    Unfortunately, in this hobby, you only get to pick two:

CHEAP
    FAST
    ACCURATE

Good luck in your search.
    I disagree....you don't get cheap and accurate....you don't typically get fast and accurate...but if its cheap and fast its unlikely accurate. Unless you get lucky and find something at a yard sale like an MQ1 or other found part, items that are budget friendly aren't very accurate.

Best advice is save for the good stuff, or compromise and buy the next best thing or used item. I say don't skimp on them as theyre very visible, and can make a good suit great or a good suit mediocre.
    Oct 13, 2015, 10:36 PM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #23

Haha, well, the idea is that you can't have your cake and eat it too. You only get to pick two in this (or any other) hobby:

CHEAP + FAST = more than likely not accurate (substitute "good") - I make a lot of these parts

CHEAP + ACCURATE/GOOD = handmade, found items, or a solid seller with a long list... any of the three takes a long time

FAST + ACCURATE/GOOD = ain't gonna be cheap. Either you're paying someone a lot to rush job (etsy) or you've found someone's that's already finished (here)

Another fast + accurate is in regards to paint jobs. I know quite a few folks that are fabulous artists, but they don't make the parts. For example, I got Darth Stone's Vader bucket, but unfinished, because he takes a really long time. I got my Vader helmet painted at a body shop that specializes in custom cars. Gave them paint codes, schematics, and a fistful of dollars, and I got handed a beautiful bucket.

I personally don't know anywhere to get cheap, accurate parts with a quickness. Definitely not boots.

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    I disagree....you don't get cheap and accurate....you don't typically get fast and accurate...but if its cheap and fast its unlikely accurate. Unless you get lucky and find something at a yard sale like an MQ1 or other found part, items that are budget friendly aren't very accurate.

Best advice is save for the good stuff, or compromise and buy the next best thing or used item. I say don't skimp on them as theyre very visible, and can make a good suit great or a good suit mediocre.
    Oct 16, 2015, 2:35 AM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #24

Well I'm not funny about cheap, but $200 Australian is all I'd be aiming for. (which is like $150-160 American).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Mullreel said: View Post
    website says Mexico as far as where.........just send them a email and ask about shipping.
    Alright I'll just do that, it says champion attitude so I'd assume.
    Oct 16, 2015, 4:17 AM - Re: Looking for the perfect boots, at a reasonable price. #25

Well I'm not funny about cheap, but $200 Australian is all I'd be aiming for. (which is like $150-160 American).

- - - Updated - - -

Alright I'll just do that, it says champion attitude so I'd assume.
    bobanwb-jpg

I wouldnīt buy these ones, your title says "looking for the perfect boots..."... They donīt look right. If I would be you, Iīd save some more money and THEN buy from a really good maker around here. So you live in australian? Donīt forget the customs... they can get a little pricey (in germany itīs the case). But itīs your money.