Looking for an Armor recipe ROTJSubscribe
  1. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    4 Weeks Ago - Jun 24, 2016, 3:01 PM - Looking for an Armor recipe ROTJ #1

So I've seen plenty paint recipes for the lid but what about the armor are there any good ones?
    Im extremely hesitant as I live in a place where I cant go to a store that has a good selection of paint as they do in other locations (read as no roads in or out of town), to purchase random paints that look close. (standard screen calibration problem)
    so I hope you guys might have some thoughts.
    there's a local game shop here in town (magic, warhammer) and they have a decent selection of color but they are all the 1/2oz Bottles

- - - Updated - - -

I should not the store that has the mini bottles im still making a guestamate cause im looking at the paint thru the plastic bottle, and don't know if I can trust the printed color swatch on the shelf

- - - Updated - - -

going for 501 Certification on the paint job
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    4 Weeks Ago - Jun 24, 2016, 4:13 PM - Re: Looking for an Armor recipe ROTJ #2

Hey bp...

This Sticky is still alive and well...not sure where STG's pic's went though...

stormtrooperguy's rotj armor rattlecan colors

Quote bpwmd said: View Post
    So I've seen plenty paint recipes for the lid but what about the armor are there any good ones?
    Im extremely hesitant as I live in a place where I cant go to a store that has a good selection of paint as they do in other locations (read as no roads in or out of town), to purchase random paints that look close. (standard screen calibration problem)
    so I hope you guys might have some thoughts.
    there's a local game shop here in town (magic, warhammer) and they have a decent selection of color but they are all the 1/2oz Bottles

- - - Updated - - -

I should not the store that has the mini bottles im still making a guestamate cause im looking at the paint thru the plastic bottle, and don't know if I can trust the printed color swatch on the shelf

- - - Updated - - -

going for 501 Certification on the paint job
    4 Weeks Ago - Jun 24, 2016, 4:26 PM - Re: Looking for an Armor recipe ROTJ #3

You have internet access...........order the paint you need.
  5. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    4 Weeks Ago - Jun 24, 2016, 4:50 PM - Re: Looking for an Armor recipe ROTJ #4

yes but how do I make sure its the right color? not going to waste money on something I have to pay to ship back
  6. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    4 Weeks Ago - Jun 24, 2016, 4:56 PM - Re: Looking for an Armor recipe ROTJ #5

ahhh thanks I was in the mindset of stuff for an airbrush but this should do

Quote Level3Fett said: View Post
    Hey bp...

This Sticky is still alive and well...not sure where STG's pic's went though...

stormtrooperguy's rotj armor rattlecan colors
    4 Weeks Ago - Jun 25, 2016, 7:46 PM - Re: Looking for an Armor recipe ROTJ #6

This may help you as well. I kinda followed stormtrooperguy's color but varied them slightly. I used all Rustoleum spray cans for painting my entire ROTJ Boba Fett Here is where I listed the paints in my build thread:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/r...16/#post612316

And here is what I used for my jetpack:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/p...12/#post623512