Looking for 3d printable ROTJ armor and gauntlets.Subscribe
    2 Weeks Ago - Jan 21, 2016, 9:35 PM - Looking for 3d printable ROTJ armor and gauntlets. #1

So im planning on starting my ROTJ soon. My plan is to 3d print as many of the hard pieces as I can, however I cant seem to find any files for the armor or gauntlets. I checked RafalFetts 3d models and couldnt find them. Does anyone know where to find these?
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    2 Weeks Ago - Jan 22, 2016, 11:34 AM - Re: Looking for 3d printable ROTJ armor and gauntlets. #2

Quote KriegerSan said: View Post
    So im planning on starting my ROTJ soon. My plan is to 3d print as many of the hard pieces as I can, however I cant seem to find any files for the armor or gauntlets. I checked RafalFetts 3d models and couldnt find them. Does anyone know where to find these?
    There are no 3D models for the armor (from my knowledge). @toolguy301 has an awesome gauntlet model, but not sure if he has it for sale.
    2 Weeks Ago - Jan 23, 2016, 1:17 AM - Re: Looking for 3d printable ROTJ armor and gauntlets. #3

What would be your opinion on the easiest route to model ready to print armor pieces? Im extremely new to 3d modeling but so far im thinking either taking pepakura files into blender to smooth and solidify, or extruding 2d models.

On a side note im also looking for the scope greeblies for the ESB blaster (preferably printable). They kinda fell off during a trooping awhile back.
    2 Weeks Ago - Jan 23, 2016, 7:00 AM - Re: Looking for 3d printable ROTJ armor and gauntlets. #4

The problem to do a good 3D model of the armor is not the shape, but the curvature of the plates, which is pretty weird on the chest and abdominal plates, but less pronounced on the collar and back belt. Also you need a flexible material that will allow bending and stretching of the armor. Here is a great starting point for your DIY armor ==> http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/t...mor-pics-6290/.
    2 Weeks Ago - Jan 23, 2016, 7:34 AM - Re: Looking for 3d printable ROTJ armor and gauntlets. #5

Thank you so much for the suggestion. It really means a lot coming from someone like you. I have actually printed your Jetpack Rocket and thruster files for my ESB Jetpack. See there is one thing though. If there are no 3d printable armor. Than I think I want to be the first one to 3d print every single hard piece for the Boba Fett. Which means I get to learn a lot about 3d modeling. 3d printing has completely taken over almost every single hobby that I have. I want to build a Volcanus Max 40 printer just for the jetpack body.