Lightening S1 gloves

Lightening S1 gloves

Recieved my Slave 1 gloves the other day, and I love them. They are ESB style though, as he dyed them a little darker. How did you guys with his lighten the grey to ROTJ? He put in a note saying dampen them and sit them in a sunny window sill, problem is, it's winter, and it's not hot enough to do any good. Any Pro tips?

Account Deactivated

Re: Lightening S1 gloves

I litteraly drop mine in a solution of bleach and water. Used the sink and sat them in there for about 2 or 3 mins washed them off and let sit for a little bit and redid process until I got the right shade. Also rinse wiht hot water since that neutralizes bleach and will halt the process while you rinsing.

Lee

From
    NW of Chi-town

Do an ESB costume and you won't have any problems

Boba Phett wrote:

Do an ESB costume and you won't have any problems
    HA HA HA... I'm with him!

. Guys, I'm a little to far into the realm of ROTJ to turn back now. I've already taken the sarlacc survival course and everything!

From
    NW of Chi-town

Well if you are post-sarlacc you really should dip the gloves in acid then instead of bleach.

You could always leave them in the window of your car to fade while you are at work. Then you can put them on for the drive home.

That's what I would do, but it's winter and cold as hell in Ga. I think I'll leave em in a plastic bag outside for a long time as someone suggested.

Slave1

I suspect it's the sunlight, and not the heat that does the trick.

From
    Phenix City, AL

Well, like one of the threads regarding "those who've gone the Dickie's route for a Jumpsuit", I think I'm going the same way now, and this time for good! (Besides, I've been spendiong a lot of money just in "Dollar Store brand" bleach instead of the real deal!

Actually, I'm gonna try the same tactic I've been using for the Jumpsuit as well to see what happens.

Robert

From
    Phenix City, AL

Please guys...DO NOT USE BLEACH SOLUTION WITH THESE GLOVES!
    I just experimented with Slave1's gloves using bleach and water solution, just like the jumpsuit, and planned to leave it at least an hour and not 2 hours like I said before. It didn't passed not even 10 mins and the result was that they came out like a light TAN color. Once again...DO NOT USE BLEACH WITH THEM!!! I'd probably have to invest in another pair of these gloves for sure. Even though, they look now like the Pre-Prod version now, but a lighter version without the symbols in the forehands.

Robert

From
    Phenix City, AL

Well, I just bought a new pair of S1 gloves. It didn't make sense at all having tan gloves and not grey, unless I was making a custom Mandalore. I felt sad parting with those, but life goes on, and accuracy continues to possess me! :evil

Thanks guys for your support, and for sharing my pain (you know who you are), but I feel OK now, even though, I had to pay just a little extra over the whole situation.

Robert