Subscribe
    Jun 29, 2007, 5:08 PM - Just got my Gauntlets and I have a quick question #1

Hey all, I just got my ruffkin gauntlets today. (!) I had them fiberglassed on the inside, and I was wondering if I should take any special precautions when I clean them up, specifically the little shap pieces of the fiberglass that needs to be sanded down? I may also need to cut some of the gauntlet away to make it fit better.

Also, I'm noticing the right gauntlet seems rather big- is that normally the case?

thanks

Phil
    Jun 29, 2007, 8:17 PM - Re: Just got my Gauntlets and I have a quick question #2

Not sure about the cleanup part of your question, but I think the right gaunt is supposed to look "fatter" than the left.
    Jun 29, 2007, 11:55 PM - Re: Just got my Gauntlets and I have a quick question #3

as for the sharp bits... the only precaution i'd suggest is making sure to get rid of them all

my ruffkin set was like that... right one was HUGE on me. i just trimmed down the lower half a bit.
    Jun 30, 2007, 8:55 AM - Re: Just got my Gauntlets and I have a quick question #4

You can get rid of those spikey bits with either rough grit sandpaper, or a sanding drum on a dremel. Either way be sure to wear a dust mask.
    Jul 10, 2007, 3:37 PM - Re: Just got my Gauntlets and I have a quick question #5

Quote superjedi said: View Post
    Not sure about the cleanup part of your question, but I think the right gaunt is supposed to look "fatter" than the left.
    Hmm, I'd have to look at the other costumes, but I know that for PP2, both gauntlets are rather small, especially the right one if you look closely. But it doesn't matter. I got them 95% done and they look pretty good. I actually ended up using a different closure method for each one. The right gauntlet is all velcro while the left gauntlet it hinged with velcro. This was done because I found that the left gauntlets bottom was quite the right shape to fit with the upper. I'll post pics once they're done, I'm just waiting for my friend to fabricate the flamethrower ends.

Phil