Subscribe
  1. Oct 11, 2006, 6:00 PM - Jumpsuit Pattern? #1

hey troops,

I recently talked with my brother's partner. He says he wants to make the jumpsuit to custome fit him, which is fine. However, I have no idea where to find the patterns to send to him. Any help would be great!

Thanks to all who have helped with this project so far!! You guys are great!
    Oct 12, 2006, 12:44 AM - Re: Jumpsuit Pattern? #2

I really like the "black Butte jumpsuit" pattern by Green Pepper. Gotta really modify it though. It IS fairly easy to sew once you figure out you mods.
  3. Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Oct 12, 2006, 9:01 AM - Re: Jumpsuit Pattern? #3

I have this pattern, and will be starting on my jumpsuit this winter. What kind of mods did you make?
    Oct 12, 2006, 9:15 AM - Re: Jumpsuit Pattern? #4

I wouldn't use the 'Black Butte' pattern. The modifications include removing that extended shoulder.

I found a much easier pattern to work with: http://www.kwiksew.com

Their jumpsuit pattern is very simply, and only a few modifications need to be made. The pattern is available at Hancock's Fabrics, or you can order it online.
  5. Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Oct 12, 2006, 10:57 AM - Re: Jumpsuit Pattern? #5

Did you use pattern 3389? Men's Coveralls?
    Oct 12, 2006, 11:40 AM - Re: Jumpsuit Pattern? #6

That's the one!
    Oct 12, 2006, 12:47 PM - Re: Jumpsuit Pattern? #7

i've got one of those at home, and will hopefully make one soon. since the winter months up here in lovely new england are sort of rough on painting (either do it in the house, or not at all!), i plan to spend the time sewing. new boba suit, darth nihilus robes, and who knows what else.
    Oct 12, 2006, 12:48 PM - Re: Jumpsuit Pattern? #8

Quote Jango's kid said: View Post
    I really like the "black Butte jumpsuit" pattern by Green Pepper. Gotta really modify it though. It IS fairly easy to sew once you figure out you mods.
    That's the pattern my suit was made from.
    Oct 12, 2006, 3:01 PM - Re: Jumpsuit Pattern? #9

[quote=batninja;204274]I wouldn't use the 'Black Butte' pattern. The modifications include removing that extended shoulder.
    [quote]

????? You don't have to remove anything like that. The extended shoulders are a part of the pattern that you CAN add if you so desire. I just didn't add them in, so easy peasy there. Basically the mods you have to do are mods that I suppose every pattern would require, ie make the pockets, double sleeves etc. On the Black Butte pattern in paticular, I found that the sleeves and legs are way to baggy, so you gotta take them in quite a bit, but not to hard to do. That other pattern posted by Bat looks like it would be a really good one to though
    D
  10. Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Oct 12, 2006, 4:14 PM - Re: Jumpsuit Pattern? #10

I'm new to sewing. I'm actually making some pants right now for a pirate costume.

If the legs are baggy, how do you "take them in"? Do you basically rip the interior seam, and re-stitch the seam with a larger allowance? Basically?
    Oct 12, 2006, 4:32 PM - Re: Jumpsuit Pattern? #11

Quote kibosh said: View Post
    If the legs are baggy, how do you "take them in"? Do you basically rip the interior seam, and re-stitch the seam with a larger allowance? Basically?
    essentially, yes.

i've never had good luck in practice, but in theory it's that easy