JLuck's FP V.3 armor thread

From
    michigan

JLuck's FP V.3 armor thread

ok, what a way to start off the newyear

lots of great fett goodies came along the last quarter of 2007 WOW!
    hope everyone has a great new year! ya im gonna babble on for a min.
    i havent posted squat in a long time, and untill recently i havent been physically able to do alot as far as fett and other prop stuff (alot of u no the story so..)

neway, im not confident enough yet with the lack of a super steady hand to continue with my FPH, its ready for paint and that much detail is not something im ready for at this point. BUT for an update im doing somewhat better now. im atleast able to to work with my upperbody enought to build and all the prep to get these projects moving, unfortunatly i still have very liminted use of the lower half and i can only get around w/ a cane. (anyone make a palipitine cane BTW?? lol seriously)

so that beind said im able to start my V.3 armor thread. FP did an awesome job i have to say, you can never cease to amaze us chris! THANKYOU

i have all the parts except one roungh trimmed, and i have the shoulders and knees finish trimmed and ready to be primed up.

in case someone wanted to see how some ppl are trimming the knees and what size 'lip" was left, i took a few shots of each, so thats y so many pics.
    i went with a very small lip on the contours of the knees as sugested by FP. i did the same with the shoulder bells, i also put a bevel on the edge of all the parts so when sanded it would have that thicker "rounded" appearence.

more to come.............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hpim1282-jpg   hpim1290-jpg   hpim1289-jpg  

hpim1288-jpg   hpim1291-jpg   hpim1295-jpg  

hpim1293-jpg   hpim1292-jpg  

Re: JLuck's FP V.3 armor thread

Awesome trim job Scott, that's definitely the way to do it Oh, and your replacement part went out yesterday

Now, forgive me for my possible ignorance. But I'm not so sure that I have any idea what your talking about (your health)? What did I miss ?? You going to be ok? Please don't feel obligated to post it here, shoot me a PM or something. I just feel like a heal that I'm in the dark about something so major. Hope you're ok my brother !

FP

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Very nice job at trimming! I like the lip you have on the armour! I need to thin down my suit in some places, especially on the abdomen, it's about half an inch! Great job again, and good luck to you!

From
    Newport News, VA

Cool! Looks like you're off to a great start. Nice clean pieces to work with, eh?

I just have to ask. . . why is there a severed head in the background???

From
    michigan

fettpride said: View Post
    Awesome trim job Scott, that's definitely the way to do it Oh, and your replacement part went out yesterday

Now, forgive me for my possible ignorance. But I'm not so sure that I have any idea what your talking about (your health)? What did I miss ?? You going to be ok? Please don't feel obligated to post it here, shoot me a PM or something. I just feel like a heal that I'm in the dark about something so major. Hope you're ok my brother !

FP
    LOL. craig, opps chris heh heh, thanks for the part FP! appreciate that brother few months back i posted a thread bout it.. ill pm ya so i dont clutter this thread.
    ~shawn

superjedi said: View Post
    Cool! Looks like you're off to a great start. Nice clean pieces to work with, eh?

I just have to ask. . . why is there a severed head in the background???
    yes!! very clean......lovein it
    and its not a "severed" head necessarly, its a piece of another costume i started. my Predator 2 head.

thanks for the comments guys!! more to come over the weekend.

~shawn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hpim1297-jpg