I was going to wait till it was finished, but I've been too busy with work to get some paint to do the little white symbol. Here's my heavily modified MB pack. Some of you who have seen my pack in person may have noticed how much it's been through (attached a photo of it in action at ROTS). After assembling it in one night before going to a con in November 2003, I never got around to working on it again. Until now.
I basically took the whole thing apart, reglued the seams with CA rather than GOOP and smoothed with Bondo, actually took the time to WASH the resin pieces and sand them smooth before painting. The important thing of course is to take your time. Oh, and I have a new found love for 2-part epoxy putty.
One thing that bugged be about the MB kit was the top of the side tanks, they just never really lined up with the top caps, and didn't go up high enough. I cut them out, and replace them with some PVC pipe connector which was the same diameter as the caps. Also in one of the photos you can see the rectangle detail in the centre that is missing on the MB kit.
For the painting, painted the whole thing with Testors Chrome. I liquid masked the scratches, and for the green I used Panzer Olivegrun, same as the helmet. The yellow is UP Armour Yellow, like on the shoulders/knees, the red is some mix I made on the fly with some red and black. After, blackwashed it all, did some brown wash on some spots which are eveidently brown in photos, and then some minor black spots here and there.
Hope you guys like it, I'll get around to posting photos with the beacon and the white symbol once I have some time! I also need to made the thruster stripes a bit wider