Jetpack HarnessSubscribe
    Nov 2, 2015, 1:46 AM - Jetpack Harness #1

Hey guys!

I want to save a little money on a JP harness and I'm not fussed on movie accuracy, so I was wondering what the best harness I should go for?

Also if anyone has scratchbuilding one I'd love to see it!
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Nov 2, 2015, 7:21 AM - Re: Jetpack Harness #2

Backpacks or surplus army pack straps have been hacked up successfully before, and they can be found cheaply. I'd definitely suggest some kind of strap that connects in the front across your chest in addition to shoulder straps though to carry the weight.
    Nov 2, 2015, 7:47 AM - Re: Jetpack Harness #3

Quote WTFett said: View Post
    Backpacks or surplus army pack straps have been hacked up successfully before, and they can be found cheaply. I'd definitely suggest some kind of strap that connects in the front across your chest in addition to shoulder straps though to carry the weight.
    Has anyone done a scratchbuild?
    Would TK409'S guide be useful

TK409.com Do-It-Yourself Star Wars Props - BOBA FETT COSTUME PROP ARMOR TK-409

Refer to Jetpack Harness
    Nov 2, 2015, 8:13 AM - Re: Jetpack Harness #4

That guide would probably work. That's pretty similar to the general shape of the strapping for the metal frame harnesses. You might have to finagle some of the straps so they don't slide around but that design should work fine.
    Nov 2, 2015, 3:41 PM - Re: Jetpack Harness #5

I have one from Seeker that works pretty well. Here's a link to his Jango harness thread. But he does Boba as well, click on his flickr account to see pics. Very reasonable cost.

PM him for cost.
    Nov 2, 2015, 4:56 PM - Re: Jetpack Harness #6

That guide would probably work. That's pretty similar to the general shape of the strapping for the metal frame harnesses. You might have to finagle some of the straps so they don't slide around but that design should work fine.
    I was thinking of getting some seat belt webbing to try it out, but I'm not liking the Velcro bit. Wouldn't it come undone due to the weight?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote kevnaminute said: View Post
    I have one from Seeker that works pretty well. Here's a link to his Jango harness thread. But he does Boba as well, click on his flickr account to see pics. Very reasonable cost.

PM him for cost.
    Currently messaging Seeker
    Nov 3, 2015, 8:00 AM - Re: Jetpack Harness #7

Quote ObitomoFett said: View Post
    I was thinking of getting some seat belt webbing to try it out, but I'm not liking the Velcro bit. Wouldn't it come undone due to the weight?
    I think because the weight is pulling along the the velcro horizontally it would probably stay put if the contact area was long enough. Or you just sew the straps and eliminate the velcro. Once you have it set up you shouldn't need to adjust anything.
    Nov 3, 2015, 8:24 AM - Re: Jetpack Harness #8

I think because the weight is pulling along the the velcro horizontally it would probably stay put if the contact area was long enough. Or you just sew the straps and eliminate the velcro. Once you have it set up you shouldn't need to adjust anything.
    Is there a way to add padding in order to make the rig more comfortable?
    Nov 3, 2015, 9:12 AM - Re: Jetpack Harness #9

That's where I'd harvest some backpack straps.