Jet Pack harness question

From
    Near Cleveland, Ohio, USA

Jetpack harness question

Now I got my MLC verson 2 pack today and I was just having questions on how to do my hooking to the harness I wear. Now my original plan was to use these D-Clip hooks by just bolting them onto the pack. But, I did notice the 2 Rings inside the pack like they were meant to put straps on and just cut through the back of the pack to place them through...now I have the pack almost fully painted...LOL yeah already, I just need to figure out how the best way goes. I worry about drilling the holes in the pack and it not working right, but I would be cutting holes in it either way for the straps coming through the pack.
    :jet pack What should I do?

From
    Indiana

Re: Jetpack harness question

realisitcally your gonna want to wait until you have your hard armor done and jet pack harness made, if you don't already. Have a friend hold up the jet pack while your wearing the custume, position it where you want the jet pack, then mark where your harness clips come out of your backplate, that will determine where you will want to cut the "coin" slots in your jet pack. More then likely it will fall somewhere like here in the hatch cover of the jet pack:
    http://www.r2ro.com/images/arenajet pack021.JPG

kudo's to Seeker for the great pic

hope that helps

Just a reminder: Cut the slots above the rear JP door.....not on the door itself

Seriously, LionsPride is correct - you have to have your rear armor & body harness installed before you do any cutting. Plan it out first before the actual cutting.

Mardon (MLC)
    mlcallanta@yahoo.com

From
    Indiana

Hey while we're at it, does any one have a pic of what they did for attaching the bottom "Divers belt", I have an idea of how i'll probably do mine, but was wondering how everyone else was doing theirs. More coin slots ???

Ive searched the forum and have read countless JP harness threads, but no one has ever said how they hooked it that i've seen.

From

Yeah I have all the harness stuff done, I just meant for the end that's on the pack.

I saw a thread for the divers belts in the for sale area.

LionsPride said:
    Ive searched the forum and have read countless JP harness threads, but no one has ever said how they hooked it that i've seen.
    i just riveted the belt to the pack. nothing fancy, since no-one ever sees where it's attached.

my backplate has a notch in the bottom center, so i just lined the belt up with that and put a couple of pop rivets in with washers on the inside of the pack to keep them from pulling through.

From
    Indiana

Not a bad idea 7602

Here kinda what I was thinking on doing.....

I just threw this together quick like as a visual, nothing is attached, infact these are just button snap bridges that I had made for the snaps on my TK suit. The idea is that its a belt loop kinda deal where the strap will pass through. I'll epoxy em down/or rivet and paint em blue to match the pack, attach a full length of strapping and connect to the divers belt in front. realistically you could go with just 1 loop but 2 would deffinatly keep the jet pack in place.

From
    Indiana

Im curious too...does the belt actually connect to the jp or is the belt(buckle) used more for show? When I attached my jp to the harness, the two straps held the jp in place well. I have yet to troop with it, so I might be wrong with the thought of the belt not connecting. Any help out there?

From
    Indiana

Well, in the movie used suit the Divers belt was actually connected to the lower part of the suba frame that supported the JP.

As far as costuming goes, ive heard it go both ways with some just wearing the belt for looks, and some actually attaching it to the JP to keep it from swaying as your walking and or bending over.

From

And, this is my jet pack, just needs a spot or 2 of velcro for anti swaying lol!

From
    California, a few hours away from San Diego

Satxer said:

And, this is my jet pack, just needs a spot or 2 of velcro for anti swaying lol!
    nice jet pack!

ya, what lionspride said. i heard of it in a couple of threads (in fact, i think it's a sticky) while doing searches.

From
    Clarkston, Michigan

Check out my posts in this thread:
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=9157

The scuba buckle & belt is just attached to the harness for show, and does not connect to the JP. The JP is connected at the shoulders by two clips, which hold it in place nicley. It sways a little if I walk too fast, (like rushing from back stage at the symphony, to the changing room and back again, because you forgot your blaster! ) but as Boba, you are not supose to rush. Every move is calculated and smooth, so when I am in front of the public, the JP dose not move around at all.

Gator

From
    Indiana

Thanks gator, thats just what I thought.