Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jet Pack Draft Blueprints

Jetpack Draft Blueprints

[font=Times New Roman]!!UPDATED!![/font]

[font=Times New Roman]See post dated 3/28/05 for update.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Rocket Flat Pattern update 4/7/05, see the post below.[/font]

[font=Arial]As for the answer to the allusive size question here is my take. After pouring over the reference photos that I have based on a 6’ tall Boba the JP should be about 15” wide not including the thrusters, (the Don Post JP measures 19”). To satisfy my curiosity I also measured the Screaming’s small Boba Fett model (the scale is about 1/6.67th) and the OSC 1/6th scale action figure doll version, the Screaming model scales out to 14.5” and the OSC is running 16.5”. The one important fact to remember here is that the JP be correctly sized to the user. What works for someone 6’ tall will look huge on someone who is 5’6”. Any opinions?[/font]
    Last edited by wizardofflight; Apr 8, 2005 at 12:04 AM.

From
    Southern California

Re: Jetpack Draft Blueprints

Looks good, but the Jet Pack Activator has a Bevel on it,
    (the metal piece on the outside of the Round Thruster (The ball)).

Here's a pic of what I am talking about:

The bevel is really slight, but it's there.

Otherwise I think you did an Awesome Job!

Is that a CAD drawing?

[font=Times New Roman]Thank you! Wow, I missed that. This just the kind of stuff I needed, please keep it coming. When they are done I’ll be posting the final version.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]I use AutoCAD V14, I import pictures, in this case the one from the Star Wars Chronicles and use a reverse perspective type of process to get the orthographic views. It is then exported to a GIF file.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Alan[/font]

From
    Indiana

VERY VERY Nice! That's THE best rendering I've seen of the Jet Pack. Great work

From
    Kamino (also known as Seattle)

Nice work man!

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please
    send me the measurements.

From
    Niagara Falls, Ontario

Looking good mate keep it up and us posted!!

From
    Rochester,New york

very nice. and when i mean nice i mean nice. i would try to give some tips but im not the kind of person that remebers little details...actually only a few actually know the real deal and i'd bet they'd agree that the jet pack you have there is a very nice piece!

From
    Athens, Ga

Impresive! This might inspire me to make my own jet pack when I have the rest of my Fett Armor

Thank you, the enthusiasm has encouraged me to get back to work on this drawing. I'll be posting completely dimensioned drawings when they are complete.

Alan

From
    Southern California

Here is another item I noticed, the rocket exhaust vent is too small on your diagram:
    Do you see what I am referring to?

Thank you! Those changes have been made and I have started to add more detail. Should have an update in a few days.

Keep it coming.

Alan

From
    Amity

you should make this into templates so we can go off of them. they look great

[font=Times New Roman][font=Arial]That's the plan. I went and visited the Don Post Boba today to verify and take additional dimensions. It’s looking pretty good, I’ll have to make some adjustments and should have an update soon.[/font][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][font=Arial]Alan[/font][/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Here is the latest version of the JP blueprints. I created a CGI model of the JP and superimposed that over a number of reference photos in order to verify the proportions. From the CGI model I was able to make the appropriate correction to the blueprints.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]http://home.comcast.net/~wizardoffli...PackRB-sh1.gif[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman][/font]
    [font=Times New Roman]http://home.comcast.net/~wizardoffli...PackRB-sh2.gif[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]On a side note, the Don Post version cannot be used a reference for the actual Boba Fett JP. I explored that avenue and was amazed at how different they are and as a result I had to completely ignore all of the dimensions that I took of the DP Boba jet pack.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]As for the answer to the allusive size question here is my take. After pouring over the reference photos that I have based on a 6’ tall Boba the JP should be about 15” wide not including the thrusters, (the Don Post JP measures 19”). To satisfy my curiosity I also measured the Screaming’s small Boba Fett model (the scale is about 1/6.67th) and the OSC 1/6th scale action figure doll version, the Screaming model scales out to 14.5” and the OSC is running 16.5”. The one important fact to remember here is that the JP be correctly sized to the user. What works for someone 6’ tall will look huge on someone who is 5’6”. Any opinions?[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]The templates will be following shortly as well as a conversion chart so that the blueprints can to scaled to match the stature of each individual. They are currently drawn to match a standard 6 foot tall male. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Please take a look and see if I captured all of the details correctly and let me know what you think. I am also looking for any suggestions that you all might have that would make the blueprints and templates easier to use.[/font]

Last edited by wizardofflight; Mar 28, 2005 at 1:55 PM.

From
    Indiana

The pic doesn't work, just a red x

From
    Hitchins, KY (Don't feel bad...no one else has heard of it either...)

Rednave said:
    The pic doesn't work, just a red x
    I had the same problem. Right click the link, chose Save Target As, and save it to your computer. Then you can open it.

wizardofflight said:
    Any opinions?
    Wow. Does that count as an opinion?

I have fixed the links above. Had to break it down into two sheets as the original image was just too large for the browser to handle. Both images are under 300K.

Thanks,

Alan

[font=Arial]Here are the rough draft of the flat patterns for the Rocket.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman][font=Arial]http://home.comcast.net/~wizardoffli...tern_rev_A.gif[/font][/font]
    [font=Arial]Alan[/font]
    Last edited by wizardofflight; May 3, 2005 at 12:13 AM.

From
    Southern California

Those are really nice!! I plan on using a very large lathe to do the Rocket,
    but if it doesn't work that might be really helpful.

wizardofflight said:
    [font=Arial]Here are the rough draft of the flat patterns for the Rocket.[/font]

[font=Arial]http://home.comcast.net/~wizardofflight/Rocket_Flat_Pattern.gif[/font]

[font=Arial]Alan[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Thank you. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Since I just got a metal lathe I had considered turning the rocket out of plastic, urethane foam or RenShape, but I want to try to keep the weight down as much as possible. Some of the pieces will still need to be machined. The notched base plate for one, I know I don’t have the patience to fold and glue 18 plastic notches in place. I was figuring on using the template as a cutting guide, once the basic piece is turned, the template can be glued down on to the cone and then the cutting would begin. The same goes for the section with the ring of holes, this should hopefully save a lot of layout time. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Has anyone ever tried to make a hollow fiberglass rocket?[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]I have most of the major JP components flattened out and will post an update in the next couple of days. Also should have the Arena JP flat patterns done soon as well, they will be posted on the Jango page thread. Most of the basic parts are interchangeable, the biggest difference is in the fuel tank covers. But, first I have a couple sets of custom armor templates to get out.[/font]

From
    Amity

well before you go any further. I printed out your BP's and some things dont line up. #3 is a example. the main(biggest) piece is too small when going round the big circle. I sudgest you redo your messurments

[font=Arial]Thank you for the catch, my dyslexia must have kicked in. I have rechecked the dimensions. They should be ok now and I have revised the drawing above.[/font]
    [font=Arial][/font]
    [font=Arial]Alan[/font]

can I bug you enough to get a grid over the blueprints so I can get measurements?

[font=Arial]Not a problem, what size do you need? In my research it looks like the original JP was 14.5" to 15" wide, but in order to fit me the JP needs to be about 17.5” to 18". The key in sizing the JP is the shoulder width. Using a shirt or a suit jacket that fits well and a yard stick, have someone measure the width of your shoulders (sleeve seam to sleeve seam) and then subtract ½ inch and let me know the results.[/font]

[font=Arial]One thing to remember when trying to size costume parts is that you can't just use height as a guide, for example I'm 5' 11", but my torso dimensions are equal to that of a 6’ 3” person, short leg syndrome. According to the standard anthropomorphic charts, my torso height puts me in 95% range, while my overall height of 5’ 11” is only in the 80% range. Let me tell you it is extremely difficult to nearly impossible to find a set of coveralls that fit, they all end up looking like circus tents. I’m now planning on going the two piece route, since I’ll need two sets anyway for the sleeves and the pouches.[/font]

[font=Arial]Everyone is different as such there is no such thing as a ‘standard person’. I have done a few sets of custom templates for us hard to fit folks and Jango’s armor is by far the most difficult to fit, as each piece needs to be fitted to match its specific part of the body, not only in height, but in width as well. The important thing to remember is balancing the proportions. [/font]

[font=Arial]Alan[/font]

[font=Arial]wizardofflight@comcast,net[/font]