Hey everybody. I've been working on a new cape the past couple of days, & changed a few things. I basically used MaxPlauge's tutorial, (thanx Max.) My old cape wasn't too bad, but I thought I could improve it. The old one is flannel & I couldn't get the ratty frayed look with that, so the new one is 100% cotton, which turned out better I think. I also narrowed the stripe a bit, and lightened the color some, Orange instead of red. I tried dying the stripe w/ rit & the spraybottle technique, but the stripe nearly disapeared after washing. I used light coats of spraypaint instead.I haven't decided if I will add one more coat to darken the stripe a bit & define the edges more. please let me know what you guys think, & thanx for lookin. Thanx for hostin Secol.
Heres my old cape
and heres the new one