Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
    May 7, 2008, 10:03 AM - Re: Interet thread and suggestions, STUNT ROTJ Blaster #51

I have a Hot Shot blaster and I love it! Hot Shot put me down for a ROTJ version!!

Levi
    May 12, 2008, 7:40 PM - Re: Interet thread and suggestions, STUNT ROTJ Blaster #52

I am interested in one as well!! Can you put me on the interest list!!
    May 14, 2008, 11:55 AM - Re: Interet thread and suggestions, STUNT ROTJ Blaster #53

Thanks again for everyone stivking around on this while I play catchup on other projects. I've got a (bad) pic below, but you can see that she's almost there. I'll be done by the weekend, and redy to start the real thread up on Monday. I'm very pleased with this so far, and am glad you guys are sticking around.
    The final price has been set at 120 for a finished blaster. An initial preorder (order now if you want**shrugs**) of 5 will get us of and running, and the first run will be capped at 15. We'll add more as needed, and as I get the items shipped off.
    Thanks again guys!

May 14, 2008, 12:05 PM - Re: Interet thread and suggestions, STUNT ROTJ Blaster #54

I noticed it doesn't have a trigger or a scope. I am assuming that the final one will come with a trigger and a scope? also would the $120 include shipping? If it comes with a scope and trigger, put me down for your first run ROTJ blaster!!!!
    May 14, 2008, 12:37 PM - Re: Interet thread and suggestions, STUNT ROTJ Blaster #55

Ha! Love your signature!!
    Yea, I'm doing the scope as we speak, an the trigger willbe one of the last detailpeices to go on. I'll have to do the shipping math for domestic and international, and see what kinda deal i can get on boxes for that final price. We're still going to be well within the 120-150 range. I'll update on that asap.
    Thanks!
    May 14, 2008, 2:13 PM - Re: Interet thread and suggestions, STUNT ROTJ Blaster #56

Hiya Hotshot,

Interested in the ROTJ - obviously pending pix of the finished article!!
    Great work so far!

Quick Q: The rear upper part of the stock (top left in this pic) seems a bit high to me:

In comparison to, say, the MR blaster:

Where the top edge of the stock looks 'flatter'. What do you think?

Due to the materials you use in the creation of the blaster, could someone customise the shape of the stock if they wanted to?

Hope I don't offend with my questions, just trying to lend a hand in the accuracy department!! :thumbup
    May 14, 2008, 2:34 PM - Re: Interet thread and suggestions, STUNT ROTJ Blaster #57

No biggie! Glad you like!
    I'm using shots of the real blaster from the Visual Dictionary, and photos of the real thing from museum displays ontop of any other eference i can get my paint cover hands on.
    The blueprints are a huge help too. In everything, the stocks got that wierd warp.
    Personally, I'm not putting any stock into the MR bleaster. They really dropped the ball on it. I've been messing with that durn stock since I started, and so far, it's looking okay, but I may shave it down a bit.

The main body has a core of PVC pipe, and is sculpted up in Apoxie sculpt. The barrel fins are made from plastic, but are actually scuplted to look more like the t-track than plastic. It was fun to give the track little warps here and there to mimic how that stuff settles. I used my sabers as a reference. I've got a really nice Luke ANH.

The stock is foam core, with Apoxie scuplt skin. Even though apoxie sculpt is a bit of an overkill, I want this thing to survive the molding for the ESB build.

Thansk for the feedback! Anyone see anything else?
    Thanks!
    May 15, 2008, 8:15 AM - Re: Interet thread and suggestions, STUNT ROTJ Blaster #58

Looking forward to pix with the scope, trigger and greeblies!!!
    May 15, 2008, 2:29 PM - Re: Interet thread and suggestions, STUNT ROTJ Blaster #59

I am as well. been watchin this one for a while. can't wait.
  10. May 16, 2008, 1:09 AM - Re: Interet thread and suggestions, STUNT ROTJ Blaster #60

Looks nice so far. Set me on your list!
  11. Member Since
    Jun 2007
    May 16, 2008, 5:11 AM - Re: Interet thread and suggestions, STUNT ROTJ Blaster #61

put me on your list also!
    May 16, 2008, 10:15 AM - Re: Interet thread and suggestions, STUNT ROTJ Blaster #62

Hey longshot!!! Nice to see you over here!

**IN best dark Helmet voice*** "How many BIker Scouts we got here anyhow???!!!??"
    May 17, 2008, 8:32 PM - Re: Interet thread and suggestions, STUNT ROTJ Blaster #63

I'm starting to get this thing finished (finally), and thought it'd be fun to take a few pics to show you the progress. I'm working on the main bady's final issues tonight, and finishing the scope tommorow, and then Monday will be the day! I'm very happy with the final results, and it has a great, screen used feel to it, with littel dings and scrapes here and there. Once a weathered paint job is applied, this thing will be immaculate!! I've also got tiny details on it that I saw in pics, like the leftover flash on teh bomb rack greeble, wraps in the t-track, a deep recess in the front of the barrel, and super nice engraved details on the stock greeblies.

I'm really looking forward to hanging this on the wall, let alone playing with it!! I should also note, that the casting line on this will be a hidden one, similar to the scout blasters I did. So it will have more of a accurate look, with little to no seam running down the center. I should alos note, that down teh road, a much cleaner resin version MAY become available, depending on who's selling what at the time. I don't know 'bout you, but I'd rather step in dog poo than on someone's toes.

These are just small detail shots of parts of the gun that are ready-almost ready, so enjoy!

Oh, and I did slim down the top of the stock. Thanks Darth Paul for noticing it. Enjoy guys! Looks like this is gonna be fun!!
    May 17, 2008, 11:08 PM - Re: Interet thread and suggestions, STUNT ROTJ Blaster #64

Oh yeah put me down for your first run for sure!!!!!! That is amazing can't wait!:thumbup I know I've posted already about getting one but after looking at those picstures...I now have to clean up the drool. Thanks and again GREAT work!
    May 19, 2008, 12:45 AM - Re: Interet thread and suggestions, STUNT ROTJ Blaster #65

Thanks IrishFett! So happy you like it!! Can't wait to get it into some silicone and do a painted one!!
  16. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    May 19, 2008, 11:16 AM - Re: Interet thread and suggestions, STUNT ROTJ Blaster #66

Very, very interested in an ESB.
    May 19, 2008, 9:39 PM - Re: Interet thread and suggestions, STUNT ROTJ Blaster #67

Jun 7, 2008, 7:36 PM - Re: Interet thread and suggestions, STUNT ROTJ Blaster #68

Hotshot said: View Post
    Oh, and I did slim down the top of the stock. Thanks Darth Paul for noticing it.
    Yay I helped someone make something!!!
    Does that entitle me to a discount!!!??
    (Joke!)

Seriously though, more than happy to help Hotshot!!