Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Interest: Girth belts!!! (CLOSED until 2nd run is completed)

From
    Pocatello, Idaho

Re: Interest: Girth belts!!!

Also, I need a couple of you guys help, if you will. I think I've got the brown sussed out. But I would like if at least a couple of you ESB blokes could stop by your local Lowe's and take a look at the Minwax water based stain samples. The color I'm thinking will work is called "Dutch Chocolate". I want these to be as perfect as possible for you guys and I could use some feedback.

From
    Joplin, MO

good thoughts dsonik! Well, I figured people would already have the pliers, I think what most ppl would need to make things easier would be the grommets and nylon. I don't know, it was a thought. Either way I'm probably down to get a plain belt through you if you can get the bulk order I'll keep watching this thread for sure I wonder what the ppl at horseloverZ think.. did you happen to tell them what this was for? Lmao

From
    Pocatello, Idaho

Yep, I did. The initial reaction was a looooooong pause. lol

From
    Joplin, MO

HAHA! Yeah... at work I have 3 friends that I keep updated on as far as what I've been learning how to do/make for my costume ect ect. I hate when ppl over hear us and ask what I am talking about... Then I have to explain what it is that I am doing and they just kinda look at me.. lol As out-there as it sounds I am developing a working grappling hook for a gaunt. A guy over heard us talking about it and asked what I was making. I phased out the Fett part and simply said "im making a grappling gun" This guy would be the type to give anyone a hard time, but to my suprize he thought it was a cool idea and had additional insight on how it could be done. It started with a projectile idea, fallowed by finding the right kind of chord. Then someone opened there mouth about how I should get a winch... yadda yadda maybe one day I'll have something to show you guys. Back on subject.. go belts!

From
    The Netherlands

Couple of pictures, i do not own these pictures. Two pictures are courtesy of Alex Alva and Jason Miller

Here's some detail pictures from "Jeremy's Suit" and the real ESB one.
    There is definatly some "Red" colour in it, which in my opinion looks much better then a full brown girth. However these girths are weatherd as you can see, making them look darker in these pictures.
    It isn't really that different then the ROTJ girth, only that that one has a much "Bloodier" colour red.

ESB shot:

TDH Jeremy suit:

Dsonik1,

Iam still interessed in your girths, just wanna help you out trying to unlock the secret of the girth belt... (Maybe a new movie huh?)

Anyway, the "Dutch Chocolate" colour you reffered to, do you have any picture of it for reference? It would be nice to see what colours we come up with.

From
    Pocatello, Idaho

Odd, it essentially looks like my ROTJ girth. You have to go to Lowe's to look at the color.

From
    Pocatello, Idaho

Still missing sizes for some of you guys...

From
    Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada

Just a note, I'm interested, but not definately in, as some real life stuff has come up, so if you do an "I'm in" thread with a solid price on dying and shipping, I'll know for sure by then. I just want to make sure I don't go over-extending myself and let you down or mess stuff up for the project or anything.
    Thanks for taking the time for this. I have a girth, but the coloring dint work as planned. It's fine, but it IS rubbing off, which is very not cool and out here I simply can't find the stain needed, so I hope I can get in on this. lol

Does it shrink at all during the process? If so that would be a GREAT thing. I prefer to have it smaller and have the nylon straps do the job than have the problem I have now of it actually being too BIG. LOL

Ok, I'm done rambling. LOL

J

From
    Pocatello, Idaho

No prob DP. If it does shrink, its not noticeable. lol If you have a size 30 waist (as do I), the size 34 girth will leave you with about 4 to 5 inches of spacing between the buckles when it's on, which is about perfect.

Still interested... I see you have me listed as "40?" up above... I wear a 38 jean size but if you need to bump it to 40 to make it look/fit right no worries.
    Just curious, when do you think you'll start needing PP sent on these?
    Thanks again for offering this!

From
    Pocatello, Idaho

Not sure, yet. Wont know anything until I find out if horseloverZ is going to lower the prices on the belts. If not, the only thing I'll be saving on is the shipping, and prolly not by a whole lot. Once I can give you guys a concrete price and we get a solid on whether the brown stain I'm lookin at is right, I'll start taking payment from you guys.

To give you an idea on how girth sizing works.... I wear a size 30-31 pants waist, but I wear a size 34 girth and it still leaves me about 4-5 inches of space between the buckles.

BTW - List updated.

From
    LR,Arkansas

I can vouch for sonik here is a stand up guy his girth belt project should turn out great!

From
    Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada

dsonik1 said: View Post
    No prob DP. If it does shrink, its not noticeable. lol If you have a size 30 waist (as do I), the size 34 girth will leave you with about 4 to 5 inches of spacing between the buckles when it's on, which is about perfect.
    Very awsome! Thanks alot, man. I appreciate the info and taking the task.
    Once you find out, be sure and let me know the shipping cost to Abbotsford, BC, Canada and I'll be able to let you know for sure 100%.

J

From
    Pocatello, Idaho

Thanks a ton, Woody.

I picked up the nylon strapping, today. Still sussing out the eyelets. And my seamstress will be charging me around $6 per pair, to sew the straps in the way I want them sewn. Hopefully Monday I'll have my straps sewn, get the holes punched and burnt, eyelets in, and some finished pics up for you guys.

From
    Pocatello, Idaho

List updated.....

Thanks, DAZ!

From
    Pocatello, Idaho

Hope to have a solid price for you guys up by tonight. And it's gonna make you all very, very happy. (especially you boyos across the pond/border) .....

(hint: It's actually less than it's gonna cost me to do mine, by myself.)

please add me to the list for an ESB. waist is 32"

From
    Pocatello, Idaho

Is that your waist in pants size?

From
    North Carolina

I'm interested. When is the deadline by?

From
    Pocatello, Idaho

Tryin for Friday.

From
    North Carolina

Alright put me down for a 32" ROTJ completed girth. Daz will just have to wait for his ankle spat payment LOL!

From
    North Carolina

Shall I PM you my shipping info? also, i need your paypal screen name. thx.

From
    Pocatello, Idaho

Cool, smallest available is size 34 (they measure 32 inches from buckle end to buckle end). If you have a 30 - 32 inch waist in pants, a 34 girth is what you need. If not, lemme know you're pants size.

From
    North Carolina

Yeah, I'm a 32 inch in pants. Put me down for 34's then. Looking forward to em'!

Account Deactivated

hey guys, for those of you doing ESB belts, i went by Lowe's this morning, and spoke with Sonik while there, and i really feel that the Antique Red is the color to go with for ESB...the Dutch Chocolate is just to brown...i honestly believe that there is a hint of red in these belts, and the Antique Red looks spot on...if anyone would be interested in going to Lowe's to see for yourself, make sure to look at the WATER BASED STAIN, in MinWax brand, and look at the Antique Red piece of wood there...thanks!
    Last edited by FettDad; Dec 28, 2009 at 2:39 PM.