Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Dec 23, 2009, 10:48 AM - Interest: Girth belts!!! (CLOSED until 2nd run is completed) #1

Okay gents, decided I'd start an interest thread. This is a two part thread, so please read the whole thing.

(1). Spoke with HorseloverZ.com today in regards to doing a bulk order on Centaur real mohair girth belts to bring the price down (standard price is $17.10 + shipping). They need to know the minimum I'd be ordering before they can insure a lower cost. So the first part of this interest thread involves getting your first girth (or a spare) at a reduced cost. I expect no commitment until I get a price for you guys and gals.

(2). The second part of this is ,that once I have a price on the girths, I will also be offering the option of ordering these as "pret a porte'" or "ready to wear" girths. These will be stained (ROTJ, ESB, or custom colors), stripped of the buckle tongues on one side, and nylon straps w/ tongue grommets attached.

I'm not looking to make a living off of these, just trying to offer a hassle free girth option for people who want a "done" belt.

*be sure to include what size and color (natural/white or brown) you'd need. And also, whether you want a "done" girth and whether you would want it ROTJ, ESB, or custom.

Belts cost set @ $70.00 + shipping....

*Shipping prices in USD:

single belt orders:
    US : $5.00
    Canada/Mexico : $11.00
    All other countries : $13.00

2 to 5 belts:
    US : $11.00
    Canada/Mexico : $26.00
    All other countries : $43.00

My paypal addy is:
    dsonik1@hotmail.com

(Please make sure you include your TDH screen name, full name, address, and that it is for either a ESB or ROTJ girth belt. If you are ESB, payment is an acceptance acknowledgment for the color in the Olympic Stains link as the proper color.)

If you need to call for any reason, feel free... 727-226-2689

The link to the actual girth is:
    http://www.horseloverz.com/Centaur-N...pr-179174.html

And here's a pic of my Centaur girth dyed ROTJ:

FIRST RUN
    1. daric larone (ROTJ size 40?) PAID (shipped)
    2. PEEL1965 (ROTJ size 38) PAID (shipped)
    3. fil5117 (ESB size 38 no eyelets) PAID (shipped)
    4. DP74 (ROTJ size 34) PAID (shipped)
    5. jedi.paramedic (ESB size 40) PAID (shipped)
    6. TJDFett (ROTJ size 34) PAID (shipped)
    7. Fettdad (ESB belt size 38) C (shipped)
    8. bobamaker (3 belts no eyelets 2 ROTJ / 1 ESB size 40) PAID (shipped)
    9. BooBoo Fett (ROTJ size 34) PAID (shipped)
    10. TehEl1te (ESB size 34) absorbed (shipped)
    11. morten (ROTJ size 38) PAID (shipped)
    12. PigeonFarmBoy (ESB size 47) PAID (shipped)
    13. HollowBomber (ROTJ size 38) PAID (shipped)
    14. LiquiTed (ESB size 34) PAID (shipped)
    15. Shabazz Jenkins (ESB size 34) PAID (shipped)
    16. Sirius_Cruger (ROTJ size 34) PAID (shipped)

SECOND RUN
    1. MUNJ KAi (ROTJ size 44) PAID
    2. drache (ESB size 34) PAID
    3. SubArtic (ESB size 34) PAID (in process)
    4. b1wright (ROTJ size 40) PAID
    5. CaptainSolo (ESB size 38) PAID
    6. Nilz (ROTJ size 40) PAID
    7. bobafettsbuddy (ROTJ size 38) PAID
    8. shopguy (ROTJ size 38) PAID
    9. darth z (ROTJ size 34) PAID
    10. rangefinder (ESB size 36) PAID
    11. Fett 4 Real (ROTJ size 34) PAID (shipped)
    12. Darkbambi (ROTJ size 34) PAID
    13. jabbathenut (ROTJ size?) Deposit $50
    14. Darksaber212 (no eyelets ESB size 44) PAID
    15. Yorke (ESB size 34) PAID
    16. bobamaker (2 belts, no eyelets, 1 ESB/ 1 ROTJ size 40) PAID
    17. Cold (ROTJ size 36) PAID
    Last edited by dsonik1; Jul 27, 2010 at 4:43 AM. Reason: Update
  2. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Dec 23, 2009, 10:57 AM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #2

im in for an ESB...
    Dec 23, 2009, 11:53 AM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #3

What size, brother?
  4. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Dec 23, 2009, 12:08 PM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #4

38, my friend...
    Dec 23, 2009, 12:32 PM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! (CLOSED until 2nd run is completed) #5

Just a heads up, guys. I sat down and did the math and it's going to cost me around $70 bucks to do my girth belt, all totalled. Thats belt (at standard price w/ shipping), stain, nylon straps, punch, grommets, etc.

So I'm gonna guess that I'll be charging between $80 and $100 for completed, ready to wear, dyed belts, shipped hopefully.
    Last edited by dsonik1; May 3, 2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Update
    Dec 23, 2009, 1:13 PM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #6

I'll pay for an ESB, have no idea what size I'd need though.
    Dec 23, 2009, 1:21 PM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #7

Whats you're waist size in jeans?
    Dec 23, 2009, 1:28 PM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #8

I'd be interested in a "done" ROTJ. Pant size is 38 at this point.
    Thanks for offering these!
    P.S. I'm in no hurry at all since several of my parts are on order; some are even months away. Just want to get in on the ground floor of this run. Should be able to PP soon.
    Dec 23, 2009, 1:36 PM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #9

Interested in ROTJ. Waist size is 36" in jeans.....
    Dec 23, 2009, 2:12 PM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #10

Waist is bt 30 ish
    Dec 23, 2009, 3:10 PM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #11

36 inch jeans waist, ESB colours please
    Dec 23, 2009, 3:24 PM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #12

I might actually be interested in an ROTJ belt, just dyed, I can do the rest.
    Size 30....
    Let me know the 'about price' for it dyed and shipped to Abbotsford, BC, Canada.

J
    Dec 23, 2009, 3:49 PM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #13

Okay, I need you guys to find a tack store and try on ANY mohair girth belt so I you can tell me what belt size you need. lol I'd rather not guestimate on your size and it not fit.
    Dec 23, 2009, 4:22 PM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #14

Iam interessed in a ESB girth, my waist size is 32inch, so if you can aquire one that size it would be superb. Otherwise a 34inch will do

Add me up on the list bro!
    Dec 23, 2009, 8:20 PM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #15

I'd be in for an ESB one. 38" waist.
  16. Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Dec 23, 2009, 8:57 PM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #16

80 to 100 bucks??? Can you break down the price peice by piece? Love the idea but right now I'd be more likely to just stain the natural one I already have that I paid $15 bucks for.
    Dec 23, 2009, 10:06 PM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #17

If you already have one un-stained, you could just mail it to me and pay return postage and I'd dye it for $20. But, honestly, if you just follow the tutorial that whistle8mp did, and I expounded on, you shouldn't have any problem doing it yourself.

I understand that ballpark price seems steep, but the belts, as it stand are over $25 shipped, plus the cost of the stain, the nylon strapping and having it sewn, grommets, and not to mention time. If I'm lucky, I'd make $20 off of each belt, for a considerable amount of work. Not jumping down your throat, by any means, but I think once you do yours, you'll have a better grasp of what it takes to do one of these. I think about the cheapest I've seen a used finished belt go for is $60.

Also, if you decide to do your own and run into any trouble, feel free to pm or call me and I'll try and help ya out.
  18. Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Dec 23, 2009, 10:44 PM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #18

No worries my friend. I totally see where your coming from on the price once I stepped back and looked at the big picture.

I'm also a bit confused on the whole "sewing" thing...is that sewing the indiviual strands to each other?
    Dec 24, 2009, 12:33 AM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #19

everyone should jump on this. this is no easy task it. its alot more difficult then it looks. dsonik1 your girth looks amazing
    Dec 24, 2009, 12:51 AM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #20

Splat, no worries, bruv. The sewing I'm referring to is actually attaching the nylon straps to the buckles on one side of the girth. If you want, you can get my number from the "census" thread Madrid Boba started, call me, and I'll walk you through it.

jebby, thanks a ton for the compliment, brother. You and I been trekkin down this damnable girth belt road together almost since the start, it seems. lol
    Dec 24, 2009, 1:07 AM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #21

I'm not trying to make you mad with this post, but I don't think you should factor the girth belt's price as 'over $25' while adding up all your totals. As the first post states, you are gathering names of people who would be interested. With enough belts ordered at once you plan on getting a price drop on the initial $17.10 Now, if you are ordering them at once and they are being shipped to your house there isn't over $8 shipping PER belt. If they charge that high of a shipping rate ($8-10) and you order more than 10 belts, that is less than a dollar added on top of the $17.10 which should actually be lower do to bulk order. As I said, I'm not trying to make you mad or anything. You can charge whatever you want for the belts. There are a lot of ppl that need the belt and will pay whatever you ask, your work looks VERY good. But if you insist on breaking the prices down, think about all the details in effect. This goes along with my real question... if we request a pret a porte version through you via the bulk order, will our price be the actual horseloverZ bulk order retail price plus the adveraged out price per each belt from the one time original shipping cost to you, plus the shipping fee from you to us? I'm glad you are doing this, we need many people like you who can offer a 'ready to go' to people that want them. I'm into trying to scratch build my stuff as much as I can. Hope I didn't anger or offend you sir. Have a great holiday!
    Dec 24, 2009, 1:12 AM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #22

Sorry for the double post, thought of an idea. Dsonik1, what do you think about offering a third belt option? A 'kit' if you will, that has all the stuff you need in it to finish a belt. This way scratchers get to have fun, and you won't have to spend additional time on that one belt. Just a thought
    Dec 24, 2009, 6:48 AM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #23

Quote dsonik1 said: View Post
    Okay, I need you guys to find a tack store and try on ANY mohair girth belt so I you can tell me what belt size you need. lol I'd rather not guestimate on your size and it not fit.
    OK, I'm somewhat obtuse... do we really need to find a tack store and measure or is that a pun?
    I'm still in by the way; stated prices sound fair to me. Thanks for offering this bro.
    Dec 24, 2009, 7:09 AM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #24

Quote daric larone said: View Post
    OK, I'm somewhat obtuse... do we really need to find a tack store and measure or is that a pun?
    I'm still in by the way; stated prices sound fair to me. Thanks for offering this bro.
    I think he means for people that dont know their size it would be wise to fit a belt yourself, is there is a store nearby
    Your waist size should be enough for him.
    Dec 24, 2009, 3:41 PM - Re: Interest: Girth belts!!! #25

I'm not sure how much the price is gonna drop, and the price range that I quoted is factoring in that they may drop the price a few dollars on the belt and that the shipping cost will be reduced. I could try to offer it as a kit, but would be hesitant to mail stain, not to mention I cant send every person a set of punch and grommet pliers. There is the option of just ordering the belt, as stated above, and then using the staining tutorial. That is completely up to you, and no you didn't offend me at all. I'm just trying to help people out. As I stated before, I'll be lucky to make $20 a belt for what equates out to alot of work.

As far as the sizing goes, I just need one of you bigger guys to find out what size you would wear in a girth. I would assume that a guy who wears a 38 in pants would use a 40 girth, but I being a soldier, do not deal in assumptions. lol

To give you a good reference on the pricing... Evolution wants $65 shipped for one of his budget girth belts..... This, is far from a budget belt.