Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Jan 31, 2015, 5:35 PM - interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #1

So i have a couple of folks willing to lend me a donor D-bracket from a Webley.

The idea here is to make a correct replica (not just a flat piece of aluminum cut to shape) in aluminum for an upgrade for your SR, SW or MLS EE-3's

Would you guys be interested in these? I was gonna originally have my bud do 1 or 2 from some scrap he had at the shop, but i then thought you guys may want these. This is just a feeler thread to see how much interest there would be and if its worth doing the run. Just post here if you'd be interested!
    Jan 31, 2015, 5:39 PM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #2

I think i would be interested. What will the main difference be? Weight? I notice that the resin one has a bit of a wobble. Not a lot, but I'm assuming that's because of the material.
    Jan 31, 2015, 5:40 PM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #3

I would be interested. I need to get a replica Webley to troop with because my Hand Schaub is too heavy. The weight these would add to the replica would be nice.
    Jan 31, 2015, 5:53 PM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #4

Guys if you can afford this I highly recommend it,used this before I got my real Webley it's excellent :-)...sorry for jacking thread Lou :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image-jpg   image-jpg  
  5. sleepalot is offline sleepalot
    Jan 31, 2015, 5:54 PM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #5

I'm interested depending on price
  6. Jan 31, 2015, 6:45 PM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #6

yea the main purpose would be strength over the resin brackets without adding alot of weight. I know SR has some sort of support in his now so his new ones are better than the older ones, but i know id feel the most secure if it was a metal bracket thats not as heavy as the steel real ones. I have a slightly off replica bracket and grip (similar to what Danzo posted above)and it weighs a ton lol.

Im trying to keep the price reasonable, which will also depend on the amount we'd make. We will have to check material costs and of course his labor as well. It may only be this one run as he's a busy guy, but we'll see how it goes.
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Feb 8, 2015 at 2:09 PM.
    Jan 31, 2015, 6:50 PM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #7

I will also have to double check my gun. Pretty sure I glued the heck out of it to stop the plastic from squeaking. lol. Trying to take that apart would be an issue I think.
  8. Jan 31, 2015, 6:54 PM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #8

lol probably
  9. Member Since
    Nov 2014
    Jan 31, 2015, 7:06 PM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #9

I'm interested too...always depending on price
  10. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Jan 31, 2015, 7:20 PM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #10

Interested as well .
  11. Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Jan 31, 2015, 7:53 PM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #11

Interested here too.
    Jan 31, 2015, 8:07 PM - #12

So this will have the little nub on the side?
    Quote Quote Posted from Android app
  13. Jan 31, 2015, 8:41 PM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #13

Quote woodman said: View Post
    So this will have the little nub on the side?
    thats what im planning Woody. My old aluminum one didnt have it and not only was it in accurate but the darn thing always came loose and would "spin"
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Feb 8, 2015 at 2:10 PM.
    Feb 1, 2015, 2:32 AM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #14

Count me in Lou. My SR wobbles like mad. I had planned to strengthen it but if this goes ahead I'll take one off you.
    Feb 1, 2015, 4:56 AM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #15

Quote DeathProof said: View Post
    I will also have to double check my gun. Pretty sure I glued the heck out of it to stop the plastic from squeaking. lol. Trying to take that apart would be an issue I think.
    yeh hate those wobbles..lol only thing is when I added the stock and metal bracket to my replica it still felt as if it could snap at the mid point of the gun,so the metal bracket only will make it slightly better,but redarc done a thread here showing his sound board & shows where he put an extra screw on the mid section which made it more secure & less of the wobbles...
  16. Feb 1, 2015, 6:56 AM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #16

Mine is super solid..i dont remember what i did exactly, but i put screws in it during assembly. the only wobblies i had was the bracket ...if you held the blaster by just the stock it would wobble..which is understandable with a resin bracket.

My first EE-3 had an aluminum bracket and it was much better, and again i didnt have any wobble or unstable issues once that bracket was aluminum. The issue with that one was it didnt have the "nub" on it so it came loose alot and then just twisted out of place.

SW made a good suggestion on how to do th e nub without having to machine it from a super thich chunk of metal, and im going to pass the info on to my buddy. That is one of the main features i want on these...that and the correct shape and beveled edges on the one side.
  17. Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Feb 1, 2015, 8:59 AM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #17

Interested!
    Feb 5, 2015, 11:54 PM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #18

you should see about having it cast in aluminum or bronze. Would probably be cheaper in bulk. Are you all set with a Webley bracket? Where are you located?
    Feb 6, 2015, 4:51 PM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #19

I'm in for a few of these. If you need a bracket, I've got one as well.
  20. Feb 7, 2015, 8:29 PM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #20

I'm in NY Ken. I thought about that but i dont have access to anyone who can do that, and i dont have a whole lot of cash to lay out. Since i know this machinist i am using for my stals, i just thought it would be cool to do some brackets. SW had good ideas on how to do it efficiantly so we are going to give it a shot. Well he wants to see the piece first. I havent gotten him full details yet as i wanted to finish up the stalks first.

MLS, yea Sidewinder is sending me a cast to go off of when he gets the chance.
    Feb 8, 2015, 1:47 AM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #21

No problem Lou,
    If something falls through or you need my steel bracket, let me know.
  22. Feb 8, 2015, 9:35 AM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #22

Thank you sir!
    Feb 8, 2015, 10:36 AM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #23

This is very interesting Lou. If you can make this happen I'd like a couple at least. Defo.

Sweet.
  24. Feb 8, 2015, 1:53 PM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #24

Thanks Andy..yea ive been thinking about it for a long while, but didn hve a machinist local that had any clue about Star Wars so they kinda never understand what im doing and its frustrating lol. BUT i found a guy semi-local thats in the legion and he is finishing up some stalks for my helmets and i mentiond i wanted to do this, and he said he may be interested in doing em. So as soon as i have one in hand im going to send it off to him to look at and we can work on how to do it cost effectively. Im hoping to get reasonable price, but it all depends what all is involved to get the details id like.

Keep in mind this likey wont be a dead on replica. My intention is to have something as accurate as i can looks wise that can be trooped with and be stiffer than resin, but lighter than steel.

As i get info on this i will post it here. We are still doing the stalks...and im thinking of possibly having him do ones drilled specifically for the servo adapters and lock on with a set screw. I havent even mentioned this other stalk idea to him yet though lol
    Mar 29, 2015, 1:38 AM - Re: interest for an aluminum EE-3 stock bracket run? #25

any movement on this Lou? I'd be interested fa sho.

Sent from my R2 unit using Tapatalk