Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Nov 25, 2005, 3:47 PM - Intensity controls? #1

Hey guys,

Has any one out there scratch built their shin tools? I'm curious as to what you might have used for the intensity controls on your anti-security blade? I'm thinking the shafts of a couple xacto knives is probably my best bet.

I'd love to hear some otheralternatives though, too.

I was thinking good old dowel rods, too, but I'm not sure how'd i'd knurl the ends...

Thnaks,

Eric
    Nov 25, 2005, 7:44 PM - Re: Intensity controls? #2

I would think exacto knives would look best for a scratch built due to the knurling they have.

Steve
    Nov 25, 2005, 7:49 PM - Re: Intensity controls? #3

That's exactly what I used for mine for now, I JB-welded in a nail of the same diameter and it works pretty well for now.
  4. Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Nov 25, 2005, 8:45 PM - Re: Intensity controls? #4

JFJ,

Can I see a picture of yours? I'm confused by the nail part. Where does the nail go???

Thanks
    Nov 28, 2005, 10:22 AM - Re: Intensity controls? #5

Hey KB,

I'm scratch building them too. (wink, wink) I had gotten a stir stick months ago, and just over the weekend got an RC squeegee, so I'm about to start building them up. I might use x-actos as well, but I found some old machining tools that look pretty good for this. I'll find out exactly what they're called, and take some snaps of them. Good luck, and post your progress!

For that matter... anyone think of anything good to make the JP adjustment tool from, besides an old boltdriver handle?

Shinobi
    Dec 5, 2005, 9:19 PM - Re: Intensity controls? #6

Quote Shinobi_Fett said:
    Hey KB,

I'm scratch building them too. (wink, wink) I had gotten a stir stick months ago, and just over the weekend got an RC squeegee, so I'm about to start building them up. I might use x-actos as well, but I found some old machining tools that look pretty good for this. I'll find out exactly what they're called, and take some snaps of them. Good luck, and post your progress!

For that matter... anyone think of anything good to make the JP adjustment tool from, besides an old boltdriver handle?

Shinobi
    How about those pics!