Subscribe
    Jan 4, 2007, 8:06 PM - Ideas for a Sniper Rifle #1

I've decided to start a sniper rifle project with some spare parts I have been saving for a project such as this one. I have the main body of the "rifle" and I have a scope and pistol grip, and also the barrel. What I need to do is make a very bare bones, delicate stock (think Verpine sniper rifle) for it and I also need to fashion some kind of flash suppressor/muzzle brake for the tip of the muzzle. I'm thinking a piece of pipe a little larger around than the half inch diameter barrel, then drilling out a set of uniformly placed holes over it's entire surface. Anyone have any suggestions that I can use to keep the lines all straight without a drill press and a bad hand? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Jan 4, 2007, 9:52 PM - Re: Ideas for a Sniper Rifle #2

I've got these little table top vises, they finda got this little suction cup on the bottom, they come in handdy a lot and you coupld probably make do with just a drill.
    Jan 5, 2007, 9:19 PM - Re: Ideas for a Sniper Rifle #3

I never thought about that. I need to buy a set of the smaller clamps for stuff like this. Maybe I'll take a look tomorrow and see what I can scrape up so I can get to the flash suppressor/silencer and start drilling. I need to build the stock as well and was thinking about something similar to the Boba "sling-gun" that I just saw photos of recently. I also thought about using a stock AK47 lightweight stock thats a simple "T" shape. I'm not even sure which material(s) I should use for the stock part of the project-I'm always open to suggestions.