Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jul 23, 2002, 8:55 PM - How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #1

I don't I have to finish my costume before I go full steam ahead looking for one.The price for one readily available can be VERY high as I'm sure you all know,and I've just gotta finish this costume.I DO however have a sidearm,so I won't be totally unarmed

Steve
    Jul 23, 2002, 9:55 PM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #2

I do!
    Jul 23, 2002, 11:24 PM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #3

Oh, and what a sweet Webley it is! It was built and finished by the master himself, Boba Debt. I must have it. :evil

[You don't need this blaster, you will give it to BobaFettish]

Man, I hope the Jedi mind trick is working today.
    Jul 23, 2002, 11:32 PM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #4

I must give blaster to Bobafettish....I must give blaster to ..... wait a minute uke OK all better, now what was that?
    Jul 24, 2002, 1:20 AM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #5

Sorry BobaFettish mod or not, Fettcicles' Webley isn't leaving the Chicagoland area you are outnumbered :evil .-Mark

Does anyone know if the one Squirk had on Ebay (only to get pulled before ending) if he was able to sell it?
    Jul 24, 2002, 12:46 PM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #6

Squirk did in fact sell the Webley he had on ebay for $1600 is what he told me.
    Jul 24, 2002, 4:28 PM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #7

wow!

i remember that one.

i dont know how practical it would be to carry around a con though. tis rather heavy.
    Jul 24, 2002, 10:07 PM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin eit #8

SIXTEEN HUNDRED!!!!!!!!!!! FUDGE,....I WOULD HAVE GONE HIGHER THAN THAT ON HIS AUCTION.@&(^%%()

I knew I should have emailed him

Oh well.A Webley is going in the budget for next year anyhow,so I'll find one,....heck I've got one in mind when the time arrises :evil

Steve
    Jul 25, 2002, 12:15 AM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #9

I brought that thing to Wizard con.......It brought the crushing total weight of my suit to 70lbs (Not sure if that is accurate but it feels like it!) It was tireing heafting that all metal WEBELY with my little arms. It was so heavy that my good friends Bobafettish and Seeker offered to carry it around for me (Then they stuck me in a corner, ran off and took some pics with it in the plexy glass box!) I was lucky I drove (and luckier I had my car keys. Taped them to my cod piece for safe keeping!) or I might have been stranded. BF and Seeker came back eventually, they gave back the gun (They woulden't have taken it, I know where they live) When we got outside and were walking back to the car Bobafettish saw a cop crossing people and handed me back the gun and said it would look better if I were holding it.
    Jul 25, 2002, 2:23 AM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #10

fettcicle wrote:(Then they stuck me in a corner, ran off and took some pics with it in the plexy glass box!)
    Crap, how did he find out about that? Oh well, here's a pic of me toting that cannon., all 11 lbs. of it.
    Jul 25, 2002, 2:26 AM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #11

Jul 25, 2002, 6:08 PM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin eit #12

There is nothing like a real weapon for the ultimate completion of a suit,but the weight is a killer.I took my Sterling along "Trooping" one Halloween,and the damned thing nearly made my arm numb by the end of the evening because I wouldn't let anyone else touch it.

Steve
    Jul 26, 2002, 3:02 AM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #13

I think Steve Sansweet tried to break a chair over my back for my blaster, all I heard was "Hey Steve, What are you doing with that chair?" then a slight bump, then some chards of wood fly past me, but I really didn't feel any thing while in my suit, he came around and was talking to us then. I didn't catch on until security caught him outside with it.... This is him "Being nice"
  14. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 26, 2002, 9:26 AM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #14

I am with ya Steve! As soon as I get this sandtrooper costume out of the way, I am turning my attention to getting a Webley. I held bobadebt's at DragonCon last year and even though he has several parts wrong, that gun is just impressive beyond words!!!I don't care how heavy it is. I WANT ONE!!!
    Jul 26, 2002, 1:56 PM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #15

How about some of you lucky fellas with Webleys make resin kits of them? They'd be lighter for you to carry around at cons and also might provide some of us unarmed Fetts with an affordable option
    Jul 27, 2002, 2:20 AM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #16

MB's resin Webley kit is dead-on the real thing. I did a side-by-side comparison between Fettcicle's blasters (yes, he has both a real one and a resin one), and they only difference were the materials used and about five pounds. By the way Brak's, the blaster you are referring to is the same one that Fettcicle now owns. Beauty, isn't it?
    Oct 7, 2002, 3:21 AM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #17

well, soon the next best thing to a real webley may be available!! I will be offering cast bronze repros of Mk1No1 Webleys. Stay tuned... but give me a bit of time! Mold is just complete, here is a early shot of the molding

Oct 7, 2002, 4:13 AM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #18

TK581 wrote:well, soon the next best thing to a real webley may be available!! I will be offering cast bronze repros of Mk1No1 Webleys. Stay tuned...
    NOW WE ARE TALKING!!!!! I WANT #1 ON THAT LIST!!!!!!!!! And I too have had the chance to drool over Fettcicles Webley in person. Not sure if I hated him because of that incredible weapon or uhhh... ohhh... the other one he just got [img]images/smiles/icon6.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon6.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon6.gif[/img]
    Oct 7, 2002, 3:43 PM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #19

Metal replicas?! Dude, you are slowly bumping your way to the top of my best friends list. 8) Especially since Fettcicle keeps buying all of the real ones.
    Oct 7, 2002, 5:55 PM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin eit #20

Very good news indeed!!! This is a project that has been talked about getting done for about 2 years now,and still nothing.Glad to see it coming to frutition. PULLEEEZZZEE keep us posted,as you know there will be alot of interest in this topic.

Steve
    Oct 7, 2002, 9:19 PM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #21

There is nothing like the real thing particulary TWO!

Oct 7, 2002, 10:22 PM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #22

Umm, fettcicle...you suck
    Oct 7, 2002, 10:44 PM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #23

We have a thread on RPF on this project and there is great interest too. The best part is that there is no copyright junk to get in the way. Stocks are also being produced to fit the replicas. As far as conversion kits - I myself would not offer those but there may be plans for those as well.

So far I have only cast one wax to check things out. Even though the gun was molded in three sections it will most likely be offered as a single unit. The lines and grooves will be very clean though. I anticipate the final weight to be about the same as a real gun.

oh - question: In some photos of the Jedi blaster, is the hammer cut down to be more... blaster like and less 'gun' like? This is something that can be done in the wax and cut down metal finishing work.
    Oct 8, 2002, 1:07 AM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #24

It looks like it has been bob'ed to me.
    Oct 8, 2002, 2:13 AM - Re: How many of us own REAL Webley No1Mk1(not real resin either) #25

yup - that's the shot I was thinking about... thanks for posting