Subscribe
    Jan 3, 2012, 7:41 AM - How do you prevent a droopy ammo belt? #1

Usually I cradle my EE3 in my arms so I don't have too many pics of my ammo belt.

I was looking through the pics from our New Years day troop and I noticed my ammo belt was drooping a bit. I was wondering what others do to prevent ammo belt droop. It doesn't matter how much I tighten the belt, and how good it looks when I kit up, it's always sagging by the end of the troop.

Apologies for the small pic. Essentially the belt hangs like this ) instead of straight |
    Jan 3, 2012, 7:44 AM - Re: How do you prevent a droopy ammo belt? #2

I just keep it as tight as possible. It usually stays in place. Maybe a bit of velcro in front will help too.
    Jan 3, 2012, 12:18 PM - Re: How do you prevent a droopy ammo belt? #3

no matter how tight your belt is at the start of the troop, by the end you're going to sweat off a couple pounds; and that's why your belt gets loose, also stretching leather from movement. so other than putting some velcro on the front of your flightsuit just be aware of it and when there's not too many people looking pull it up a bit.
    Jan 3, 2012, 1:40 PM - Re: How do you prevent a droopy ammo belt? #4

Another thing to think about might be the weight of the pouches. For my first belt the blocks of wood I wrapped the leather around were made of hardwood. They whole belt was heavy... my current belt pouches are made of a very light wood. Most likely balsa wood.
    Jan 3, 2012, 2:09 PM - Re: How do you prevent a droopy ammo belt? #5

Cheers guys, glad it's not just me.

My belt has blocks and an ESB sidearm (it didn't in this pic - 'cause the strap broke at the start of the troop ) so it weighs quite a bit. I'm planning on investing in a Booboo Fett belt once I've lost some more weight.