Subscribe
    Oct 16, 2004, 2:55 PM - How did everyone install there shackman light? #1

Just got my Shackman light. What is the best way to install it? I'm not sure what to do with the secondary piece or the battery.
  2. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Oct 16, 2004, 5:54 PM - Re: How did everyone install there shackman light? #2

http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic...=11415&forum=4

Here's another post on it. Sorry I can't give any great info myself, since I don't have the armor. As far as the second piece, as long as nothing metal is shorting it, you should be good however you attach it. I designed it to fit under the other side of the chest, so that it would be somewhat balanced (vs having an entire circuit under one side, and nothing on the other). But since it isn't visible, anywhere it'll reach and not get shorted should be fine.

ATM
    Oct 16, 2004, 6:09 PM - Re: How did everyone install there shackman light? #3

I stuck mine in the holes and taped it in place, it isn't going to go anywhere.
    The secondary board is just hanging in place.

Lynn
    Oct 16, 2004, 8:04 PM - Re: How did everyone install there shackman light? #4

OH so you just let the seconary piece and the battery hang down inside the vest? maybe i can velcro it somehow to the harness.
    Oct 16, 2004, 10:22 PM - Re: How did everyone install there shackman light? #5

I had my lights taped in, but I didn't like it. I'm currently making some sintra shims to go on either side of it, and will use a styrene cover to be held in place with velcro.

I sewed a pocket on the back side of my vest to hold the secondary board. The battery hangs freely.

When I get this completed, I'll post some pics.

Oct 17, 2004, 2:38 PM - Re: How did everyone install there shackman light? #6

cal196 wrote:

OH so you just let the seconary piece and the battery hang down inside the vest? maybe i can velcro it somehow to the harness.
    Yes, You can probably velcro the secondary piece OK.

Lynn
    Oct 21, 2004, 9:23 PM - Re: How did everyone install there shackman light? #7

I made a 1" wide "U"-shaped piece out of 2mm Sintra that goes over the light board and is GOOPed on each end to the inside of the left breastplate. The "U" piece has little tabs on the ends that are the parts that are actually GOOPed. The secondary board and 9V fit inside my left chest pocket.

Feb 20, 2005, 4:39 PM - Re: How did everyone install there shackman light? #8

Did you ever get the photos posted?

Quote Forced Trekker said:
    I had my lights taped in, but I didn't like it. I'm currently making some sintra shims to go on either side of it, and will use a styrene cover to be held in place with velcro.

I sewed a pocket on the back side of my vest to hold the secondary board. The battery hangs freely.

When I get this completed, I'll post some pics.
    Feb 20, 2005, 6:25 PM - Re: How did everyone install there shackman light? #9

I just hot melt glued mine it. It holds very well. As of right now the 2nd board and battery just hang loose inside the vest.
    Feb 21, 2005, 8:09 AM - Re: How did everyone install there shackman light? #10

I made two 4 sided boxes out of thicker sintra and superglue, then put a back cover on it with thin sintra. The boxes were made to fit the 2 boards perfectly. I just use clear shipping tape to hold the two boxes to the back side of the armor, the tape is very strong and super easy to remove. This works like a charm, doesn't take very long, and adds protection to the light board which is good cause they sure ain't cheap. I made cut-outs in the vest to make the armor sit flush and hide the wire band. I 've been meaning to sew in a tiny piece of velcro into the vest to hold the battery securely too. I'll just slap a tiny piece of the sticky backed velcro to the battery itself.
    Feb 21, 2005, 9:17 AM - Re: How did everyone install there shackman light? #11

Ok, I cut two square holes in the vest on either side of the chest armor, and glued the lights into one side and velcro'ed the secondery board into the other side. A friend of mine that is good with electronics got it to work agian after a bar of magnets I am using to attach my armor into place shorted out something on the secondary board. I have the battery in a thrid cutout inside the ab plate.
    Mar 12, 2005, 4:51 AM - Re: How did everyone install there shackman light? #12

I had forgotten all about this thread...I've been working so much lately that I haven't been on a bunch here lately, but anyhow...Here are the pics I promised.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0191.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	1198   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0190.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	1199  
    Mar 12, 2005, 10:47 AM - Re: How did everyone install there shackman light? #13

that is a great job, I ended up epoxying it in with a sintra shim then covering it with electric tape. I have the secondary board velcroed in and the battery is on the side of the vest, a small push button switch is right at the underarm.