Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jan 2015
    1 Week Ago - Jan 20, 2015, 3:09 AM - Holiday Special Boba Fett colors #1

So I'm going to begin soon building my Animated Holiday Special Fett, (well as soon as I receive all the armor parts). I'm using as reference the animation in the infamous holiday special and the Gentle Giant Ltd. Holiday Special Animated Marquette.

In the animation it looks like the bucket, collar armor, shoulder armor and the gauntlets are a Rustoleum primer gray. While the upper cheeks of the bucket, the ammo belt, codpiece and kidney plate are a darker shade. And the breast plates, abdominal plates and knee pads are a pastel yellow.

But looking @ the gentle giant version; the upper cheeks of the bucket, the ammo belt, codpiece and kidney plate looks like a slate blue.

My question are;
    1. Which version should I go for?
    2. What would be the accurate or closest yellow & gray color?

1 Week Ago - Jan 21, 2015, 11:28 AM - Re: Holiday Special Boba Fett colors #2

Stay true to the holiday special.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boba-Fett-Holiday-Special-Misc-03.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	84263
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boba-Fett-Holiday-Special-Misc-12.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	84262
    For the yellow, i'd look into floquil UP armor yellow. It has that grayish yellow look. Any grey areas would work with primer grey. I think youll need 2 shades of slate blue. One more baby blue and a darker for the upper cheeks.
  3. Member Since
    Jan 2015
    1 Week Ago - Jan 21, 2015, 12:15 PM - Re: Holiday Special Boba Fett colors #3

Thanks MLS, you are always looking out.
    1 Week Ago - Jan 22, 2015, 4:01 PM - Re: Holiday Special Boba Fett colors #4

I am also working on a Holiday Fett. I'm going for a movie style version for Mercs and 501st approval. I'm gonna be painting with spray cans and haven't decided on all my colors yet if anyone has any input. I know the krylon color for most of the helmet but everything else I'm still up in the air.