With BooBooFett on extended break and Taco retiring soon, I've been talking to a local Leather craftsman about making a Special Edition ammo belt and he's agreed to make one for me and then offer to the community. I will get him started on this site and take no % to keep costs down and give back some to the community. He seems to have the skills and will be using high quality thick leather, but I may lack the knowledge to make sure the finished product is up to our collective community standards so I'd love input from you all.
We have started by creating a prototype of the pouches as you can see below with a few scrap pieces stained and dyed different colors. We are using the Strumfett/RafalFett diagrams for measurements and other close up pictures. These pouches will be functional and incredibly strong/rigid and I plan to use the darkest color stain/dye right now (but again feel free to chime in). I am currently favoring the darkest color (saddle tan dye + stain) which is slightly less red in real life.
Here are the changes we need to make please let me know if you see anything else:
- Stitching needs to continue along the back, bottom and back up the front of the pouch.
- Stitching should be white.
- Front flap (and all leather attached to it) needs to be slightly wider to be the same width as the pouch.
- Front flap will be held down with magnetic clip, similar to one used on a purse.
- Leather spacers will be used to lift the back strap away from the pouch to allow the belt to feed between. This will allow the pouches to be taken on and off and therefore covering all permutations, but will it be too loose and will something else be required to hold the pouches in place so they donít slide around or to the back?