Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Oct 31, 2016, 5:03 PM - heavy jetpack help me #1

hello guys i have a fiberglass jetpack and it's a pain in long trooping.
    the whole jetpack weights 3,5 kg... any tips? or i have to grab another one? and if i have to, where can i find a lighter one?
    ty

2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Oct 31, 2016, 5:09 PM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #2

What harness are you using?
  4. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Oct 31, 2016, 5:16 PM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #3

I don't think youre going to find anything that weighs less then that short of making on from foam....That's like 8 lbs which is not much man. I think you just need to get a better harness. Hence what Justin asked. Metal harness with a bottom bar and hooks will distribute the weight better.
    Oct 31, 2016, 6:26 PM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #4

i have alluminium bigdane harness..really am i the only one with shoulder's pain after trooping? xD
    Oct 31, 2016, 7:17 PM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #5

No...I'm sore for a week..lol
    Oct 31, 2016, 8:13 PM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #6

Maybe your top straps are too short and the bottom of the jetpack isn't sitting on th bottom bar enough? I have trooped in my fett for up to 6 hours non stop, if I didn't have that metal harness I don't think I could do 2 hours.
    Oct 31, 2016, 8:52 PM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #7

3.5 kg isn't much at all. It must be your setup.
    Oct 31, 2016, 9:14 PM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #8

That's not heavy at all.. the MOW jetpack with everything I've got on it is almost 17lbs. A fellow garrison mate has a Fett Seven jetpack and I'm very jealous of how light it is.

I can do 2 hours trooping, then do a small break without the pack before continuing.
    Oct 31, 2016, 10:06 PM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #9

My jetpack weighs 23 lbs. I agree, it must be your setup.

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
    Oct 31, 2016, 11:49 PM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #10

Holy cow those are some heavy jetpacks! My scratchbuilt jetpack (mostly foamcore, cardboard and illustration board, with some 3D printed bits) weighs in under 3 lbs.
    Nov 1, 2016, 12:59 AM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #11

I have no experience trooping with a Fett Jet Pack, but I do have a Ghostbusters proton pack that weighs over 20 pounds. The problem is that your shoulder straps are too tight and you are using them to carry your pack. The shoulder straps are not meant to be weight bearing. They should only stabilize your pack to keep it upright.

All of the weight is meant to be borne by the belt. If your shoulder straps are tight and your belt is loose, you are doing it wrong. You will need to either tighten your belt or move it to a place that the weight is sitting on your hips (probably up). The straps should only be tight enough to keep the pack vertical. After several hours, your back should feel sore, not your shoulders. Especially with that harness, which is well designed to distribute the weight properly.
    Nov 1, 2016, 5:17 AM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #12

i will try adjust the harness straps and better distribuite the weight. i'll make you know if i find a better solution lol
    Nov 1, 2016, 8:06 AM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #13

The rubies jetpack that comes with the supreme costume weight about 5lb in total !!!
    Nov 1, 2016, 12:43 PM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #14

My advice it to toughen up. I hate to be blunt but you just have to expect a bit of soreness. I walk around daily with about 25 lbs of gear on for my job, so I guess I am just accustomed to it but even still my shoulders will be a bit sore for a day or so after a long troop. The last Texas Ranger Game I did I had the kit on for about 6 hours.
    Nov 1, 2016, 12:51 PM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #15

A sore back and shoulders is unfortunately part of the deal when you troop. I've tried 3 different pack, and I was sore after each one. It's just the price you have to pay for being fett.
    Nov 1, 2016, 2:40 PM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #16

Quote Mullreel said: View Post
    My advice it to toughen up. I hate to be blunt but you just have to expect a bit of soreness. I walk around daily with about 25 lbs of gear on for my job, so I guess I am just accustomed to it but even still my shoulders will be a bit sore for a day or so after a long troop. The last Texas Ranger Game I did I had the kit on for about 6 hours.
    What do you do that requires that much weight pulling if you dont mind me asking?

Alex
    Nov 1, 2016, 2:43 PM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #17

Quote Lucksy31 said: View Post
    A sore back and shoulders is unfortunately part of the deal when you troop. I've tried 3 different pack, and I was sore after each one. It's just the price you have to pay for being fett.
    Mine weighs about 20 lbs on its own but my jetpack harness is quite comfy for about 3-4 hours. I made it from to padded back pack straps, with rings and straps to hook to the jetpack through the back. Weighs about 1lb.

Alex
    Nov 1, 2016, 2:49 PM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #18

I've gone longer than 6 hours a few times this year and have never had any issues. With that said, there's no better feeling than taking off that jetpack after a long day.
    Nov 1, 2016, 5:49 PM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #19

Quote alexmiller1 said: View Post
    What do you do that requires that much weight pulling if you dont mind me asking?

Alex

Don't mind you asking..........I am a cop. I wear body armor that has weight across my shoulders and upper body and belt gear bearing down on my hips. You get accustomed to it after 20 years but there is no masking that I have 23-27 extra pounds of gear on.....The time of year affects exactly how much extra I am carrying.
    Nov 1, 2016, 5:57 PM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #20

Don't mind you asking..........I am a cop. I wear body armor that has weight across my shoulders and upper body and belt gear bearing down on my hips. You get accustomed to it after 20 years but there is no masking that I have 23-27 extra pounds of gear on.....The time of year affects exactly how much extra I am carrying.
    Oh well then.. thank you for your service to your community.

Alex
    Nov 2, 2016, 5:50 AM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #21

The belt gives me more soreness than the armour and armour has come a long way recently. My first armour was over 10 kilos. My latest one is half that and better fitted. Full riot gear is the killer though; especially in summer!
    Nov 2, 2016, 11:25 AM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #22

I have a soft strap setup, can troop for about 4-5 hours with no breaks. My shoulders don't ever hurt but more like my entire back feels it so it spreads out the load quite well.
    Nov 2, 2016, 4:01 PM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #23

My MOW pack is about 10lbs. I use a BigDane harness and usually wear it 5-10 hours when I have it on. Sometimes I am sore afterwards but nothing that bothers me too much. I have the white straps attached to the harness just above my man boobs. This way it pulls the weight evenly over my shoulders but I make sure the lower part of the metal frame is in my mid back. I think that harness really carries the weight well. I also use the $50 dr scholls fitted inserts on my boots and they made a world of difference in the pain I would feel in my back.
    Nov 3, 2016, 7:28 AM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #24

NME props Fett pack are the lightest I've encountered. They are a bit small in size compared to other makes I've handled, tho. I'm 6'3" 195 or so and the NME props pack looks like a backpack on me. If you're a smaller Fett...the NME pack is a decent looking light weight option, imo
  26. Nov 3, 2016, 8:28 AM - Re: heavy jetpack help me #25

So as you can see from the comments, it sucks and its painful for everyone