has anyone found something for gauntlet rocket tip?

has anyone found something for gauntlet rocket tip?

I built a left gauntlet rocket from PVC pipe and 1/8 square plastic rods that I am very happy with, but I am trying to come up with a rocket tip. I like building with inexpesive hardware stuff and found items. Any suggetstions?

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Re: has anyone found something for gauntlet rocket tip?

I've often looked at the tips to those tubes of caulk. I wouldn't just buy a tube for that but if you have another household project it may work.

This thing in and and inch and a quarter round. Looking for something with the same shape. Not just a red point. Thanks though

From
    California

I recently built a rocket from stuff around the house as a prototype for a future project of mine. I used some left over sculpting foam for my tip (sculpts with just sandpaper; love that stuff; super fine stuff). Resin over that to give it strength and sanded it down again for paint.

The expanding foam in a can could also be used. Just shoot it into a form block, shape it down; Bondo it perhaps instead of the resin, sand and paint.

Styrofoam could also work but it will take a bit more attention to get smooth since the texture of that stuff tends not to be smooth. But like above; Bondo, sand, paint..

Just off the top of my head. Hope you are inspired to your own conclusion.

-If I get around to it, I will post a few pics of my build of the foam tip.

hey thanks. I thought of those methods, but i am so tired is sanding and using any kind of resin, fiberglass or bondo. and to clonecollector, you meant the small tip. I am trying to figure out the larger part with the holes. But yes a caulk tube cap has the shape (s) of the small tip and it not a bad idea to use in some way. Maybe just pour in resin with a nail in there for strength. Good idea.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

I forgot... for the larger cone shape you can use a small funnel. I used a funnel that is meant for cocktails to make a rocket for my son's gauntlets. Its the right size and shape... the only thing you'd have to do is drill out the tiny holes. I bought the funnel in my local Shopright.

clone collector.The funnel you used was metal? I don't have a shoprite, this store is like target or walmart?

From
    Northeast U.S.A

The funnel was plastic... came two to a package. Shopright is a supermarket chain. The funnel is meant for cocktails... wine bottles, etc. I could see how a big Walmart with a grocery/ liquor section might have these funnels.