Harness Idea

Harness Idea

Just thought I would throw this out to the group. My jet pack is pretty solid and it has some weight to it. I was a little concerned about how to build a harness and I did not think the average black nylon strap was going to cut it. I searched for 'military harness' on Ebay and came up with an ammo harness that came over the shoulder and had the grommet style belt. I used the belt to fit around my chest and then cut and sewed the remaining straps together. This is working great for me. It features a low profile front clasp that helps since it is under the armor and the harness is very sturdy. The sholder straps are also padded and are very comfortable. The nice thing is the military also kept in mind that all its attire for it's troops may need to be mended in the field and it is fairly easy to sew. Just thought I would drop this in case someone else was looking for a way to hold up a heavier style jet pack or just wanted an alternative idea. Enjoy.

Re: Harness Idea

Oops, sorry for the last pic. Accidently clicked hotlink and my pics are high res.

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

Got that H-harness and web belt all cramed together.lol I thought about that myself but I had to pass. Im sure your going to be hurting after an hour or so with that on.

From
    Same planet as you, in a country that is below sea-level... the Nether-realm.. Oh wait.. Netherlands

looks good!
    my pacj aint that heavy so I just sticked with the normal straps..

From
    Clarkston, Michigan

Not to hijack your thread, but I thought I would toss this idea in the mix also. I just picked up one of these Adams Football Blocking Vests at Dick's Sporting Goods for $7.00 in a clearance bin.

With a few alterations and some straps to hold the :jet pack and the SCUBA belt buckle, it should turn out very similar to BKBT's harness system.

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

Someone was making a vest like that a while back, forget who it was.

From
    Clarkston, Michigan

shortimer52 said:
    Someone was making a vest like that a while back, forget who it was.
    Are you thinking of BKBT?

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showp...6&postcount=11

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

Gator Fett said:
    YUP sure am

Any idea if BKBT is still making those? My system just isn't working out like I want it to.

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

He said he was going to start making them and never heard any about it after that. That was back in Feb if I remember right.

From
    Same planet as you, in a country that is below sea-level... the Nether-realm.. Oh wait.. Netherlands

hey gator!
    looks great! but won't that stick out from under your vest, it looks pretty long on the pic, or will you wear it under the jumpsuit aswell?

From
    Clarkston, Michigan

R_boba_fett said:
    hey gator!
    looks great! but won't that stick out from under your vest, it looks pretty long on the pic, or will you wear it under the jumpsuit aswell?
    It just looks long in the picture. The harness alone is completly covered by my vest. I added some nylon loops around the bottom of the harness to hold the "false" belt and SCUBA buckle. Depending on how I am standing, the buckle is either covered by the vest or it peaks out the bottom, similar to the exibit photos.

If you want me to, I can get a coulple pics of my completed harness tonight and post them here?

Gator

Yes!!!!! please do post pics as i'm in the process of looking to get a harness system set up / started for my :jet pack
    This one seems pretty sturdy and useable.....

From
    Clarkston, Michigan

I really have hijacked this thread. Sorry bneally.

This is how my harness came out, and how the US Divers buckle shows below the vest.

Gator
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gatorharness01-jpg   gatorharness02-jpg   gatorharness03-jpg  

bneally said:
    Just thought I would throw this out to the group. My jet pack is pretty solid and it has some weight to it. I was a little concerned about how to build a harness and I did not think the average black nylon strap was going to cut it. I searched for 'military harness' on Ebay and came up with an ammo harness that came over the shoulder and had the grommet style belt. I used the belt to fit around my chest and then cut and sewed the remaining straps together. This is working great for me. It features a low profile front clasp that helps since it is under the armor and the harness is very sturdy. The sholder straps are also padded and are very comfortable. The nice thing is the military also kept in mind that all its attire for it's troops may need to be mended in the field and it is fairly easy to sew. Just thought I would drop this in case someone else was looking for a way to hold up a heavier style jet pack or just wanted an alternative idea. Enjoy.

I have the same harness

Yeah...works pretty good for me, Jango and I think it is comfy. NP Gator It's all about the free sharing of ideas for fellow Fetters!!