harness help...

From
    West Texas Desert....

harness help...

Guys Im in the proccess of ordering the JP from BM. I've read some of the replies on harness's and am somewhat skeptical on the harness on his JP for trooping, at least as much as I hope to do .. Ive received a couple of replies, but I'd like some additional Feedback.. any suggestions, comments on not having a costume "mishap"? pls any help..jjv5150

Account Deactivated
    From
    Vacaville, California

Re: harness help...

Recently me and Brad 1957 did a complete re-design of our entire harness systems due to the concerns we had about trooping with a work of art strapped to our back. Not to "dis" anyone but we've tried some of those that were manufactured by membersof TDH and other tutorials and they didn't quite fit our requirements. We troop in weather that is normally 90degrees plus, so we took this into consideration along with large crowds, and marching in parades with the 501st. We made ours out of a home depot type back harness and attached 1 strap of webbing to each shoulder with a clip that fits our jp and rest under our back armor(hidden). We had to make 2 buttonhole type slits in our jumpsuits and have used these at several events. The carry the weight around you waist, not under your armpits, are totally concealed under the flightsuit, and we have great results in a couple of Fairs, a parade, and other events. You really can't feel the weight of our heavy fiberglass jp's anymore. It's easy, practical, simple, and cost less than $20.00.

wow... that's a really interesting idea.

i wear one of those back supports anyway to help with my posture. i may have to try that out

got any pics?

From
    Michigan

Home Depot back harness? Now that does sound interesting. Pleast post pics!

From
    Whittier, CA.

Sounds cool, can you post any pics?

Account Deactivated
    From
    Vacaville, California

I have e-mailed pictures to anyone that wants them. Please pm your e-mail address and I'll send pictures and basic instructions. Just trooped at a 2 Fair's, parade, and probably 100+ hours in crowds with no problems. Trust me even with my heavy old fiberglass jp, with aluminum parts, you don't even notice it is there. Its a matter of carrying the weight around your waist, not under your armpits or chest, that really makes the difference. I couldn't last more than 2 hours with my old TKtutorial, or BM one's and they were far more involved and costly. Don't know if everyone will like it, but this is just my 2cents

Account Deactivated
    From
    Vacaville, California

I have replied to the pms and e-mailed photo out to everyone that wanted them. You are welcome to post them, please give credit to BH3352 and Brad1957, and share with everyone. Thanks for all of you interest, and look forward to any feedback or questions you might have.

From
    West Texas Desert....

got ur email..thanks..will let u know how it turns out..jjv5150

From
    Massachusetts

Sounds very promising. Can you please send me examples of how you did this? Thanks!

Account Deactivated
    From
    Vacaville, California

Webchief send me your e-mail address and I'll send you photos that you could post on this string. Sorry, am technol;ogically challenged with uploading the photos to this string.
    Thanks,

From
    Canada, on the planet of Hoth.

HMPOTC33,
    pm sent as well

From
    Santa Fe, Texas

HMPOTC33,
    pm sent too

Account Deactivated
    From
    Vacaville, California

All pms replied to. If anyone would like to post pictures please feel free to do so, just credit me and Brad1957 please

From
    Canada, on the planet of Hoth.

HMPOTC33

got the pic...nice suit!

Account Deactivated
    From
    Vacaville, California

Thanks, like so many things Boba, I am always "plusing". The picture is me and Brad1957 as Jango, at the Solano Fair last weekend, both wearing our "Home Depot" harnesses. All pm's replied to and if anyone can post these pictures to the string it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
    Ron

From
    Massachusetts

Here's a couple of Ron's pics. Thanks!

From
    Whitehorse, Yukon

Hey guys, there's a type of clip like that whare it has a little switch that you can push forward and keep the clips from comming undone.

Here's a pic of the one on my dogs collar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dog-collar-jpg  

Account Deactivated
    From
    Vacaville, California

Thanks Webchief for posting the pictures and Zombierepellant those are similiar to the clips I used on this harness, except the heavy duty ones avalble at the Depot.

From
    Whitehorse, Yukon

Yeah I just like how these ones has a switch to keep the side tabs from being able to move in. Just thought I'd mention them for a safer set up

Account Deactivated
    From
    Vacaville, California

Sorry I missed that and this would be another improvement-great idea and input

From
    Fairfield, CA

Another tip for this. I wear mine over my flight suit and under my vest. I have put 3 snaps in. One at the lower back and one on each side. Attach the snaps on the bottom side of the harness. Then they snap onto the flight suit. This keeps the harness from riding up as the day goes on. The first time it rode up two inches, so the jet pack lowered down my back two inches. After this adjustment, it has not moved at all. So far it has worked very well, no sore back and really don't feel the jet pack at all. Ron and I love them. And for how they work, you sure can't beat the price! But you do have to go to the evil orange empire!

From
    Columbus, Ohio

Was at Home Depot today getting some other items and saw these and remembered this thread. I picked one up for $12.96. I got a Medium as it said fits up to a 38" waist. I wear between a 36-38. The belt is a little on the snug side so might go back and get a large but it already feels like it'll be a nice harness! Thanks for this info!

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

That is a GREAT idea! I think I need a new harness