Guess what I am...

  1. #1
    drokkul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    From
    Richmond, KY
    Posts
    987

    Guess what I am...



    1st person to guess correctly will be the 1st person to be right!!

    Seriously, though...How's this looking so far?

  2. #2
    I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA
    Posts
    5,520

    Re: Guess what I am...

    A wooden ball that goes on the side of the Jet Pack's thruster things!

    Nice job! I may just put a few balls in the laser

  3. #3
    Kripps's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    From
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    203

    Re: Guess what I am...

    Nice work man. I've not been looking forward to doing these. I'll probably go the same route you have though.

    Josh

  4. #4
    Darth Fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    191

    Re: Guess what I am...

    thruster ball. looks nice!

  5. #5
    psberetta's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    From
    Iowa
    Posts
    751

    Re: Guess what I am...

    Nice job.....:thumbup Dremel or CNC ?

    You guys doing these scratch built jet packs have given me an idea.....make an oversized one an use it for a computer case.

    Excellent work,
    -Tim-

  6. #6
    I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,861

    Re: Guess what I am...

    I'm so smart, you're Homestar Runner!

  7. #7
    drokkul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    From
    Richmond, KY
    Posts
    987

    Re: Guess what I am...

    psberetta said:
    Nice job.....:thumbup Dremel or CNC ?

    You guys doing these scratch built jet packs have given me an idea.....make an oversized one an use it for a computer case.

    Excellent work,
    -Tim-
    A little Dremel...a little drill press...a little sandpaper...a lot of handcarving!!!

    The little slots are hand carved as well as the depressions on the edges of the ball. Still a lot of work to do.

    I plan on just doing one of these and then making a mold of it because I can't really stomach the thought of carving another one!

  8. #8
    drokkul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    From
    Richmond, KY
    Posts
    987

    Re: Guess what I am...

    Jimmy BufFETT said:
    I'm so smart, you're Homestar Runner!


    EVERYBODY, EVERYBODY!!


  9. #9

    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    From
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Posts
    1,094

    Re: Guess what I am...

    When I get to this stage, Imma use a wax ball and make a mold of that, is there the same detail on both sides of the ball?

  10. #10
    psberetta's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    From
    Iowa
    Posts
    751

    Re: Guess what I am...

    drokkul said:
    A little Dremel...a little drill press...a little sandpaper...a lot of handcarving!!!

    The little slots are hand carved as well as the depressions on the edges of the ball. Still a lot of work to do.

    I plan on just doing one of these and then making a mold of it because I can't really stomach the thought of carving another one!

    Thanks for the info, don't blame ya for wanting to make a mold
    Looks awesome.

  11. #11
    drokkul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    From
    Richmond, KY
    Posts
    987

    Re: Guess what I am...

    zombierepellent said:
    When I get to this stage, Imma use a wax ball and make a mold of that, is there the same detail on both sides of the ball?
    From what I can tell by sifting through the picture archive it looks like its on just one side.

Similar Threads

  1. Guess Who
    By JangoBear in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jul 21, 2009, 1:12 AM
  2. Showoff: guess what this is
    By jwm73191 in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Feb 21, 2009, 7:30 PM
  3. Guess the Flavor :)
    By tubachris85x in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Nov 20, 2008, 10:29 PM
  4. Guess what my new toy is?
    By asok in forum Prop Building Workshop
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Oct 4, 2008, 8:45 AM
  5. guess who my dad is.
    By gojirafan in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Dec 8, 2007, 8:28 PM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •