Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Aug 16, 2011, 11:22 PM - Gotta get some posts in!! #1

OK--

Im buying stuff from guys on the forum but havent posted yet ....I typically just stalk forums. I almost have everything(98% I think)....booboo fett items, woodsman, asok, MOW pack etc. But, figured I would get my 5 posts out of the way so I could participate in a forum for a change.

I could just PM F4R..............BUT, What colors weather the ROTJ shoulders best. I can airbrush them in or spray can them. If you could post your shoulders and colors that u use would be great.

THX
  2. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Aug 17, 2011, 7:07 AM - Re: Gotta get some posts in!! #2

LMAO, thanks I think....if you have an airbrush and can mi colors that would be ur best best testing on scrap. Get the UP Armor Yellow? Thats the base color, bauhaus gold (krylon) is the same color in a spray can. And marigold american accents from rusto....over that base yellow theres gonna be a rusty color so if you have that airbrush mix rust and the up armor yellow till you get that correct color...use the reference pics to get the pattern of spray its not consistent, as there are lines on the right shoulder where there is more paint in spots kinda like tiger striped almost. The left is pretty much just that darker color but bits of the yellow under it show through...and of course bits of white and black smears on the stuff if you look at AOSW theres a smear on the left shoulder thats not there durring filming
  3. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Aug 17, 2011, 7:53 PM - Re: Gotta get some posts in!! #3

I went silver, summer squash accents for around the silver and then the bahaus gold for the overall in the layered process. ....whats the "rust" color you refer to?
  4. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Aug 17, 2011, 8:23 PM - Re: Gotta get some posts in!! #4

rust colored paint...boots brown is a good rust color so is rust from testors
  5. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Aug 17, 2011, 8:33 PM - Re: Gotta get some posts in!! #5

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    rust colored paint...boots brown is a good rust color so is rust from testors
    Got it! I was just wondering what color brand works well for the rust color. Thanks!!
  6. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Aug 17, 2011, 8:41 PM - Re: Gotta get some posts in!! #6

NP thats what I like with some flat camo earth brown also