Going to try to make some of it work

From
    Kansas

Going to try to make some of it work

Ok after thinking some and asking my friend Mike im going to try to make some of the poop Evo props work . Gabe is NEVER going to give me my money back and I cant put then up on ebay I don't want someone to get the same poop parts I have I could not do that to anyone . I have fiberglass , resin and the right color's on the way . I'm going to fiberglass the inside of the parts I do have first so I don't crack them . I will put up some picks as I go along to see what you all think . I have done some surfing around here and I could be missing it but were do I get some good reff. picks @ . I'm going to do the toothpaste thing with them that looks like kinda a easy way to weather them . Wish me luck with

From
    Enterprise, AL

Re: Going to try to make some of it work

Good luck! Post pics of the parts before you make an upgrades so we have a starting point to follow!

From
    Kansas

Will do Scout Trooper

Good luck with is project snoopy. The only parts I felt were in any way salvageable were the soft parts and metal greeblies. I sold my soft parts on as suitable for a budget fett and threw in the armour for free essentially. I'll be interested to see what you end up with. I'd say do enough to turn it into a wearable halloween costume and not worry about trashing it at a party.

From
    Kansas

I have played with some of the parts today . One thing I have found out is that the paint that was used comes off real easy . It did make the sanding go fast . I'm going to start with the fiberglass on Thursday . I will put up some picks this weekend

From
    Louisville, KY

Easiest way to glass is just use the bondo stuff, Works like a charm, and if you do it in moderation (ie, strips, not big circles like some fool named rdhawk), reinforcing should be a breeze. Even the helmet you said was held together by masking tape should be able to be repaired with some fg strips along the inside to reinforce, bondo outside to fill in the seam, then glass the whole inside of the bucket for strength.

If I could find the tutorial someone did about doing the bondo resin fiberglass kits, I'd have shut up already and posted the link. But I don't know where it is. However, what I've said is the gist of it, the rest were good pictures to illustrate the process.

Oh, and don't forget your respirator. Bad fumes.

From
    Kansas

Bondo would work good but it will make it a bit on the heavy side that is why I wanted to see what fiberglass will do . I did a test on one of the parts that I am going to replace just to see how the wanta be ABS ( what ever he used to make the parts with ) just to make sure the FG did not melt it and it worked pretty good .

From
    PA

rdhawk said: View Post
    Easiest way to glass is just use the bondo stuff, Works like a charm, and if you do it in moderation (ie, strips, not big circles like some fool named rdhawk), reinforcing should be a breeze. Even the helmet you said was held together by masking tape should be able to be repaired with some fg strips along the inside to reinforce, bondo outside to fill in the seam, then glass the whole inside of the bucket for strength.

If I could find the tutorial someone did about doing the bondo resin fiberglass kits, I'd have shut up already and posted the link. But I don't know where it is. However, what I've said is the gist of it, the rest were good pictures to illustrate the process.

Oh, and don't forget your respirator. Bad fumes.

Go to walmart in the automotive department that' where I got mine it was like $12. Worked like a charm when doing my scratch build helmets.

From
    Kansas

OK I said picks so hrer we go campers . Their strong now

From
    Kansas

Now I can start to work on them

From
    Kansas

Parts primed and sprayed metallic .

From
    Seaford, New York, United States

At least you got the gauntlets from Evo, my friend ordered the same but never even got them. Good job so far.

From
    Kansas

Sorry to here about that bro . I'm still missing some stuff to but I will have all winter to work on it .

From
    Long Island

Yessir, I never got my Gaunts Either! You're lucky you got those. I'm in the same boat- I posted a thread of my "EVO-SALVAGE". There should be an "Evolution props Salvage" Section on this site. Hah! I don't want to steal your thread and post my Evo-Salvage, maybe it'll give you hope to check out mine. You're doin great though so far! Keep up the good work!

From
    Kansas

Some more pick for you all

I still don't think the color is right but you all tell me . All input is welcome .
    Last edited by snoopytrooper; Oct 10, 2010 at 8:20 AM.

ya, brother...that color is waaaay wrong...is that how it was originally painted? also, the 3 dents on the ab plate, should be 3 little holes...you may want to fill those dents, then drill 3 holes according to reference pics...

i am so sorry you are having to put so much work into something that was "supposed" to be completed... give me a shout if you need paint colors for that armor...i can send you the rattlecan colors i have used before...

also, the shape of that armor is wrong...wow...here is what i would do for that...print out Wizardofflight's armor templates for the armor...try to get it as close to the size that you have now...cut out the template, lay it down on the armor pieces that you have, trace, and then cut to give it more of the correct shape...

From
    Kansas

I'm having a hard time finding the colors for it i know it was not the right color . I did just print out the template and their 1/4 " on the big size .If I trim off to much it will not look right on me . I'm a little on the big size . Putting the FG on the 3 parts was not that hard . should the color be spruce green ?

PS : I don't plan on trooping in this out side of my town and no one around here will ever know the color is wrong but me
    Last edited by snoopytrooper; Oct 10, 2010 at 11:04 AM.

From
    Kansas

OK I was not going to work on any fett stuff today but that did not work out . I sanded down the 4 chest parts and the back plate and have them primed . The parts that I never got should be on the way and their fresh w/o any pain on them so im just going to repaint everything that right way now . I will put up some pick tomorrow after I put a nice coat of metallic on them .

From
    Lakewood

Nice job! Looks like you made the best of a bad situation.

From
    Kansas

OK all I said I was going to put up some picks a week ago but I got side tracked a bit . So here are some picks I have now . I know their not 100% screen accurate but like the says going to try to make it work . I have a few more parts still on the table the will be done over the next week . Here are picks ;

much, much better...

From
    Kansas

Here are some more picks for you all . This will be the last of the picks for a few months . I'm going to have to pack fett away for now . The reason for this is I keep spending money but I don't seam to be getting the stuff I payed for and it getting old fast . So until I find a way around this prob. ( and I prob never will ) fett is going into storage for now . I do want to think all of you for your input and all the info I got from TDH it has helped me out alot with this fix .

Last edited by snoopytrooper; Oct 19, 2010 at 5:51 PM.