Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Feb 12, 2006, 11:14 AM - GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #1

Finally ! After all the talk in the world, I got off my butt and hammered out my first fully functional belt done out of high impact resin/plastic and leather. To keep the symmetry of boxes, my friends from ACME and I designed a box and mold to pull exact castings. They are held close by a powerful magnet and a piece of sticky back metal on the lip. The only alteration I did have to make was to add a screwable post in the back, but it gets hidden in the back so no sweat !

Finally, something we could put keys and money in while conning !! Tons of THANKS TO GATOR Fett for providing the preliminary box for this project.

I am contemplating a small run of these, but they are were a bit more labor intensive than the static belt I made awhile back. I don't know what the price will be, but I WOULD like to get some interest posts to measure though. I would ONLY sell these in finished lots, as in DONE belts first - don't want to get myself in trouble with so much going on in my life right now !

THE ALBUM :

http://www.gotmaulkreations.com/gallery/album08
    Feb 12, 2006, 11:36 AM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #2

Very nice!
    Feb 12, 2006, 11:43 AM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #3

Yeah, looks awesome!
    Feb 12, 2006, 1:12 PM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #4

LOOKS FANTASTIC!!!

Steve
    Feb 12, 2006, 2:04 PM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #5

Great idea! Looks fantastic!
  6. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Feb 12, 2006, 2:45 PM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #6

Does that come with the JP???

Great craftsmanship...!!
    Feb 12, 2006, 2:49 PM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #7

Thats some really incredable work. It's nice to see original designs that come from "outside the box"
    Feb 12, 2006, 3:44 PM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #8

Quote MARROW SUN said:
    Thats some really incredable work. It's nice to see original designs that come from "outside the box"
    Thanks guys ! Your compliments serve as an ongoing inspiration to keep at the Fett. I showed these to DGasser today and we started to discuss improvements already !!
    Feb 12, 2006, 3:52 PM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #9

Nice Now you can easily carry those miniature airplane sized liquor bottles, or some snack size candy bars.
    Feb 12, 2006, 4:24 PM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #10

Quote Icedevil said:
    Nice Now you can easily carry those miniature airplane sized liquor bottles, or some snack size candy bars.

HEY ! now you're talking !! Jack and Fett please
    Feb 12, 2006, 4:46 PM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #11

sweet lookin pouches mang,

I have a quick question for ya, cause im in the process of doing up a functional belt as well. Did u use "double" threads for the stiching? Im asking that because im only using one thread for my flaps and i noticed that yours look alot thicker.

also what are u using for ur boxes what kind of material? is that wood?

for mine im using left over plastic from my Trash can armor and Jet Pack. :P
    Feb 12, 2006, 5:15 PM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #12

Dang GM!

Awesome looking AND functional! Sweet!
    Feb 12, 2006, 5:16 PM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #13

Any chance of doing some ESB versions?
    Feb 12, 2006, 5:50 PM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #14

bah! you stole my magnet idea!!! its a PITA to sew the belt by hand. great job
    Feb 12, 2006, 6:37 PM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #15

Quote bigsexyc420 said:
    sweet lookin pouches mang,

I have a quick question for ya, cause im in the process of doing up a functional belt as well. Did u use "double" threads for the stiching? Im asking that because im only using one thread for my flaps and i noticed that yours look alot thicker.

also what are u using for ur boxes what kind of material? is that wood?

for mine im using left over plastic from my Trash can armor and Jet Pack. :P
    I used nylon thread, you could pick up at Joann's...you will notice from the get go its pretty thick. I know exactly what you are talking about though. You're using regular old cotton thread, that will break if you stress with leather.

The boxes are high impact resin, so they were poured into a silicone mold
    Feb 12, 2006, 6:42 PM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #16

Quote BobaFettSlave_1 said:
    bah! you stole my magnet idea!!! its a PITA to sew the belt by hand. great job
    thanks man - nope, had the magnet idea before your thread, but was just too lazy to get it going ! I got the idea from a women's bag, don't make any assumptions

Also, hand sewing ? OUCH ! PM me if you need help any -
    Feb 12, 2006, 6:44 PM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #17

Quote SaxeCoburg said:
    Any chance of doing some ESB versions?

someone correct me if I am wrong, but aren't ESB's basically the same thing, just a space in the middle ?
    Feb 12, 2006, 7:48 PM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #18

Quote Got Maul said:
    someone correct me if I am wrong, but aren't ESB's basically the same thing, just a space in the middle ?
    There's one less pouch, a few of the pouches have snaps on the flap and the over all all color is dark choc. brown
    Feb 12, 2006, 9:16 PM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #19

The belt looks great GM. I had been wondering if you would get around to this project or not. Glad to see you put it together.

BTW, what's the weight difference between the resin base and the aluminum base? The resin looks thinner than the aluminum, so I am guessing it came out lighter.

Gator
    Feb 12, 2006, 9:26 PM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #20

Looking real good bud, well done
    Feb 12, 2006, 10:31 PM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #21

Quote Gator Fett said:
    The belt looks great GM. I had been wondering if you would get around to this project or not. Glad to see you put it together.

BTW, what's the weight difference between the resin base and the aluminum base? The resin looks thinner than the aluminum, so I am guessing it came out lighter.

Gator
    hey man ! bout time you came around ! As far as these versus your aluminum, I would say that believe it or not, your aluminum is actually lighter. Reason being, this is denser resin than usual for toughness.I just don't like working in metal, that's all. Also, we didn't end up using your tube, we ended up making our own from sintra and changing a little of the sizing. So, when I send you a set, at least it will be different in some degree ! Thanks again !
    Feb 12, 2006, 10:54 PM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #22

Very nice man!!

Can't wait to see it live.
    Feb 13, 2006, 7:19 AM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #23

Quote Got Maul said:
    hey man ! bout time you came around !
    I'm still around. Not too much on the weekends, (you know ... family, kids, other of lifes distractions ) but this is still my on line home.

Quote Got Maul said:
    Thanks again !
    Any time.
    Feb 13, 2006, 8:30 AM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #24

These looked GREAT in person, even for the first run. It can only get better and they are not to heavy either. SUPERB JOB!!! Got Maul and also impressive the time if took you too!
    Feb 13, 2006, 9:23 AM - Re: GM's First FUlly Functional Fett Ammo Belt !! PICS ! #25

If the price is right I would like one of these nice belts