Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Apr 26, 2003, 3:54 AM - Merged: Re: TK409 Gloves *PICS* #26

Very nice job, 409. Thanks for sharing. Those look absolutely wonderful.
    Apr 26, 2003, 5:39 AM - Merged: Re: TK409 Gloves *PICS* #27

THose should do quite nicely TK409! As everyone else said, Excellent job. Only thing I was wondering about was the stitching lines down the main white part on the back of the hand. I'm pretty much an ESB guy, so I know ESB has those, but I'm not shure about ROTJ. In any case, excellent job man!
  3. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Apr 26, 2003, 12:16 PM - Merged: Re: TK409 Gloves *PICS* #28

Nice job on those gloves. Looks good to me. Just a note about the other gloves on the site. I got the second ones on the page, "Cotton Snap Wrist". They have lines on the back of the hand. I took the stitches out but they still show a little. For the ULTRA screen accurate people out there, they might not like these. There's another pair about the middle of the page "White 3.5 oz Interlock" that don't seem to have the lines. They aren't 12" long but for $1.40 a pair you can't go wrong.
    Apr 26, 2003, 5:01 PM - Merged: Re: TK409 Gloves *PICS* #29

Looking good TK409. I'm making mine too, but they're after the helmet, armour and gauntlets, so it might be a while before I see 'em.

If they come out like yours I'll be happy!

Si
    Apr 26, 2003, 10:40 PM - Merged: Re: TK409 Gloves *PICS* #30

Nice job Chris!
  6. Agent of Doom
    Apr 27, 2003, 7:41 PM - Merged: What kind of gloves? #31

What kind of grey gloves do you guys all use for a Boba costume?
    Apr 27, 2003, 7:46 PM - Merged: Re: What kind of gloves? #32

There are three threads on the first page alone that deal with the gloves. Check out these threads:

http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic...c=4601&forum=3
    http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic...c=5037&forum=3
    http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic...c=4476&forum=3

I'd recommend giving the board a good a look around and maybe give the search engine a whirl. There almost isn't a topic that hasn't been covered to some degree.
  8. Agent of Doom
    Apr 27, 2003, 7:52 PM - Merged: Re: What kind of gloves? #33

sorry, i did look first, i guess im just blind today. lol
  9. Agent of Doom
    Apr 27, 2003, 7:56 PM - Merged: Re: What kind of gloves? #34

Plus, I asked this question to get more than 3 people's responses, and 2 0f the 3 links you gave me had the same response.
    Apr 27, 2003, 8:11 PM - Merged: Re: What kind of gloves? #35

Hey, it's cool. But this board just has a repository of information that has already been hashed over. If your question is reasonably related to another, you can post your question in one of the existing threads, as well.

The reason the answers are pretty much the same for the gloves is because the originals appear to be some sort of dress/parade glove with a button closure that has been modified.

11. Agent of Doom
    Apr 27, 2003, 9:20 PM - Merged: Re: What kind of gloves? #36

Yeah, it does look like ill have to get some parade type gloves. But a while back, I made the brown ones that he had in the preproduction pics out of some jersey gardening gloves.
    Apr 27, 2003, 9:25 PM - Merged: Re: What kind of gloves? #37

Yes, the Prepro (brown gloves) were also parade gloves that had been painted brown. In a couple of the prepro photos, you can see the same little button closure.
    Apr 28, 2003, 12:39 PM - Merged: Re: TK409 Gloves *PICS* #38

Excellent!

Robert
  14. Agent of Doom
    Apr 30, 2003, 7:11 PM - Merged: Re: What kind of gloves? #39

Ok, all the gloves Ive seen on here seem to be the ESB version, any suggestions for the ROTJ(light gray) gloves?
    Apr 30, 2003, 8:09 PM - Merged: Re: What kind of gloves? #40

Same gloves, only very slightly lighter.

I feel going by the MoM gloves could be deceiving, due to the fact the suit has been laundered a bazillion times since the actual time of shooting.

Here is pic of the ROTJ gloves during the filming of some of the ROTJ desert scenes:

As you can see, they are a good deal darker than the gloves at MoM, and not that much lighter than the ESB's.
  16. Agent of Doom
    May 1, 2003, 12:55 AM - Merged: Re: What kind of gloves? #41

Thanks. I'm guessing those are parade gloves too, am I right? If I dyed some white gloves could I make them that light colored?
    May 1, 2003, 1:30 PM - Merged: Re: What kind of gloves? #42

Yes, I believe all the gloves used for Fett were parade/dress gloves. And you could absolutely dye a pair of white gloves to get the same effect, because after all, I believe that is how the real pair were made.

18. Agent of Doom
    May 4, 2003, 5:47 PM - Merged: Re: What kind of gloves? #43

Ok, but the MoM gloves dont look like parade gloves to me, any ideas on what those were made from? I want to eventually make both pairs.
  19. Agent of Doom
    May 4, 2003, 9:43 PM - Merged: Re: What kind of gloves? #44

Another thing, I know this isnt the helmet section, but why is the ESB helmet on the MoM ROTJ suit (im goin by the pics on the reference site). Some of the pics also show the ROTJ helmet though.
    May 4, 2003, 10:53 PM - Merged: Re: What kind of gloves? #45

Um, exactly what do you think they look like then? I have seen no evidence to the contrary that they are a type of dress/parade glove.

The ESB gloves are the Jedi gloves and are the prepro gloves-- same glove different painting/dyeing. Again, I believe the ROTJ are only slightly lighter in color than the ESB's due to washing and/or harsh conditions on set in the desert.

As for the helmet situation, you are seeing two different exhibits: one is the Magic of Myth (MoM) and the other is the Art of Star Wars (AoSW). The MoM suit has the Jedi helmet and Jedi suit. The AoSW has the Empire helmet and a Jedi suit that was also used for the Second Edition scenes.

21. Agent of Doom
    May 5, 2003, 12:55 AM - Merged: Re: What kind of gloves? #46

I wasnt saying they aren't parade gloves, I'm saying they just didnt look like the same material as the others. And I wasnt talking about the gloves used in ROTJ, I was talking about the light light gray gloves seen in the exhibit pics.
    May 5, 2003, 1:00 AM - Merged: Re: What kind of gloves? #47

All indications are that the MoM exhibit gloves and the RotJ gloves are one and the same, only faded. More than likely they have been washed a time or two and the color has faded, not to mention what the direct sunlight of the Tunisan desert may have done to them.
    May 5, 2003, 1:11 AM - Merged: Re: What kind of gloves? #48

The difference might be due to the fact that the gloves are on a maniquin instead of an actual person, so the gloves in the ref pics from the exhibit might seem a little baggy, while as pics from the movie might make the gloves look tighter because they are filled with hand
  24. Agent of Doom
    May 5, 2003, 1:18 AM - Merged: Re: What kind of gloves? #49

I'd post pics of the gloves except I have no idea how.
    May 5, 2003, 1:39 AM - Merged: Re: What kind of gloves? #50

There are essentially only two types of Boba gloves: the brown Pre-production gloves with the patches on the backs of them and the gray ESB/RotJ gloves with white cloth accents sewn to them. The only difference between the ESB and RotJ gloves is that the RotJ gloves are a shade or two lighter than the ESB pair. The gloves used in both the MoM and AoSW exhibits are presumably the same pair, the same ones used in the movie.

If you have a picture of something other than what I just described, email it to me and I'll post it.