Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Gloves Information

Merged: Parade gloves, really?

These parade gloves have a button on the wrist. Have we seen them befor?

http://www.armynavyshop.com/prods/rc4410.html

Cheers,
    ST

Merged: Re: Gloves

Those are kind of cheezy.

Actually, the original gloves were pretty much just that-- a white (most likely) dress/parade glove. You could probably modify the snap to be a button if you wanted to be accurate, but I think it might make a pretty good base. That's probably the modern day equivalent of the original prop glove.

From
    Austin, TX

tylerdurden wrote:

Actually, the original gloves were pretty much just that-- a white (most likely) dress/parade glove. ..
    Yeah, check out this photo from Braks reference library. It looks like they added a little extra for a gauntlet, plus the hand-stitched pads.

Yep, that's pretty much what you'd use, just like Tyler said.

Slave1

Kinjo wrote:

Those are kind of cheezy.
    Actually, I happen to know first hand they work very well for a base glove since that's pretty much what they used on the originals.

Although I didn't get my base gloves through there, my newest batch of base gloves are almost certainly identical. I don't know how folks getting my gloves will respond to the inconvenience of having something extra to fasten in addition to the velcro, but they will "look" closer.

From
    Westchester County, NY

WOW!!! $4.00!!!

I got to give those a try! What have I got to lose...right?

From
    Phenix City, AL

I've been in the military for over 15 years now, and it's true: things change with the time, including the uniforms we use. During the time I've been there, I've seen two changes in the "Dress Green" (the semi-formal, good-looking suit) in different kind of fabric and quality, as well as the BDU's (normal camouflage uniform you see most of the time), and I think that Tyler is right about the construction of the glove itself...It probably was a Parade or Ceremonies kind of glove, which I think I've seen them somewhere long time ago...but just like I said about the uniforms, some things change, as I think it happened to the gloves as well before I joined the military.
    And I think and my theory about the originals is that they were made exclusively for the movie's character, and not some kind of glove that you could find anywhere, like someone said in another thread, -..."some kind of ski gloves..." or "welding gloves"....now with the Ref CD on hand, plus this pic just posted here...all I can say is that S1 is the closest one (perhaps the better) in making this gloves in the forum, and maybe anywhere!

Robert

Like this?

From
    Indianapolis

Nice find, as usual. Got a pic of the other side of those gloves?

From
    Lou evil, KY

I think I'm going to give this a shot too. I also found a portable sewing machine at Big Lots today that looks like its small enough to fit into the finger area of the glove which would take the hand-stitching out of it and make it easier.

I found these sights for gloves as well. They are all seem much the same although some look to be of slightly higher quality material and workmanship.
    Cheers,
    ST

http://www.camo.co.uk/g01.htm

http://www.gloves-online.com/parade.htm#COTTON

http://www.copquest.com/12-2500.htm

http://www.safehand.com/cg-frame.htm

From
    Austin, TX

Merged: TK409 Gloves *PICS*

I followed Chrima's idea for gloves and they turned out pretty good. I got white ones and dyed them gray using black Rit dye. I'm not nearly the seamster Chrima is, so these took a long time to do. I would recommend getting the longer 12" parade gloves so they stay tucked in your armor. Here's a reference photo

I helped at SDCC '08 journeymanprotector's Avatar

Merged: Re: TK409 Gloves *PICS*

Wow, you're just ripping into this costume man

Very nice gloves, they don't look poorly sewn, and from a distance no one is going to care anyway. Colors look good, patterns look close enough, chalk up another $100 saved

Make me feel like I'm throwing mine away left and right with my costume lol...

Phil

As always, you do nice work.

Cheers!
    TJ

From
    Austin, TX

Thanks! I still have to weather them - any suggestions? It's been very rainy lately so I have no access to dry dirt.

I helped at SDCC '08 journeymanprotector's Avatar

Just use your tempera paints, Mr. Fancypants! lol

Seriously, it drys like a chalky powder, right? Just paint it on something, let it dry and wipe your hands with it. That or charcoal pencils of varying colors.

Or just wait for it to clear up,

Phil

From
    Westchester County, NY

TK409, great looking gloves!!!!!

Congrats!

b.fett

Nice!!!

fett234

They look great . Just to show that it doesnt have to cost alot to look nice. Its the rugged look like Boba is supposed to be.

great work

how long did u leave the gloves in the RIT dye to acheive the gray color?does the dye have a odor to it?im asking because i live in an apartment and dont have very good ventilation available.

From
    Austin, TX

The Rit dye does not have an odor - you can do it in your apartment on your stove (you have to heat up the dye water) I left them in for about less than a minute. You'll see them start to turn and you can pull them out when they visually get as dark as you want.

Those are some pretty sweet gloves TK409.
    Do you mind if we ask which ones you ordered? I think the Cotton, Snap Wrist gloves would work.
    Keep it up.

From
    Austin, TX

BountyHunter185 wrote:
    Do you mind if we ask which ones you ordered? ...
    You can find gloves here:
    http://www.paradestore.com/main_frame.asp?g=GLOVES
    I would recommend the longer 12" ones, but I got the "flag bearer" gloves with a velcro wrist closure before I realized there were others available. They've also got a "non-slip" dotted texture on the palm that I didn't expect (like gardening gloves) .

I added fabric gauntlets to these. I'll add velcro to the fabric gauntlets and velcro inside the armor gauntlets to keep them from slipping around. I will probably get the 12" and make another pair.

Trooper TK409 wrote:

The Rit dye does not have an odor - you can do it in your apartment on your stove (you have to heat up the dye water) I left them in for about less than a minute. You'll see them start to turn and you can pull them out when they visually get as dark as you want.
    thanks

im going the parade glove route,i have been really impressed by those who have used them