Girth Belt Questions

Girth Belt Questions

Im about to purchase a girth belt and just wanted to verify the size needed and that the one I am looking at is accurate and will take to stain. I wear a size 36" waist size for pants so I was thinking of going with a 40" belt. Would that be correct? Here is the belt:

http://www.victorycanter.com/Non-Slip-Mohair-Girth-p-17612.html

T
    hanks,
    Terrantula

From
    North Texas

Re: Girth Belt Questions

Remember that you want a gap in the back if you want screen accurate. If you order a 40 the buckles will be close to touching in the back.

And Victory Canter is great to deal with....they will answer your emails quick.

Thanks for the quick response Mullreel,

I had heard that these are actually about 4" shorter than advertised, so a 40" would be closer to 36". Would it be better to just order 36" one then?

Terrantula

Mullreel said: View Post
    Remember that you want a gap in the back if you want screen accurate. If you order a 40 the buckles will be close to touching in the back.

And Victory Canter is great to deal with....they will answer your emails quick.

From
    North Texas

Thats what I kinda did. I wear a 32 so I ordered a 32 and I have about a 4 inch gap in the back where the nylon straps go.

And the 4 inches shorter than advertised is about right. They are designed to fit on saddles so the other 4 inches are made up by the buckles on the saddle.

Thanks Mullreel,

They didn't have a 36" so I went with a 38". Will give me a bit of room to play with. Now to scoop up some nylon straps....

Terrantula

Mullreel said: View Post
    Thats what I kinda did. I wear a 32 so I ordered a 32 and I have about a 4 inch gap in the back where the nylon straps go.

And the 4 inches shorter than advertised is about right. They are designed to fit on saddles so the other 4 inches are made up by the buckles on the saddle.

From
    North Texas

No problem thats why this place exists.

Thanks for starting this thread. I was wondering the same question as well about what size I would need to get.
    Since I know absolutely nothing about riding horses I didn't even realize what a girth belt was nor where you could get a girth belt from. Is this the style I should be looking for??

Victory Canter English Tack & Apparel - Horse Tack - Girths - Synthetic/Comfort - Non Slip Mohair Girth