girth belt

From
    Tampa,fl

girth belt

what is the correct size for girth belt my waist is 42 should i get 40 or 42 or smaller?

From
    San Diego, California

Re: girth belt

Hi Teabo,

I suggest you add another two inches to your waist size, so a size 44" girth belt will probably be best. Below is a picture of mine at size 34" which I should've gotten a size 36" for a better fit. The gap should be about 5" inches in between the buckles. Hope this helps!

-Gene

From
    Salem, Oregon

The measurement of the Girth itself is from each end of the buckles. You need about a 4-5" gap between the buckles for the nylon straps.

Example: say if your waist measures 40" around, then you would subtract 4" to get 36", so you could go with a 36" girth. If you subtract 5", you get 35, since there is no 35" girth, you would round up to 36".

Hope that makes sense. As far as being a 42" waist, I would go with the 38" girth.

Hey there. I'm slowly getting things together for my ROTJ Boba costume.

I was going to purchase a girth belt but I'm not sure what size I need to get. The waist in my jeans is 34", so what size of girth belt should I get?

Anyone know?

From
    australia

well i guess if u need a gap of around 5 " between the buckles and u r 34" around the waist then you would need a 29"-30" so it looks right get some rope and see where the ends come to at that length before u spend the money remember thats where the buckles should end on each side

From
    SF Bay Area, CA

I think you really need to measure your waist with the jumpsuit and codpiece on to be accurate.

Now I'm totally confused.

I actually read another thread that said you don't measure at the waist. You measure around the hips. I believe that's where the girth belt is suppose to sit.

For example: I measured and came up with 40", so with the 4 or 5" subtracted I'll need a 35" or 36" inch belt. Since these belts only come in 2" increments (30", 32", 34", 36"...), I figured a 36" belt would be fine.

Then I read another thread that said if you order... let's say a 36" belt, the actual size will be 2" shorter. So 36" is now 34". Then you have to think "will it shrink when I dye it... even if I stretch it on a board to dry?"

I think I need a 38" belt. Does this make any sense?

From
    Greensburg Indiana

I think either 36-38" should do you fine. its better to be to short then too long and as for dying it after 3 attempts dying I gave up and just followed the thread on here about using latex stain!! worked awesome!!!

Before I resort to an online purchase, I think I'll go check out the local tack shops. That way I can try it on... and confuse the store employees.