Subscribe
  1. Doomkitten's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    53
    May 1, 2015, 5:22 PM - getting started on my first build, #1

    I'm pretty amped, got the MoW two piece flight suit in the mail. While I thought it to be a bit too loose, I have a friend to tailor it and make it fit like a glove. Then today, my wife surprised me with the helmet, After doing research I found out that it's was made by some guy who is less than reputable(class of 1984) who is making an FP recast and selling it off. This bummed me out, but because she was SO SO excited to give it to me and she really thought she was doing a great job I can't be upset with her and I'll make the best of it. That being said, has anyone ever messed with it? What issues may come up and are they workable? Keeping in mind that I have never made a costume with this kind of process?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image-jpg  
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. MLS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    347
    May 1, 2015, 6:51 PM - Re: getting started on my first build, #2

    What exactly do you mean by "messed with it?"
  4. Doomkitten's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    53
    May 1, 2015, 7:00 PM - Re: getting started on my first build, #3

    Messed with it in the sense of trying to make something cool out of something generally seen as below par
  5. crumdum's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    338
    May 1, 2015, 7:50 PM - Re: getting started on my first build, #4

    Quote Doomkitten said: View Post
    Messed with it in the sense of trying to make something cool out of something generally seen as below par
    Your biggest issue is getting spare parts or various different tweaking options (light kit for range stalk for example) for your helmet. If you plan to paint it yourself it won't hurt anything really to start with it. The worst case that might occur is you order a new more realistic helmet (cough fettpride II) and paint that after honing your skills on this helmet.
  6. Doomkitten's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    53
    May 2, 2015, 10:06 AM - Re: getting started on my first build, #5

    Quote crumdum said: View Post
    Your biggest issue is getting spare parts or various different tweaking options (light kit for range stalk for example) for your helmet. If you plan to paint it yourself it won't hurt anything really to start with it. The worst case that might occur is you order a new more realistic helmet (cough fettpride II) and paint that after honing your skills on this helmet.
    i totally plan to order another helmet, after I finish the rest of the build... I just have to wait long enough to get a great use out of this one so I don't hurt my wife's feelings. Does anyone here sell any RF stalks only? And like an assembly kit for lights and servos that fit their setup
  7. crumdum's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    338
    May 2, 2015, 12:56 PM - Re: getting started on my first build, #6

    Quote Doomkitten said: View Post
    i totally plan to order another helmet, after I finish the rest of the build... I just have to wait long enough to get a great use out of this one so I don't hurt my wife's feelings. Does anyone here sell any RF stalks only? And like an assembly kit for lights and servos that fit their setup
    You don't need to wait at all...say that is the one I want on display and I am making a different one with more compatible parts so I can better troop in it. It's all in how you explain it to the misses.

Similar Threads

  1. sidewinder Blaster on its way/build started
    By ICEmonkey in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Mar 9, 2013, 2:25 PM
  2. Getting started
    By BF514 in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Dec 16, 2012, 1:37 AM
  3. Getting started
    By Danni in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 28, 2010, 5:47 PM
  4. Getting started?
    By Broadway204 in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr 3, 2009, 7:11 PM
  5. I've started.
    By eon24 in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: Jun 11, 2008, 11:57 AM