Gauntlet decisions.....

Gauntlet decisions.....

Ok, so after trooping last weekend, and 2 days so far this weekend with day3 tomorrow in my ESB fett I realize it's way past time for a gauntlet upgrade.

Here is my delima...my current gauntlets are WAY to big for my forearms. I have to stick a 2in thick piece of foam in them and they still slide around, twist a bit on my arms, and get in the way of moving my hands/wrists.

For those of you with FP and/or MOW gauntlets, how do they fit? Do you have to pad the inside to keep them from moving around? Are they reasonably comfortable for 5+ hour troops? I'm trying to decide between the two and any help would be greatly appreciated.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Re: Gauntlet decisions.....

my MOW ones i have 1/2 padding on the underside and 1 inch on the top...I have average sized arms not huge or anything...the left gauntlet is a bit heavy...the resin is for sure heavier than what I thought it would be. I got the MOW before I knew about FP. Im sure someone will chime in with the FP stuff though.

From
    Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada

Re: Gauntlet decisions.....

This isn't going to be a huge amount of help but...
    I have FP gauntlets, personally I find the fit is pretty good, they will definitely need a little bit of padding but I don't think a huge amount and in all fairness I think unless you have overlarge forearms you will have to pad gauntlets no matter the maker. I found the weight on the FP ones to be quite comfortable feeling and I wore them for a good 4 or 5 hours at a wedding. I had the rotation problem as well since the wedding was my test run but with a little padding that problem will go.

Not much help, I realize, the only way you'll likely get a really good answer is from one of the guys that is lucky enough to have a pair from each maker.