Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jun 2004
    Jul 10, 2004, 2:03 AM - gauntlet darts #1

I'm working on my fett costume on a real tight budget, so I've been runnig all over the place looking for cheap materials. I went to a place called Cabela's, a large hunting and fiishing store, looking for possible blaster parts. What I found in the fishing section were a type of line weights called bullet weights. They come in different sizes from the size that would be about right for gauntlet darts to the size that would be right for boot spikes. They were kind of pricey there, so I checked and they have them at Walmart. I bought a pack to use for my gauntlet darts. There metal, the right shape, size and the pack was less than a dollar. Cheap and not as messy as a bic pen. Just thought I'd pass along my find.
  2. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Jul 10, 2004, 2:31 AM - Re: gauntlet darts #2

Can you post some pics?

3. Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Jul 10, 2004, 8:28 AM - Re: gauntlet darts #3

def. interested in some pics as well.
  4. Member Since
    Jun 2004
    Jul 10, 2004, 7:35 PM - Re: gauntlet darts #4

I don't know where to post the picts to. I ran across a thread on this when I was at work, and now that I'm at home I can't find it. I have a couple pics I took earlier today. Can someone post the link to the site where we can post pics, or pm me. I'll try to get the pics up later tonight or tomorrow some time. I'm making my own gauntlets out of fiberglass and just pulled the first set fom the mold, so I want time to sand them down and evalute them since this is the first time I've worked with fiberglass. So, it may be a little while before I can get back on here, but I'll post them as soon as I get a chance.
  5. Member Since
    May 2004
    Jul 11, 2004, 5:43 PM - Re: gauntlet darts #5

This is it (I hope)
    http://200.72.163.179/cdref/tdh/
    Cheers
  6. Member Since
    Jun 2004
    Jul 11, 2004, 10:48 PM - Re: gauntlet darts #6

here's the pict.

The weight is soft metal like all fishing weights. The pack has about 20 of them in it, so I've been trying different things on them. Here's a pic I know it's sloppy, but it's just play. It can be sanded, and lines can be cut into it with an exacto knife. They're not bad for a dollar. Here's the package.Oh, and thanks for the link. I added it to my favorites so I won't have to look for it again.