Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Aug 14, 2007, 2:57 PM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #151

Wow!! Everyone's gauntlets look amazing!!! ~hides mess~

Ahem, so I have a question... Can someone post a picture of the back end of the left gauntlet? I cannot figure it out! Or find a picture... It has the strange little cut out, and...I'm not really sure what's going on. Any help would be awesome!!!! PM's work too.

I'll post a picture of the right gaunt as soon as its cleaned up and less embarrassing looking... lol It's sturdy though! I can through it at the wall without worry.
    Aug 15, 2007, 3:41 PM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #152

thanxs Kasssh, thanxs Mojo...
    Violentyoda, this is a pic from a member (is he don't want I show this one, I will remove it...) is the only I have thats show the back of it...
    hope that help
    Sep 29, 2007, 9:56 AM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #153

What technique are you guys using to shape your cuffs. The greeble parts of the gauntlets are no big deal, but I cant figure out the clam shell. I get curled ends, warping etc.

Any pointers would be helpfull
    ciao
    mason
    Sep 29, 2007, 11:30 AM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #154

Hiya, If you are using 1mm Sintra? try cutting the clam shell shape with the 'grain' running lengthways - YES it has a grain of sorts... this will enable you to warm it through in hot water (not boiling) and keep the curl/form without deforming the sides..
    Sep 29, 2007, 2:15 PM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #155

Breaking out the building materials again, glad to see you finished the templates Alan.
    Sep 29, 2007, 6:22 PM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #156

Quote Mojo-Fett said: View Post
    Hiya, If you are using 1mm Sintra? try cutting the clam shell shape with the 'grain' running lengthways - YES it has a grain of sorts... this will enable you to warm it through in hot water (not boiling) and keep the curl/form without deforming the sides..
    That is awesome advice. Thanks didnt even think about the grain. Hmm. gonna have to try it with the other clamshell. You my friend. are awesome
    Sep 29, 2007, 6:26 PM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #157

Hey guys.. just a couple of updates, first the upper clamshell for the right Gauntlet, secondly the outer section to the right Gauntlet... More to follow when I have formed the lower clamshells (when I get the materials )
    Hay mojo, i noticed one one of your clamshells you did a slice and dice job then wrapped it. Did you use sintra and not cut all the way through, and just use that as a nice controlled bend then bondo it?

That seems like it would be the way to go, as long as your patient wiht the scoring
    Mar 2, 2008, 9:44 PM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #158

Ok, I'm still a relative newb to the world of Fett but try as I might I can't determine if these WOF gauntlet blueprints are for the ROTJ or ESB version. Because I'm going to have to make the ROTJ gauntlets.

Someone care to enlighten me? Without the lynching,

Thanks.
    Mar 2, 2008, 9:56 PM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #159

No worries, I just recently finished construction on my gauntlets using these patterns. All the parts are there in files if you want to do ESB or ROTJ.

Still have some work to do on them, but all in all they turned out pretty good. I'll try to get some better pictures

-Chris
    Mar 2, 2008, 11:35 PM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #160

I guess I didn't word that very well... I was interested in finding out exactly what the diffs are between the 2 versions. Sorry. No worries though, I'll keep lookin around.
    Last edited by Jango_Pat; Mar 2, 2008 at 11:57 PM.
    May 27, 2008, 1:15 PM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #161

bumping this back up... after shattering my fiberglass gauntlets pretty nicely, i decided to use these templates to build a replacement.

i've got the upper shell of the left gaunt almost done. i just have to do a bit more sanding to smooth out the bondo. it's looking great. these templates are very well done!!

i've taken a bunch of progress pics, but haven't pulled them off the camera yet. hopefully tonight i'll get them posted.
  12. Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Jul 16, 2008, 10:47 AM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #162

o.k. I have the blueprints, stencled, cut and so on. They look great so far thanks to your plans however I'm having difficulties with my abstract spacial reasoning... I can't seem to figure out the assembly of the gauntlet sleeves themselves. Any suggestions or directions would muchly appreciated
    Jul 16, 2008, 10:53 AM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #163

First off.. welcome aboard? maybe introduce yourself in the intro thread so that we know a little about ya etc...

Ok, you mean the lower clams?
    If you look at post #124 you will see how I did mine - 2 layers of 1mm foamex (or Sintra for USA) glued together then at both ends of the clam you have an extra 1mm thick shim part that glues to the inner surface to give the impression of depth...
    Jul 16, 2008, 11:13 AM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #164

Quote arjae said: View Post
    o.k. I have the blueprints, stencled, cut and so on. They look great so far thanks to your plans however I'm having difficulties with my abstract spacial reasoning... I can't seem to figure out the assembly of the gauntlet sleeves themselves. Any suggestions or directions would muchly appreciated
    if it's of any help, my progress thread is here:
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=25892

my progress has stalled as i change jobs, do some house work, etc... but there are some shots of how the pieces go together.
  15. Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Jul 16, 2008, 1:12 PM - Re: my apologies #165

Sorry, didn't mean to be rude. Hi, I'm Arjae. I'm experienced with costume design but technologically challenged (be kind, I just got e-mail last week). I've been working on my custom beskar'gam for the past month and a half and after a few difficulties, it's finally turning out the way I wanted...except the gauntlet sleeves. Using 1/8"sintra and I don't know how this little puzzle works...left over pieces
  16. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Aug 23, 2008, 9:32 AM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #166

hey, im new to all this and i will try to acquire sintra for the gauntlets if i can, but i need some help. i've never used sintra so, i hear its kinda like a football mouth guard in that u heat the sintra with hot water and shape it... am i correct? and the other thing is r there any templates that alan (WOF) has for Boba's gauntlets on his first post, cuz i think i missed em...
  17. Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Nov 12, 2008, 1:05 PM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #167

this may be a very silly question, but are the upper and lower clamshells of the one piece or are the left as two pieces and attacehd by some sort of clasp.... i've used the WoF blueprints for my helmet which turned out amazing, and im excited to start on the guantlets but need this figured out before i start out... thanks so much

Chris
  18. Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Nov 15, 2008, 5:57 PM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #168

WoF.... Your work is always amazing!
    Dec 18, 2008, 3:59 PM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #169

my admired wof............i preciate your work..........thank you........................and here is some of my progress.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00880[1].jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	160.9 KB 
ID:	29983  
    Feb 18, 2009, 1:41 AM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #170

finally getting around to starting mine, but im making them from cardboard...
    once i get some pics ill post

thanks a lot for the templates, you are the man
    -rudy
    Feb 18, 2009, 5:08 AM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #171

Hey guys. I'm working on my left gauntlet, and i found some parts that i'm not sure of where to put.
    I think i found the wide ones just now, used inside the gauntlets. But the long thin ones in the pics is a mystery for me.
    Can anyone identify these???
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
  22. Member Since
    May 2009
    May 11, 2009, 4:32 PM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #172

Just discovered these - might be teh answer to my gauntlet woes - still makes me fear them. Guess I won't know until I give it a shot. i really need info on how to put them together etc.
  23. May 18, 2009, 9:20 PM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #173

These are very thorough! My brain hurts looking at how intricate these Blue Prints are!
    Thanks!
    May 19, 2009, 7:41 AM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #174

Quote KoRn3000 said: View Post
    Hey guys. I'm working on my left gauntlet, and i found some parts that i'm not sure of where to put.
    I think i found the wide ones just now, used inside the gauntlets. But the long thin ones in the pics is a mystery for me.
    Can anyone identify these???
    Thanks
    Hey bud,

The 2 curved parts are for the inside of the gauntlets, there should be 2 of each? the smaller ones are glued to the inner rim (around the wrist) these are to give the impression of thicker material...
    The other 2 strips are I believe to be for the Flamethrower?
    May 19, 2009, 10:55 AM - Re: Gauntlet blueprints #175

Hey bud,

The 2 curved parts are for the inside of the gauntlets, there should be 2 of each? the smaller ones are glued to the inner rim (around the wrist) these are to give the impression of thicker material...
    The other 2 strips are I believe to be for the Flamethrower?
    Hey Gav.
    Thanks for the reply, but i managed to figure this out the day after i posted the question. I forgot that i posted this.