Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Gauntlet blueprints

Re: Gauntlet blueprints

Hello,

Not to worry I haven't forgotten the gauntlets just needed a break to work on the Fett helmet and clone blaster blueprints. I should be getting back to these in the next few days. Stay tuned.

Alan

From
    The miserable mill

*accidently bumps into Alan at the store*

oh hey? what's up. make anything cool lately?

sorry with all the success with your previous works I am very excited about this

-=QuinN!

I know, I know. I have been a bit preoccupied lately. I really need to get back to these, I'll see what I can to to finish them up.

Been a busy week for me I got my KOTOBUKIYA Boba Fett Figure and my Webley casting from Sidewinder and I became a father all in the same week.

Alan

From
    The miserable mill

As I read, congrats.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showt...467#post180467

I have finally finished the drawings for the Jango gauntlets (see the link above) so if you interested take a look and let me know what you think. Also take a second look at the Boba gauntlets drawings in the first post. I am getting ready to finally start on the templates. Hopefully that will go faster that the drawings have.

Thanks,

Alan

cool. now I can start the sculping using the blue prints. Hey where do you get sintra? I hear it's easy to work with is it found at a lowes, menards or home depot? I don't think I can get away doing fiberglass. I hear the fumes are dangerously toxic. I have a minor in art as related to sculpting so this would be the cheapest route for me. If I get a handle on it though I will be making a butt load for each suitHMMMM I figure a rotj, jango,ESB, what if fett had huge freaking predator like blades, or wrist blaster, huge armore war guantlet things .... The possibilities are endless... so where do you get sintra?

YES got my money back from my auction. Sculpture when to the trash after minimal work. Ruffkin thanks you are gonna save me loads of work. Now i can put my artistic talents into the finishing of the guantlets.

Well as I stated in the Jango gauntlet thread I have started drawing the flat patterns for the gauntlets. The long wait is almost over.

Alan

YESSSS!!!

I can't wait, and I'm sure they will rock.

incredible, as always

UPDATE! 9/14/06

I have added a new pic to the first post. It is the 1st gauntlet to be built with my new gauntlet templates. I took the templates and made all the pieces in AutoCAD and then I assembled them just like I would if they were made out of real material. The purpose was to make sure that all the pieces fit and that when assembled that they actually look like a Fett gauntlet. if you look close you can see where the pieces fit together in some places.

The next step will be to construct a cardboard mock-up to double check. Once that is complete I will be posting the first set of gauntlet templates for download.

So let me know what you think.

Alan

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

And an AutoCAD version for me right?

Don't get me wrong, Ruffkin's gauntlets are great, but I want to scratch build every part of my costume!

Looks awesome, WOF! Looks like everything fits together nicely. I can't wait for these!

From
    Richmond, KY

Oooooh...I want. I want badly.

Can't wait!!

Hurray! They look great- just in time too as I really need to get started on mine for Halloween. Mine will more than likely be cardboard....

From
    The miserable mill

that render is exciting

I have added a render of the right gauntlet 3D model to the first post. I still need to do some tweaking but the hard part is done. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Alan

OK! I have updated the first post again and here is the first look at the gauntlet templates. These have been the hardest piece of Fett hardware to document; even the jet pack was easy by comparison. They are not finished yet and I still need to test them by building moc-ups, but they are nearly there. Once they are complete the scratch building can begin.

Alan

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Those look great!! I can't wait until I see them finished. You also have Jango to look forward to

From
    The miserable mill

ssaaaaaa--weeeeeeettttt

Awesome!! Those templates look great. Pretty soon there won't be anything else to make templates for.

From
    chico, ca

hey great Autocad work. I'm in my 2nd year workingwith the program, (mainly residential housing design) and plan on making templates for TDH users. I'll make a post when i make the templates.

Re: blueprints

Hello, can anyone help me here? Im in need of blueprints with measurements for everything for a jango AND a boba fett costume.

Im a 501st SL, SL-8582 from garrison titan, and the STT,
    And looking into moving into a fett costume. Im looking at working on a jango first as the paint is easier than boba.

Please email me, or pm me any links you might have.

Thanks

Also, I have a rubies RSDV cloak Id be willing to trade for some fett parts. I have a line on the helmet and armor, but still need basically everything else. Im (if I can get detailed blue prints with measurements) going to make the jango parts out of aircraft aluminum for a more authentic look.

Let me know,

Thanks

DM

I am currently developing Jango gauntlet template as well as Boba. Here is the thread;

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=14571

Keep an eye on that thread as I will be upadting when they are ready fo posting.

If I can be of any help just let me know.

Alan
    Last edited by wizardofflight; Oct 22, 2006 at 6:07 PM.

Im looking for actuall measurements if I can get them. This way I can make the flat layout of the pieces and do the folds, shrinking and stretching the metal as necessary. your blue prints are very nice, but have no measurments to them, which is what I need! if you had a measurement for each line on the blue prints they would be perfect! The only add to that might be add angles to them, where needed.

Without actuall measurements,... pictures dont help much. And you have to do alot of guessing, and create alot of waste trying to get it right.