Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Nov 11, 2008, 11:59 AM - Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #1

UPDATE 11/17/08

RUN CANCELED as there was not enough interest (at least 20); may revist later.

Hi all,

Recently we were able to get our hands on a real Michell's turntable piece, aka Adjustment Knob, for a commissioned ESB RocketPack built and painted by Darthmiller.
    Since there are a few of us here locally that wanted a copy, we had our CNC machinist make us all accurate copies...

Well after speaking with those involved, we have decided to "gauge interest" to see if there are others that may want a copy as well, as there are many of us that won't get their hands on a real piece.

• This is one SOLID Aluminum piece...as this was the easiest way to reproduce it. So in terms of accuracy the Size and Shape are 100% spot on as you can see.
    Unfortunately it does not have the top section that screws off, as that would have made our costs go up to replicate that one feature.......personally it's close enough for me.

**Or if you want we can see if our machinist can do the two part feature on the knobs?? but I'm sure the cost will go up if we add that.

• We are looking at about 30-35$ shipped (estimated)...and we are about 2 months away from even doing a run, again if there's enough interest.
    If there is no interest (at least 20-25) then we will delete this thread.

Thoughts??...and Interests please.

WILL LEAVE THIS THREAD OPEN TILL SUNDAY 11/16th/08

INTEREST:
    1. Mojo-Fett
    2. SEEKER
    3. Bobamaker
    4. asok
    5. Darth_Nickel
    6. KaanE
    7. Grifter
    8. rdhawk
    9. stormtrooperguy
    10. Seven#1
    11. Seven#2
    12. cojake
    13. Novalltalon
    14. deadland
    15. FettFanatic
    16. BobaFettSlave1

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Spideyfett; Nov 17, 2008 at 8:44 AM.
    Nov 11, 2008, 12:05 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #2

Sounds interesting... 8)
    Nov 11, 2008, 12:10 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #3

interested
    Nov 11, 2008, 12:10 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #4

Put me down.
  5. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Nov 11, 2008, 12:32 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #5

Interested
    Nov 11, 2008, 1:32 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #6

Interested.
    Nov 11, 2008, 1:43 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #7

As that detail should be the same on a Kast pack as a Fett one (I assume, my TEOD comic should be here soon for reference), I'm interested.
    Nov 11, 2008, 2:09 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #8

Is that the image of a replica or the real one? If it's the replica, can you take a picture of them side by side to the real deal?

Thanks man
    Arturo
    Nov 11, 2008, 2:12 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #9

i'd be up for that. mine's the wrong size.
  10. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Nov 11, 2008, 2:20 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #10

Quote SEEKER said: View Post
    Is that the image of a replica or the real one? If it's the replica, can you take a picture of them side by side to the real deal?
    Thanks man
    Arturo
    No, that's the finished one... and plenty of comparisons coming...if the interest is there.

Initially we took measurements from Steve Sansweets gun (thanks Steve)...and determined that the one at the tip of his Pre-Pro Supertrooper gun was of a different model, as it was waaay too short...the measurements matched otherwise, just a different height...as measured with a Digital Caliper/ Micrometer...
    Nov 11, 2008, 2:27 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #11

Quote Spideyfett said: View Post
    No, that's the finished one... and plenty of comparisons coming...if the interest is there.

Initially we took measurements from Steve Sansweets gun (thanks Steve)...and determined that the one at the tip of his Pre-Pro Supertrooper gun was of a different model, as it was waaay too short...the measurements matched otherwise, just a different height...as measured with a Digital Caliper/ Micrometer...

Nice! bring it on! This is why is I've been waiting to finish off my ESB.

yyyeeeeeaaahhhh!!
    Nov 11, 2008, 2:48 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #12

I'm pretty happy with mine, but if its from the real measurements I'm in. Here's a picture of mine compare to the real deal. Thanks to Braks for the comparison with the quarter.

Spidey - dont mind the images, I'm just a little excited.

Nov 11, 2008, 2:53 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #13

What's a Quarter.... .... just kidding.

Count me in for one please.

DAZ

I'm pretty happy with mine, but if its from the real measurements I'm in. Here's a picture of mine compare to the real deal. Thanks to Braks for the comparison with the quarter.

Nov 11, 2008, 2:58 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #14

Quote bobamaker said: View Post
    What's a Quarter.... .... just kidding.

Count me in for one please.

DAZ

When are you guys gonna switch to US meaurements and stuff? It would make the world a little easier.

15. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Nov 11, 2008, 3:09 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #15

That looks awesome Turo!!

We had to buy a new knurling tool to get the top just right......the cross-hatch was way to wide...

Here's another shot to help determine the width and size on a MOW pack of the over all piece and how it looks once mounted.....it's allot wider than previous makers have made, that's for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Spideyfett; Nov 11, 2008 at 3:58 PM.
    Nov 11, 2008, 3:15 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #16

When are you guys gonna switch to US measurements and stuff? It would make the world a little easier.
    Metric is way easier...
    Nov 11, 2008, 3:17 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #17

We had to buy a new knurling tool to get the top just right......the cross-hatch was way to wide...
    So what size did ya go for Alex, the size in your second pic looks like the course tool. So I assume you went with the fine?
  18. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Nov 11, 2008, 3:19 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #18

Quote Mojo-Fett said: View Post
    So what size did ya go for Alex, the size in your second pic looks like the course tool. So I assume you went with the fine?
    Honestly.. I have no Idea!!...our machinist had the final say..plus I sux at this kinda stuff, I just paint the stuff.
    Nov 11, 2008, 3:29 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #19

Honestly.. I have no Idea!!...our machinist had the final say..plus I sux at this kinda stuff, I just paint the stuff.
    No probs...
    Nov 11, 2008, 5:43 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #20

i'd be interested in two
    Nov 11, 2008, 5:53 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #21

I am interested in one.
  22. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Nov 11, 2008, 6:30 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #22

Put me down for one.
    Nov 11, 2008, 6:54 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #23

Put me down as well.
    Nov 11, 2008, 8:23 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #24

I'm in for one. Thanks.
    Nov 11, 2008, 8:59 PM - Re: Gauging Interest: Stabilizer (aka Adjustment Knob) #25

count me in for atleast one