Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    May 18, 2012, 6:29 AM - Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #1

How's everyone doing? Ok so with having a baby coming this next month I'm really pushing to finish up the last little touches of my Fett "This being the EE-3" I was hoping to get one of the better kits out there but have to start getting things ready if you know what I mean. So I was thinking to myself why not just get the hasbro, now when I first thought about doing this thing I thought " it's just gonna take way to much for this thing to look good enough to take out" and with the money I've spent on my suit this in my eyes is one of the main points of the Fett. So then I decided "hey with the things I have laying around and a few bucks more I could turn this into a half way decent blaster but its gonna take alot of work". The creative juices started flowing and some really great idea's came to mind, so yes my friends it is on! This will be a full mod not one where I will just be extending the barrel and making a bigger longer stock but gonna rework the hole thing over. Here is a list of what I will be doing.

-Doing a all new barrel with new T-Tracks

-Removing the scope and adding the proper on

-Making the base of the blaster wider for an overall bigger look

-Putting on a proper size bracket and handle

-Filling in all seam lines and covering all screws that are not to be seen

Ok then on to the pic"s

The choping block
    [IMG][/IMG]
    here I just want to cut the hole thing down so that I could start reworking everything

the first thing I did was do a little sanding to the trigger to give it a better look and fill
    [IMG][/IMG]
    came out pretty nice I thinks

after that I decided to go ahead and start working on the barrel. I picked up a piece of PVC pipe 1-1.5 I do believe and cut it to 8'
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I then covered up the ends and added the (orange tip to it- sorry can't remember what its called off the top of my head)

[IMG][/IMG]
    Still needing to order my T-Tracks so this part is on hold for the time being

Next I moved on to the part in between the but of the gun and the barrel, here just working on filling in seam lines. I was thinking about adding a piece of sheet styrene to make it abit wider but opted not to because it would make to barrel way to small.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    A little putty?

[IMG][/IMG]
    didnt take a pic of the sanded piece but you get the picture

After that is all sanded down I worked on covering up the ends of each side
    [IMG][/IMG]
    This was done because when cutting this piece away from the barrel there was a big hole and the PVC piping had nothing to connect to.

Next I moved on to the but of the gun " if anyone wants to chime in and give me the correct tirm for this please do (fill like I'm starting to sound like a retard lol!)"
    [IMG][/IMG]
    So then I removed the detail on the side (that just wont do, gonna redo them)

Also removed the back part of the main part " WOW did that not make any sence to anyone else haha"
    [IMG][/IMG]
    After looking a pic's of the Master replica I noticed that it was a bit rounder not just flat, so gonna rework that also

Just got a new piece in the mail
    [IMG][/IMG]
    My new bracket based off the Webley, also just ordered my stock from Woodman so when that gets here I will be able to start working on that.

This is gonna be a slow process but I think with a little time and determination I think it will turn out to be a pretty good looking blaster. I will keep updating as things go a long and I hope anyone else out there that is looking for a blaster but is in the same boat as myself, I hope this helps.

Chris
  2. Member Since
    Oct 2010
    May 18, 2012, 7:42 AM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #2

Wow Chris.

I made a couple of Hasbros into more realistic looking guns just using paint but you're really going all-out aren't you?
    Are you trying to mod it so that it comes up to normal scale or are you just making the pieces more accurate to the prop?

Good luck with it anyhow, you're obviously handy and determined. Should be a good build.
    May 18, 2012, 9:35 AM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #3

Chris- I've been thinking about to doing this exact thing. I'll be following this for sure. Can't wait to see how it turns out!
    Are you planning on tossing the electronics or keeping them?
    When we all get done with our Fett builds, we should meet up at the Alamo for a pic session...
    May 18, 2012, 4:05 PM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #4

Bill my good man doing both, gonna give it a normal scale size but also gonna make it a more accurate prop
    May 18, 2012, 4:08 PM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #5

dechels- I opted not to keep the electronics. For sure about that pic session.

Chris
    May 18, 2012, 11:27 PM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #6

Sweet.....i will most definately be following this.................
    Jun 7, 2012, 8:21 AM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #7

yep i will be following too, half way through mine whilst doing my gaunts, but the gaunts take priority at the monent, cant wait to see more.
    Jun 8, 2012, 2:39 AM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #8

Ok guys and gals been truckin away at this bad boy. I got alot done so far. To this point I managed to get the back part of the blaster glued to the D bracket ( this was not one of my brighter moments) when doing this I wanted to add more weight to it so I lined the back part of the D bracket with a strip of sheet styrine so that I could fill in the handle of the gun I used 5 min epoxy well for some reason I didn't mix the epoxy together before I applyed it well needless to say it was a mess haha!! Managed to get it all cleaned out and did it right the 2nd time.

- - - Updated - - -

With that done I was able to move on to making the piece that covers the trigger.

Jun 8, 2012, 2:48 AM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #9

Also recieved a few items from a few different places (members, the bay, ect...)

now one thing I'm kind of at a lose about is the overall barrel of the EE-3 the member that I ordered my T-tracks from informed me when ordering them that his MR EE-3 the barrel is I think he said 9 1/2 inchs long? Well I have been following TK409's measurements and those being the barrel at 8' so not to sure who is right but to late to turn back now.

- - - Updated - - -

The scope is also just a cheap one I got off ebay for $10.
    Jun 8, 2012, 2:52 AM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #10

The last pic is just a test run of everything set side by side to see how its looking the T-tracks still need to be cut down. But overall very pleased with how its looking so far.

Thanks for looking and will be adding more pic's soon just managed to put the other part of the handle on today so I should have a few more shots of it up here in the next day or to.

Chris
    Jun 8, 2012, 10:45 AM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #11

beauty of a job. looks great!!!! i like the longer barrel length
    Jun 9, 2012, 9:04 PM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #12

WOW! i'll be checking in on this one. I've volunteered to repaint a Hasbro for my 6 year old nephew for his Fett costume. I'm particularly interested in the paint job. Good work! Keep at it. Congrats on the baby on the way!
    Jun 20, 2012, 10:46 AM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #13

Ok so I've pretty much got it all put together minus a few things but getting close to laying some paint on this bad boy. Enjoy

Chris

sorry for the bad pic's
    Jun 21, 2012, 5:07 PM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #14

Chris, Awesome job! Can't wait to see it painted up with the stock attached. I'm thinking of trying this for and ESB. Keep up the good work.
    Jun 24, 2012, 12:46 PM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #15

Nice job! You really stripped that down to the bones. It's going to look great with the stock attached.
    Jun 24, 2012, 4:37 PM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #16

Thanks guys means alot, just laid down some primer on the blaster the only thing I need now is the stock (which should be here soon) and then hopefully will be able to finish this bad boy up so I can move on to other things haha.

Chris
    Jul 19, 2012, 5:10 PM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #17

It's been a min since I have posted anything on this (had to wait on the stock to arive) but managed to get it attach to the rest of the blaster and just now finished priming the hole thing up so here in the next day or two hoping to throw down some black and then on to the weathering. Let me know what you think

[IMG][/IMG]

thanks for looking

Chris
    Last edited by Army; Jul 20, 2012 at 6:42 AM.
    Jul 20, 2012, 5:25 AM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #18

Nice!

But i still wonder why you call it a mod if you make nearly everything new. XD
    Jul 20, 2012, 6:44 AM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #19

Wow! Do you mind posting where & who you bought all the parts from to make this? Or maybe in a PM? Going to do the same mod & really like your tutorial!
    Jul 20, 2012, 6:53 AM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #20

Haha I guess you do have a point at this stage it really has gone beyond the point of a mod. I was just wanting to show that u could save a few buck by doing it up yourself thats all.

Chris

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah sure thing I would have no problem showing all the parts and the makers,places that I got all the stuff to do this. Will get that up for people in the next day.

Chris
    Jul 20, 2012, 4:20 PM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #21

Ok so here is a list of everything that I have bought for this:

Hasbro EE-3 blaster $10 on sale walmart
    1-1.5 PVC pipe cut to 8' $3 (Home depot)
    13 T-tracks bought from (Marv of RS Prop master)$40 shipped
    D bracket (ebay) $20
    4x20 scope (ebay) $10 shipped
    Woodman Stock $45 shipped
    stock geebles custom made $2
    Glue and paint $20

so total I would say about $150 was spent on this so not bad I do say so myself

Chris
    Jul 22, 2012, 3:33 AM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #22

So managed to pretty much finsh this bad boy up, still have a little bit of some dry brushing to do and a few touch up's here and there and still have to seal it up with a satin finish (will be doing that tomorrow) I will be calling it a day on this. It was great working on this and I hope I was able to help other people who cant really afford to buy one of the better kits out there with something that is just as good. Thanks for all the support guys and gals if anyone is going to take on the task of doing this build (not calling it a mod anymore because it pretty much is building a hole blaster lol) please fill free to shoot me a PM I'm more then willing to help any way I can. Ok then on to the pictures

Here's what we started off with.

and here it is with a little sugar, spice and everything nice

Thanks again to everyone who provided parts to help me complete this had a great time doing it. Also would like to know how my blaster compairs to other ones out there. Thanks again

Chris
    Jul 22, 2012, 3:49 PM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #23

Holy frak! That is amazing. Spot on with the paint job too! Going to do this build after my vacation. Thanks for posting all the info
    Jul 22, 2012, 6:01 PM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #24

Grinch- thanks alot and not a problem bro. When u start building it make sure u do up a thread

Chris
  25. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jul 22, 2012, 6:35 PM - Re: Full on Hasbro EE-3 Blaster Mod (Pic heavy) #25

I dunno seems like you made a smaller blaster a little bigger, Id like to see it next to an actual full size replica, the main body is smaller I know for sure as I have one of these for my wifes Female Boba...Id say to get some replica scope rings as you used the ones that came with the scope you got...I feel like for a little more $$ you could have gotten a Replica kit and had a full sized Semi accurate blaster though this works and Im sure you enjoyed building it your just going to want to upgrade it in the future basically wasting time and money