Got some new parts the other day! (It's been a long time. . . I've been saving $$$ lately ) I got some vac-formed FP knee armor and a cod piece.
Here's some pics of the knee parts being assembled. I didn't take any pics of the pieces in their "raw" form, as I'm sure most everyone is familiar with what vac-pulls look like. Clean up didn't take much time at all. The parts are reeeaaaally nice pulls! Very clean and shaped very well.
There are 3 parts for each knee; the main knee pad, the inner flat rectangle part, and the outer dart housing. I followed FP's tutorial (sent to me by the individual I bought the parts from), making sure to get each part shaped correctly, then assembly was pretty simple! I used some styrene shims to brace the connections a bit, and secured the parts with super glue. They will be reinforced later with some epoxy.
I still have to form the dents. I'm just looking for some type of tool the right shape to press the dents in once I heat up the plastic.
More pics as I start painting!