Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

FP Armor - Version 3

From
    Massachusetts

Re: FP Armor - Version 3

Man... why're you doing this to me Chris.... this is KILLING me... ughh....

May have to seriously consider selling V2 to fund V3... man... thought I was done after selling V1 to fund V2.

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Andy. PayPal sent. However by PayPal says it will be cleared on the 11th.

From
    UK

fettpride said: View Post
    Gavin - The old shoulder bell mold - gave me a headache. Pitched it, and started sculpting a new set Those bells, as with the chest armor ... are MUCH more curved/curled than ppl think. The V.2 bells just didn't have it. Therefore, the ESB dent, just wasn't fitting right. T'was easier to just start fresh, like I did everything else. Why not ? I'll have a vac'd pull to show by tomorrow sometime
    No worries Chris...
    I'm sure the re-mould is gonna look great!

From
    Horten, Norway

FP PM sent.

webchief said: View Post
    thought I was done after selling V1 to fund V2.
    *points*

From
    Southern Cali

I didn't make the sought after list. Any drop out let me know.

From
    S.F. Bay Area California USA

Spideyfett said: View Post
    I have to say...I recieved a set of this armor already for a special project....and I still have yet to take my eyes off of it........

I think every detail is perfect....
    and you can really tell there's a huge difference from V.2 vs V.3...a Better Difference.

LOVE the Butt/ Kidney Plate.:thumbup

And seriouly 250$????!! what a steal bro...

I can't wait to start painting!!
    Man,
    I wish I was your neighbor Alex. I would be there everyday...

From

webchief said: View Post
    Man... why're you doing this to me Chris.... this is KILLING me... ughh....

May have to seriously consider selling V2 to fund V3... man... thought I was done after selling V1 to fund V2.
    Dude!
    I know what you're going through my brotha! and Xmas is near.

From
    Horten, Norway

PM sent.

From
    Canada, on the planet of Hoth.

Chris,
    Payment sent, pm sent for shipping cost.

Would these be shipped here (up North) for Xmas?

if not no worries!! just to have a ESB set (w/dented knees) is all I ask! woohoo!!
    Last edited by Sixxgunn13; Dec 10, 2007 at 7:30 PM.

From

Hey FP....PM SENT...Bro!

From
    UK

Hey Chris, any updates yet buddy?

Gav

From
    Massachusetts

FettOfficer said: View Post
    I know what you're going through my brotha! and Xmas is near.
    Yeah, no kidding. It always seems to be like that... right before Christmas people come out with the cool stuff I want but can't afford at the time.

fettpride, could you please check your pm's and get back with me. thanks appreciate it.

From
    Sweden

PP sent! All I need now is the shipping cost

Oh, and Id like to get ROTJ and knees w/dents please

Thanks, FP!

Mojo-Fett said: View Post
    Hey Chris, any updates yet buddy?

Gav
    As a matter of fact ...

Ok guys. Unfortunately we just had our first delay. Shoulder bells. They dominated my sorry butt for the last 5 days. And I was sick to boot
    So I didn't get much of anything else done. For that I apologize. to those that have impending shipments, I also apologize. I will be utilizing the next 3 days to catch up on those orders. No further delay. But the armor orders are going to get hit a little bit over this. I may not be able to get quite as many out before Christmas. But I will do my BEST anyway. I might surprise you. Realistically I figured I could get 10 out before then. I think I should still be able to do at least that. Hopefully with what I'm posting, you might feel that it's worth the small delay for me to pay attention to one last detail for you guys. Every time I thought I was done, I made a temporary mold (part of the process of making a vac mold) and then noticed something still wrong, and do it again. I did this 6 times ! And, I have pictures to PROVE it

I would have never thought, in a million years, that I would let myself get enveloped in trying to perfect lousy shoulder bells to the extent that I did They drove me 10 ways to crazy. Are they geometric? Are they Angled? Are they round? Grrrrrrrrrrrr .... the photo reference indicates one thing, video indicates another. And thanks to Spideyfett, I was able to confirm what I feared was true. And that is, they're a little bit of EVERYTHING

Until now, anyone I know that makes these things (myself included) have taken a 2 dimensional approach to them. Six sided, and barely con-caved in contrast to the screen worn. They're almost ridiculously compounded in just about every direction, yet they still have angles. Most of what shows up in photo reference are the angles. That in turn, throws us way off. I've always known there was something wrong with my bells. They look pretty good straight on. But to the right, or left of that, or any other angle or direction, they lose it. Now I understand why So not to try and make a big deal out of something so small, here goes. Love them, or hate them ... they are what they are. And remember, if you like them, you saw them here first

It should also be noted, that the dents are different from the V.2 as well. When I get a free minute I'll post what the dented bells for each version look like in comparison to the new. I didn't have any movie specific dented bells at the time of the pictures. Just a plain bell. What I can say for sure, is that the ROTJ dents are MUCH, MUCH more shallow. They're barely impressions in the plastic. As it is on the real suit. The ESB, well, the main blast dent on the right bell, is still up to interpretation because of lack of reference (sorry guys). I can see some detail inside the dent, but not all of it. Sometimes the big blast dent looks huge, sometimes it looks smaller. I split the difference. I hope you like my "interpretation"

First the plain bell comparison between old and new. Looks pretty harmless, right? Pretty close between the two, right?

Nuh, uh. These things appear to be around the same size as the old, but they're not. They're huge !, They "wrap" around the shoulder, literally. So this explains why in some pics, they appear flat, with straight angled lines, and some, they appear almost bulb-ish. I was never able to match up my bells to the following angles ... this time, at least I got close

There is one other updated detail that I will post later this evening. Then, I'm out for 3 days of catch up. Then this weekend, it's kicking armored butt.

Thanks to everyone for their patience !

FP
    Last edited by fettpride; Dec 11, 2007 at 11:19 PM.

Glad you feel better..and we are all in good hands with you.

From
    Chicago, IL

Nice updates on the bells. what a difference!!!

From
    Roanoke, TX

Holy MOLEY!!

Good work on those shoulders bro!

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Great job FP!! I can't wait until my set comes in!

wow, i never thought i'd be impressed by a shoulder!

From
    Dighton, MA

Thats some great comparison work there, FP. Love the new knees and shoulders. Wish I could order those from you right now but I still haven't started on my V2 set yet and can't justify buying both V3 AND the FPH at the same time. At least now I know what I'm looking for in details so thanks again.

From
    Irvine, CA

Those new shoulders are a definite improvement...
    and maybe I'm late in noticing this...but seeing the complex curvature on the new Boba chest pieces I now think Jango's armor has direct lineage to Boba's. Jango's armor has a very similar curvature to what you sculpted there, FP. Obviously Jango's is not an unmodified direct cast off of Boba's, but it could be a trimmed version of Boba's armor.

Foxbatkllr said: View Post
    Obviously Jango's is not an unmodified direct cast off of Boba's, but it could be a trimmed version of Boba's armor.
    I believe this as well. The "Buckethead" video confirms it to an extent. Jango pre-production, showed a left gauntlet with the calc pad spot on it, as well as an obvious soft detail "boba" right gauntlet. The chest pieces appeared to be "boba" as well. They most likely "modified all of those castings to fit the new "millennium" look they were shooting for. And the chest pieces, well, there's no reason they couldn't have just simply been trimmed. I took one of my plates recently and trimmed it to match the screen cast jango plate that I have. And sure enough, it was doable. About a half inch all the way around, and of course changing the shape in the process. If I can find it in my "pile" out there, I'd be happy to share it.

But what's MORE important to me as a "Boba" guy in all this Jango talk , is where exactly did they get the castings of the "Boba" parts anyway? Personally I can't see that they would have spent time re-inventing the wheel and re-creating those parts. Even 3d scan like they did the ROTS Vader bucket. So does that mean they cast a couple of archive items? And if so, that could mean there ARE molds of the armor floating around I think about this scenario all the time And what about the jet pack? Good grief lucy ... it makes me tingle a 'lil bit Unfortunately though, it's been said that when they wrapped up production for Episode II, that most of the molds in the prop dept. were destroyed. Not sure how reliable this is. You can never be sure of anyone these days.

FP

From
    UK

Great updates FP.. bells looking really good!
    Cannot wait to get mine...