Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

FP Armor - Version 3

Re: FP Armor - Version 3

Wow ! Sorry guys ! Looks like I passed out after din din tonight !

My apologies for not getting more up here this evening I feel like I let ya down ...

More today, at the very least. I suppose I was more exhausted than even I thought Hang in there !

Sign up list is, well right here !!! Just wanted to make sure that everyone gets enough of a visual
    before they dive in

FP

From
    UK

Well... consider me 'dived' in treading water and wearing arm bands to boot!

From
    Chicago, IL

This is it. Let me know when you start makingthe list. I'm there!

INSANE!

From
    Sweden

I`m interested in getting on the list for this. I just want to know what the price will be?

Will this kit include cod piece, chest plates, back plate, collar piece and shoulder plates?

Thanks for doing this, dude, you do awesome work.

Same here, as I told you the other day , I'm still interested, just need to confirm the details (prices, etc), and we'll be ready to go.

Once again, thanks for making this possible.

FP you KNOW i'm interested, the pictures look outstanding and you've outdone yourself AGAIN!! Thanks for sharing this with us bud and great work!!

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

FP, i hate you.... lol, i kid. looking awesome! i'm not sure if i'm going to get in on a full set this time around though. i'm still a whole lot of self motivation away from finishing the set of V2 i got back in april. poop.... i'm still in for a set of rubber knees. i wants me some of that!!!

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Can't wait to hear more information

From
    Oklahoma City

FP this armor looks amazing. You said it might not look like what we are use to seeing, but I think it looks spot on from all the reference pictures I have seen. Awesome job on this. Please put me on the signup list for a complete ESB set when you start making them available.

I was wondering if you were going to do the center diamond like your v2 set with the metal piece set in from behind? I thought that looked great. I can't wait to see more pics.

From
    michigan

fettpride said: View Post
    Wow ! Sorry guys ! Looks like I passed out after din din tonight !

My apologies for not getting more up here this evening I feel like I let ya down ...

More today, at the very least. I suppose I was more exhausted than even I thought Hang in there !

Sign up list is, well right here !!! Just wanted to make sure that everyone gets enough of a visual
    before they dive in

FP
    chris,

man u NEVER let anyone down!
    u need some rest man!!!

after all u have done for us fett heads over time......i think whenever u hit a bump in the road or things get delayed longer than u want always means one thing. you out did yourself again! :thumbup

From
    Ft. Worth, TX

man...you know I want on this list!!!

What will be the freight on these beauties? You can PM if you dont want to list FP.

From
    Roanoke, TX

I want on the list as well!!!

Thanks for the comps guys !!

Lets get this party started !

First, the little surprises. Yes? Then the changes that were made to V.3 a little later. As well A few comps to V.2.

I've already been asked about how on earth are members going to attach their knee darts. My canned response was ... "Got it covered"

First, let me just address the new knees. I'm a firm believer that the original Fett knees were one piece vacuum formed. Period. There was some evidence of a knee guard being separate pieces, but I don't buy it. I believe this was a broken and "repaired" knee guard. There is plenty of substantial evidence that they were one piece formed. Such as the "webbing" between the front knee cap portion and the dart housing where they come together for instance, which if you haven't already noticed ... I replicated There is only one way to do this, and that is to form the whole knee in one piece. Why? Because the webbing is the product of failure to suck the plastic down into such a tiny little area. That's my take on it, and until further evidence or proof is presented, I'm sticking to it It's taken me 6 years to figure out how to make the dag-gone vac mold to do it ... and it's probably the most complex vac mold I've ever made ... but I think I proved that it can be done. For ILM, it must have been pure accident So why the "lead-in" ?

Darts. How to attach darts. Without them tearing the plastic apart if they get hooked on something (or a little kid runs runs into you at a con, and rips them off ). If the knees were separate pieces, this could explain why they've lasted for 30 years, because they could have had solid resin housings, like some makers have produced in past. But I still don't subscribe to that. So the whole idea is to mount the darts in a fashion that reinforces them too. My V.1 knees had inset sockets to mount the darts. WRONG. I've always sort of known it, but never could think of anything better. Until now. It's as simple, as simple gets. DON'T ask me how I came up with it

K, so follow me here ...

There are indentations on the outside of the vac formed dart housing. Pic #1. This is where you will cut holes to fit YOUR particular darts. So ... "Size matter not" anymore But what holds them in place?

An ultra light, virtually unbreakable resin support insert. Pic #2. This resin support insert, has matching indentations that line up PERFECTLY to the outside marks. Pic #3. With this support insert, you will drill holes to match the diameter of YOUR darts. Once you have matching holes in both the vac formed knee shell, and the support insert, the insert can be glued/epoxied inside of the dart housing, and then your darts can be fitted from the outside , and epoxied into place. VERY simple really. One thing is for sure, the darts will never rip the housing apart this way At any rate, these will be included with every kit.

Next on the agenda ... center chest diamond. I'm a firm believer that this was vac formed too. Let us not forget, that these guys were CHEAP when they were in pre-production ... because they HAD TO BE on such a tight budget. So I went back to the old days of my V.1 armor with this. Refreshed of course. Bo more resin. Unless you REALLY want one

But the cool thing, isn't as much the diamond, as it is the insert that will be included this time around. It's been known for quite some time that there was an actual insert glued into place. Including pieces of sheet steel with the V.2 to back the diamond, was a temporary solution to the following ..

Each kit will include this cold cast insert. (will not need to be polished). The trick to more difficult than it looks. Vacuum forming small detailed areas like that of the center rectangle of the diamond, teild very SOFT detail. Mor rounded on the inside, nothing flat to glue an inster into. So I devised a "stamp" to stamp a nice crisp "bed" for lack of a better term .. for the insert to sit flat inside and be affixed to.

Next up .... the ab plate detail. If you take a peek at the Super Troopes pics (white pre-pro Fett), you can see shining metal throw the three holes on the ab plate (as well as the center diamond by the way). They're not painted silver, that's for sure So again, a cold cast insert that you can glue to the inside of the ab plate after you've painted and detailed your ab plate.

K, that's about it for the time being. I've got to go and get dinner and play liek a human being for a couple of hours This itme I won't pas out.

Oh, wait .. one more thing ... "Your wish, is my command" .....

And I'm not ignoring anyone about details on the armor ... I will post all of that here pretty quick. As well as put up the list of members down for this run. Payments in advance, reserve your slot.

FP

FP
    Last edited by fettpride; Dec 2, 2007 at 10:41 AM.

From
    Beattyville, KY

im down pending price

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Very clever with the knees

From
    Saint Paul, MN

How can I pass on these improvements You can put me down for a new set

From
    Sweden

This looks really good!! Like I said before, depending on price, Im down for a set.

From
    SW Minnesota, very small town

OOHHHHH....I love what you've done with everything else, but the kidney plate officially "turned me on" !!!! Well done FP!!!! Amazing stuff!!!
    D

From
    UK

:thumbup

what's the price?

Back again for more and am I glad, those pics look amazing and the knee dart attachment is a great idea

From
    Ft. Worth, TX

FP...WOW

man you nailed those knees!!!

great job!!

Account Deactivated
    From
    Spain

Sorry FP, Important PM Sent!

Like the others...I am down, pending price.