Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Subscribe
    Sep 26, 2005, 5:54 AM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #101

so cool!!!

I'd do some more weathering though, but that's my personal preference.

yours looks very close to the MoM and the now seen FIDM

keep it up
    Sep 26, 2005, 1:14 PM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #102

I probably would have done more weathering if I hadn't ran out of paint! LOL
    Sep 26, 2005, 9:00 PM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #103

Okay. I had 10 minutes of nothing to do so of course I had to change something. I repainted my right knee to make it less orange. and more like the MoM reference. I also sanded down the left knee and filled the dent with JB Kwik and bondo. I have primed it and I am wating for that to dry.

For reference, here is a picture of the original left knee:

And after sanding and filling (you can see the new dent I made):

And here it is primed up:
  4. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Sep 26, 2005, 10:16 PM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #104

Sorry Buddy, Couldn't wait to see it on...

Tried to use some lighting effects to match..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dsc102829.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	5776  
    Oct 4, 2005, 12:55 AM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #105

You didn't get it to far off Alex. Here is a shot of everything I have (minus shin tools which were still wet). Notice the repaint on the knees (and the missing knee strap...arrrrgghh!!!) Oh and I got my MLC :jet pack today!
    Oct 4, 2005, 10:36 AM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #106

HOLY S.......

:thumbup :thumbup Fantastic work... truly fantastic. You sure I'm not looking at a picture from the exhibit out in LA right now? Your suit belongs up there with some of the best!
    Oct 4, 2005, 11:11 AM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #107

Man!! all this awesome work makes me speed up my Boba!!
    Oct 4, 2005, 11:18 AM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #108

freaking!!!

sjees lawees!! that looks so cool!!
  9. Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Oct 4, 2005, 1:03 PM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #109

Very Impressive. :thumbup

Your pose is also very Fett like in that pic. Intimidating.

Oct 4, 2005, 4:36 PM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #110

Very nice !!!!!!!!!!

Your weathering on your jumpsuit is KILLER :thumbup
    Now I'm going to add more to mine

-Tim-
  11. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Oct 4, 2005, 6:09 PM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #111

.....Amazing Gary...Truely amazing...
    nice bucket too ....

Quote Pavespawn said:
    You didn't get it to far off Alex. Here is a shot of everything I have (minus shin tools which were still wet). Notice the repaint on the knees (and the missing knee strap...arrrrgghh!!!) Oh and I got my MLC :jet pack today!
    Oct 5, 2005, 2:55 AM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #112

Thanks to everyone. My Fett has come together so well because of the input and help of the people here at TDH. Without the tutorials and references I got here, this would not be possible.

If just one person gets a small bit of information from my posts to make their Fett dream come true then my mission is complete.

After I get it all done I am going to have my sister-in-law do a photoshoot. She is a photographer and owns a studio. If anyone lives in the Birmingham, Alabama area and would also like to do a shoot, please let me know. Her studio is just getting off the ground but she is a terrific photographer.
    Last edited by Pavespawn; Oct 5, 2005 at 3:02 AM.
  13. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Oct 5, 2005, 6:48 PM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #113

P.S Like the new AVATAR... Sweet..
    Oct 11, 2005, 12:24 PM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #114

Fantastic work!! Thank you for sharing.

One question on your knees and shoulder bells what color did you use for the topical application around the exposed metal/silver areas? It looks like a cream color.

Keep up the excellent work, it is an inspiration to all. This thread is a wealth of information.

Alan
    Oct 11, 2005, 1:19 PM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #115

Wow! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G work! Ok, it's time to get working on mine. I just ran out of excuses.

Once again, great job!
    Oct 11, 2005, 5:13 PM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #116

Quote wizardofflight said:
    Fantastic work!! Thank you for sharing.

One question on your knees and shoulder bells what color did you use for the topical application around the exposed metal/silver areas? It looks like a cream color.

Keep up the excellent work, it is an inspiration to all. This thread is a wealth of information.

Alan
    I used Polly Scale ATSF Catwhisker Yellow. It is a cream color with a touch of yellow.
    Oct 11, 2005, 5:34 PM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #117

Thank you, after studing the reference pics that color looks dead on.

Alan

Quote Pavespawn said:
    I used Polly Scale ATSF Catwhisker Yellow. It is a cream color with a touch of yellow.
    Oct 11, 2005, 5:36 PM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #118

Quote wizardofflight said:
    Thank you, after studing the reference pics that color looks dead on.

Alan
    Don't thank me, thank Rouge Studios for figuring it out!
    Nov 5, 2005, 8:58 PM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #119

Stuff looks great man. :thumbup Unfortunately, the last few pics don't come through on this slow Internet of mine. Anyway, couple questions. Does the JB weld work good on the snaps? Was all painting done by airbrush? Where can I get one of those neat "green" flight suits? Mine are all tan right now.
    Nov 5, 2005, 9:04 PM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #120

Thanks. JB Weld has not let me down yet. It seems to work great. Of course like anything else, it will eventually wear out, I just don't know when. I did all of the armor with an airbrush. My jet pack was done with spray cans. The green flight suit is what I wear to work. Army/Navy store occasionally have some.
    Nov 5, 2005, 9:14 PM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #121

Yeah, I have several. I was just kidding. The suit looks great. And, you have deffinately given me some good ideas. One of them may be buying an airbrush.
    Nov 5, 2005, 9:18 PM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #122

Oh, I would 100% recommend getting an airbrush. If you can afford it, get a good one. I have a Passche VL and I love it. It is a ton better than the cheap walmart testors one I originally painted my armor with.
    Nov 5, 2005, 9:24 PM - Re: FP Armor... painting techniques for the clandestine hunter #123

yeah, Christmas is coming so I may have to put an airbrush on my list. Thanks again for the inspiration.