Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Four Slot Beacon With Brass Top

From
    Altoona , Iowa

Four Slot Beacon With Brass Top

I was asked to make a more screen accurate Beacon. I used a aging process on the brass. Pics show aged brass next to the new brass and one of the aged peices looks like copper. Let me know what you think.
    I posted a screen use beacon pic.

All input welcome.

Thanks,
    Serenity
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails beacon-014-jpg   beacon-016-jpg   beacon-015-jpg  

beacon-017-jpg   jetpack-beacon-02-jpg  
    Last edited by Serenity; Apr 9, 2009 at 11:33 AM.

From
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Re: Four Slot Beacon With Brass Top

Will you still be offering the all aluminum beacons, for the Jangos?

From
    SW Minnesota, very small town

Looks pretty dang good Sean!!!!!!!!!! Gonna have to get one of those now!!! LOL
    D

From
    UK

Very cool upgrade...
    I appreciate the work that goes into the process! well done bruv!

From
    Las Vegas, NV

VERY NICELY DONE!!!

Great work which will satisfy the most demanding of the ROTJ/SE crowd, but could there be an alternate version made as well for the ESB pack with a shallower height and the additional bump at the top? I've attached a pic from the TDH Wiki for reference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1_rocketpackbeacontop-jpg  

From
    Altoona , Iowa

Thanks All.

I changed the bore depth on my print. I beleive a screw could be added to fix the bump. I'll get to work on those two problem.

Thanks,
    Serenity

Galactic Bounty Hunter said: View Post
    Great work which will satisfy the most demanding of the ROTJ/SE crowd, but could there be an alternate version made as well for the ESB pack with a shallower height and the additional bump at the top? I've attached a pic from the TDH Wiki for reference.

The brass is pretty cool, nice job

From
    S.F. Bay Area California USA

Fantastic Job Sean!

Hey there! That looks amazing! GBH, I think that the ESB beacon had the flat top, not the bump top. I'm not certain which one the C4 pack is, but I don't think its ESB Hero. I'll look for some ref that shows it flat. That's hard, because on all the screen caps the beacon is lit and obscures the top a bit.

From
    Buenos Aires - Argentina

I want this version!!!!!!!!!!!

From

We did have a discussion about the beacons a while back. I'm thinking I have to agree with GBH, that the ESB beacon has the shorter brass top with the little bump on it. Scroll down to the pic Slave1pilot posted of the ESB pack. Again...it definatley is hard to say for shure, but my $ is on the shorter/bump version.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=27560

In any event, what you are doing with these so far is wicked cool Sean!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Jango's kid; Apr 10, 2009 at 12:50 PM.

Jango's kid said: View Post
    I'm thinking I have to agree with GBH, that the ESB beacon has the shorter brass top with the little bump on it. Scroll down to the pic Slave1pilot posted of the ESB pack. Again...it definatley is hard to say for shure, but my $ is on the shorter/bump version.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=27560

In any event, what you are doing with these so far is wicked cool Sean!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Amen Brother!

In any event, I don't know if anyone else had, but I asked Serenity a while back if he could make these modifications to the top of his beacon in order to be as screen accurate as possible! I think the work Sean's done so far looks great, so I don't want to come across as raining on the parade or anything, but being an ESB guy, I'm hoping to get that version spot on as well! "IF" the little nub at the top is or could be something like a Phillips pan head screw, Sean is that something you could adapt to be part of the ESB version? I've also attached the aforementioned pic that really hi-lights the stubbier brass top and the additional raised nub!

THX

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails attachment-jpg  

From
    Altoona , Iowa

Hi All,

I want all the feedback I can get on what needs to be changed. I can make both versions. I put a screw on one and I think it looks good. I can't get a good pic of it. Monday I'll start on the shorter cap. I want to get them as close as I can. So please tell me if you see something wrong.

Thanks,
    Serenity

I already have a Serenity beacon, so I'll be happy to stick with that.

But one thing I'm not convinced about, does the screen ESB beacon have the ridge separation that shows on the AoSW one? I'm guessing it should be smooth like the one I already own, all silver/aluminium coloured but with a brass or copper coloured top (slots section). It should be easy enough to find something "bumpy" to place on top.

But if a screw will be used on these new ones, that won't get in the way of placing a light in it will it?

ha! Funny JK/BGH, I remembered the discussion, but only about the color, not quite the shape oops! Here's some shots of the C4 and AoSW beacons. I don;t think there's a screwhead slot in the top, but maybe I'm just not seeing it. anyone else with better shots? you can see the indent from underneath in the C4 pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aosw_beacon-jpg   c4_beacon-top-jpg  

From

HMMMM......Well those actually look like the longer style top, yet still have the bump on top!!!!!!!!!!!????????? How many friggin versions of this thing are there????????? Maybe its just the camera angle/focal length that is getting me all confused??? I dunno?????? It does look like the "bump" is not a screw though, and seems to be just "made" with the bump on it. Does that make sense???????

It does JK! Keep in mind as its been stated, there were SIX full suits made. possibly only one beacon was a found part, and the rest machined to look like it. (at least thats one theory) the C4 and AoSW pack are most likely not ESB Hero, but the shot S1P posted shows hat the ESB Hero did have the bump and was the shorter version.

formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    From
    Manchester, England

Very nice work buddy

From
    Altoona , Iowa

Here's a short one with a screw. What do you think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails patio-project-014-jpg  

Serenity said: View Post
    Here's a short one with a screw. What do you think.
    I think the concept is good, but with the additional pic now, I think it's definitely not a screw. It seems to be part of the top brass piece and the shape has more of a round top, where the screw has a flat area where the cross hairs are for the screwdriver.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

I know I have already said it, but I am LOVING this!!!

From
    Las Vegas, NV

BTW... might I make one suggestion? on the long top (rotj) if you look inside the top most slot, part of the slot is obscured by what I assume to be the fact that they did not mill out the inside as deep as they should have so when the topmost slot was milled, part of it broke through the thickness of the wall (as it should) and part did not. I know we are really picking it apart here, but I am assuming it would take no extra work to do this... could it be done? If you need reference, you only need to look at the last photo in the first post to see what I am referring to.

From
    Altoona , Iowa

I saw that, but they did a bad job of milling. I don't want to do the same. I'll change my part to fix that. I'm also looking for a new hump peice for the top.

Thanks,
    Serenity

ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    BTW... might I make one suggestion? on the long top (rotj) if you look inside the top most slot, part of the slot is obscured by what I assume to be the fact that they did not mill out the inside as deep as they should have so when the topmost slot was milled, part of it broke through the thickness of the wall (as it should) and part did not. I know we are really picking it apart here, but I am assuming it would take no extra work to do this... could it be done? If you need reference, you only need to look at the last photo in the first post to see what I am referring to.

From

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!