Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Oct 28, 2005, 1:18 PM - Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #1

Hi all,
    I need a flight suit, which one is better?
    Does it include the neck seal and ankle spats?
    Thanks
    Oct 28, 2005, 1:36 PM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #2

Matter of opinion, they are both great if you ask me....But I dont think they include the neck seal and ankle spats
    Oct 28, 2005, 2:32 PM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #3

Quote Down in Flames said:
    Hi all,
    I need a flight suit, which one is better?
    Does it include the neck seal and ankle spats?
    Thanks
    i got a custom sized one from skygunbro in a week from the time i sent him the measurements. i've very happy with it... i haven't seen the bobamaker ones, so i can't say anything about them.

it doesn't include the spats or neck seal. i got his vest + flightsuit set.
    Oct 28, 2005, 2:38 PM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #4

Skys a great guy to deal with. Great communication and customer service. Received my suit , vest, and neck in a week, and it fits like a glove.
  5. skygunbro is offline skygunbro
    Oct 28, 2005, 2:47 PM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #5

HI all thanks for the compliments....My suits generally take about a week to make and ship...we custom make them to your measurements to ensure a proper fit...the ankle spats and neck seal are seperate parts...

I have seen Bobamakers suits as well and they are beautiful...I cant comment on the the ankles and neck as Im not sure if they come with them or not but Im sure if he sees this thread he will comment.

The suits I do are made of a prewashed medium weight material....If you want a real heavy weight suit like denim or a heavy twill you can find the material and send it and I can make it out of whatever you want...The colors and quality of the material I use I feel are pretty accurate. Sky
  6. Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Oct 28, 2005, 3:59 PM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #6

Sky,
    Thanks for writting ! And thank you ALL also !
    Do you make neck seals and ankle spats?
    Please PM me.
    Oct 28, 2005, 5:59 PM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #7

Sky...
    Do you have a website or somewhere I can go to check out your work...

Gettin my helmet soon and I will be getting the flight suit next.

Thanks.
    Oct 28, 2005, 8:28 PM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #8

Here's my vote...

I went with my gut and got one of Sky's Jumpsuits as well and they are extremely well made! Vest was just as awesome! You can't go wrong with him.

Jason, many thanks again!

Stay safe.

Tim.
    Oct 28, 2005, 11:11 PM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #9

I guess I'll chime in on Bobamaker's side
    I haven't personally seen SGB's stuff, but I own one of Bobamaker's suits/vests, and the quality is A++!!
    Eric
    Oct 29, 2005, 12:32 PM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #10

I haven't seen BM's stuff, but I hear good things about it. I personally have a SGB flightsuit and I couldn't be more pleased with it. Top notch work, fast delivery, and excellent communication.
    Oct 29, 2005, 1:57 PM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #11

I went on Sky's sight and cant find the flight suit anywhere...Im I blind?
  12. skygunbro is offline skygunbro
    Oct 29, 2005, 3:02 PM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #12

NO your not blind they arent there

Maybe some folks here could post some pics....about a week and a half ago my pc crashed and I had to do a system recovery which destoyed all my picture files..I had some good pics of the suit being worn by people which I dont have now....SO now I am in the process of taking all new pics but that could take some time...Anyone willing to post pics lmk if you need a host to show them.-Sky
    Oct 29, 2005, 5:50 PM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #13

These's are Sky's Jumpsuit, Vest, Spats, and Armor that I painted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	suit.jpg 
Views:	1108 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	6525   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pockets.jpg 
Views:	1074 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	6526   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3b.jpg 
Views:	1078 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	6527  

14. I helped at SDCC '08 Gonzo Fett's Avatar
    Oct 29, 2005, 5:55 PM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #14

nice...does anyone have a picture they can post of an ESB skybro or bobamaker flightsuit? I am looking for that powder blue look.

thanks
    Oct 29, 2005, 6:26 PM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #15

I got Sky's jumpsuit. Excellent guy to deal with. got my jumpsuit&vest in TWO weeks!! And that is WITH INTERNATIONAL shipping and considering that it is custom made that is exremly good service. Usually i have to wait atleast 3-6 weeks for a package from the states!

And if you are on a budget like i am I'd recomment sky's.. but from what i've seen and heard about BM.. and you've got the cash. well... then it's up to you.

I've had the pleasure to have done buisness with both of them and they are both good guys and good buisnessmen..(speedy shipment, excellent comms.) either way.. you can't go wrong!
    Oct 30, 2005, 2:14 PM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #16

hmm... the sky suit looks like you need to iron it alot?

I have this jumpsuit from hospital use, and modified it... I can throw it in the washing machine.... sew it... dirty it... wear it... not a wrinkle...

70 & cotton
    30 % polyester

If I'd order a jumpsuit I think I'd send my own material...

does it really wrinkle so much?
    Oct 30, 2005, 2:36 PM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #17

Personally.. the more wrinkels the better.. makes the Jumpsuit look even more weathered and used..

This is my Skygunbro's jumpsuit and vest.. weathered:

Last edited by Boba Swede; Oct 30, 2005 at 3:49 PM.
    Oct 30, 2005, 3:14 PM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #18

Here's my ROTJ BM suit that he weathered for me.. I think he did a great job.. I'm happy with it although my lighting is a little weird..

Oct 31, 2005, 1:12 AM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #19

Here is my opinion. I have actually had my hands on both suits so I think I have a good perspective. Both suits are very well put together. Sky's has a zipper and BM's are button up. BM's are heavier so I would go with his in a cooler environment. I own a Skygunbro suit and it is perfect for hot weather. The only comment I have for both is that there is no "fly" opening. I busted the seam and sewed in a velcro fly for bathroom breaks. Works great.
    Oct 31, 2005, 1:16 AM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #20

Heck while I am at it, I will tell you about the Starfortress suit since I have had one of those as well. It is a zip up and is close to Sky's style. It is heavier than Sky's but lighter than BM's (I think, I did not have them at the same time). I am very happy with Sky's suit, as well as customer service. BM's service is awesome as well and if I could afford it, I would have a BM suit for winter.
    Oct 31, 2005, 5:23 AM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #21

hmm... swede's suit looks very different from swatcops'

same material? swatcops looks more like that rain repelling, a bit more shiny material... maybe just camera distortian...

I don;t know about the wrinkles... some form because it's snugged up to your body by belts, vests and whatevers...

but if your suit resides in the closet... I think it would look a little silly if you could see that folding patern back in the jumpsuit.. same as the cape, I used to have a canvas TK-409 ESB cape, but the folds were always a bit strange... almost made me want to keep it in the closet without folding it proper...

somehow that proper doesn't really fit boba, so imo... better no folds then straight ones..
    Oct 31, 2005, 8:46 AM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #22

I think that the flash makes the fabric look more shiny than it really is.. my photo is taken in natrual sunlight so the light is softer. So that could be why.. and besides..
    fettswatcop suit looks un-weathered.
    Oct 31, 2005, 10:19 AM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #23

What is the pricing on Sky's suits?
    Oct 31, 2005, 10:58 AM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #24

155 USD on ebay last i checked. (vest&jumpsuit combo) BIN 160 USD(??)
    Jan 13, 2006, 1:49 PM - Re: Which Flightsuit is better: Bobamaker´s or Skygunbro´s ? #25

My current SFP jumpsuit is already falling appart. But I guess it could have something to do with soaking it in bleach to remove the lavender color. :o

Anyway, I am ready for an upgrade, and I wanted to see if anyone had some new feedback for this thread.

Gator